Firstly, I'm very sorry if there's a thread about this already. If so, feel free to delete this.

Yesturday I had the chance to visit Mansons guitar shoip in Exeter, which was absolutely amazing. Manson himself is on tour with Them Crooked Vultures at the moment, and somehow I got talking to his second in command. This man made Matt's second keytar, and helped with the Delores and the double necked Manson, so he knows his stuff. He's making any new orders that come in now from the band, as Hugh's away.

Anyway, the serious news is, on the first night of Wembley, Matt smashed the Glittari. The design team then made a replacement one, should they not be able to fix it in time. Luckily it was fine for the second night, I believe. However, on the first tour date in America (I assume San Diego, 22/09/10) Matt smashed the orginial Glittari again, and its completely split in two. He's using the replacement at the moment, and as soon as the American tour has finished, its being shipped back to Mansons. The guy in the shop reckons they won't be able to fix it, so they'll display it in the shop beside Matt's other wreckage. Santa is no more :(

Just thought I'd let you all know.

And by the way, they let me hold Chris's blue bass used for the recording of OoS, and the following tour :D

I thought it fell off the rack from matt's tower... then he used the new glitterati (santa 2.0) until he threw that one in Quebec.

Edit: just checked good old musewiki and yes it was damaged beyond repair after it fell off the rack at LA 2.

i'm not surprised seing as the guitars he had to use were replacements that wouldn't have been soundchecked.

exactly :yesey:

I hated that guitar when it was debuted, now im sad its gone, considering it was probably matts most used guitar from 2007 until now. (a bit like delorean)

It also took some serious abuse, headstock being rammed into amp cabs, bein slid acorss the stage on numerous occasions aswell.

I hated that guitar when it was debuted, now im sad its gone, considering it was probably matts most used guitar from 2007 until now. (a bit like delorean)

It also took some serious abuse, headstock being rammed into amp cabs, bein slid acorss the stage on numerous occasions aswell.

Yeah, I mean, the guitar is iconic by now, and it's always managed to take a lot of abuse and survive, so idk, it seemed to me to be a guitar that would never die, like a superguitar or something. I know it's stupid to think so, but that's how I feel.

Archived