Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Guest Batman.

Hyper Music is indeed piss easy. I don't think difficult Muse songs exist actually.. :LOL:

Your DL-1 looks amazing by the way, looks much more delorean-esque with the roland midii pickup.

Guest Batman.

Muse songs aren't difficult = All Muse songs are easy? ;)

Some songs have challenging sections, but even Matt himself admits he's not the most technical player.

Muse songs aren't difficult = All Muse songs are easy? ;)

Some songs have challenging sections, but even Matt himself admits he's not the most technical player.

He makes a lot of his songs easier so he can sing while playing. He is a very good player if you've ever listened to that french interview he did. Which was 10 years ago

Guest Batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiXcqnViz0

I think this is the one they were referring to. Not sure if it's complete though.

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying all Muse songs are easy.. Just that on a scale of 1-10, 1 being Smoke on the water and 10 being insane 6 string sweeps at 32462389463928bpm, I wouldn't put Muse that highly, around six IMO.

EDIT: Anyone have any idea what Tom Waits song Matt's playing at 3:10?

Looks really cool with those mods. Nice that you dare experiment with it. Congrats!

On the "all Muse songs are easy" topic:

I had played guitar for many years when I learned my first Muse songs. I found them pretty uncomplicated and straight forward but still hard to learn. My initial thought was that they are quite different to much other music out there.

A good example is the Hysteria solo. Pretty easy and straight forward but kind of awkward still, and damn hard to make it sound REALLY good. Same thing goes for the Stockholm Syndrome riff. Fingering is initially easy but it´s pain to make it not sound like shit:)

I also find some of the chords Matt uses a bit tricky. He benefits from having small fingers:D

Archived