Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

classified info :stunned:

Nah, it's wood clad in alloy. I assumed it was mahogany or something, but it's heavily weight relieved (not chambered) tulipwood

Which is the same stuff musecasters uses. I'm guessing weight was going to be an issue (they said it was about as heavy as a 70's les paul, which are pretty heavy guitars)

all the wood and metal work was done by Hugh, so I'm guessing he did that swirl finish by hand or something.

I'm definitely looking into it though...I think I could make a fair bit if I sold my prized amp, but I'm not sure if I should.

Most likely just used an endmill on a drill press. I actually bet I could do the same pattern on a cnc machine in 5 minutes. I'm actually more interested in how they get the seams so...seamless.

If with heat or filed and polished. The swirls on the front could have been done once the alloy was fitted.

Actually upon further inspection you can see the seams. Don't know how I missed them. The top overlaps the sides not the other way around if that makes sense. Aluminum looks to be about .040" thick. (1mm) for all of you across the Atlantic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any ideas when these will be finished yet? Just planning when I'll have to stump up the rest of the cash. Were the MB-1s etc sent out one by one when they were made or in batches? Cheers

I'm not 100% certain on this but I think they're meant to be finished this summer, so in a few months. They then get sent out depending on when they're finished/whether you were the first, second, third etc. to order

Be sure to let us know if you actually do get a reply. I asked a couple of months ago about when the MB-1s would be finished, and I never heard back, presumably because they don't know exactly, as I don't think it's done entirely by schedule, hence they give the general seasons as a guideline, so summer for the DL-1s and autumn for the MB-1s apparently.

Be sure to let us know if you actually do get a reply. I asked a couple of months ago about when the MB-1s would be finished, and I never heard back, presumably because they don't know exactly, as I don't think it's done entirely by schedule, hence they give the general seasons as a guideline, so summer for the DL-1s and autumn for the MB-1s apparently.

That sounds about right. Not sure if the DL-1s are being moved over to MGW though - but I assume it's the same people building them anyway.

So, Bs.... How are you holding out with the waiting so far? :ninja:

Absolutely fine! :LOL:

Really, it hasn't bothered me at all! I know I can't afford to pay them until the first week in October anyway, and I've known that all along, so there's no point in me thinking "Oh my God, I wish they were finished already!" because all that would mean would that I'd be completely screwed! XD The timing of when they're meant to be ready and the length of the wait is pretty much perfect for me, so I'm quite happy to be patient and sit it out. :p

That sounds about right. Not sure if the DL-1s are being moved over to MGW though - but I assume it's the same people building them anyway.

As far as I know all production of the forthcoming DL-1s and MB-1's will be completed by Hugh and Tim at the old shop (Mansons Guitar Works) as they will be keeping the usual shop workshop for general repairs and setups, it wasn't really built for guitar production. Not sure when that will be though as when Musecasters and I were down there about 5-6 weeks ago it was just an empty building, walls had been painted but that was about it.

:ninja:

Hi ;) So, Adrian in his last mail, say to me DL-1's must be finished for july and MB-1's probably in the end of august or beginning of september ;) I'll find precision he give to me if you want (for the DL-1 ;))

End of August? I bloody well hope not! :LOL:

Beginning of September is fine, as long as it's not in the first few days, ideally. I remember the original e-mail for the order said that you have 28 days from notification that the instrument has been completed or something to make the payment. I should have the full amount on 1st October I think. I mean I could probably send them about another £2000 before then, but the last £800 or so will be what I'll have on 1st October. So if they finish them in August, then I might be in a bit of trouble. Wikipedia says that 1st September is the beginning of meteorological Autumn though, so I'm going by that. If it looks like they might finish early, I'll have to figure something out closer to the time. Incidentally, 1st October would be 8 months to the day since the order was made and the deposit was sent. Nice timing if it works out that way.

End of August? I bloody well hope not! :LOL:

Beginning of September is fine, as long as it's not in the first few days, ideally. I remember the original e-mail for the order said that you have 28 days from notification that the instrument has been completed or something to make the payment. I should have the full amount on 1st October I think. I mean I could probably send them about another £2000 before then, but the last £800 or so will be what I'll have on 1st October. So if they finish them in August, then I might be in a bit of trouble. Wikipedia says that 1st September is the beginning of meteorological Autumn though, so I'm going by that. If it looks like they might finish early, I'll have to figure something out closer to the time. Incidentally, 1st October would be 8 months to the day since the order was made and the deposit was sent. Nice timing if it works out that way.

So, I ask to Adrian for the MB-1 because I'll go to Reading for the gig at the end of august, so, like it's nearly, I would like to know if there is a chance that my guitar was ready and he answer to me, it's not sure but with the new work shop it's possible ;)

I wish people would stop telling me they're going to Reading! :(

That's cool, thanks for telling me, and let me know if you find anything else out. Maybe I'll give them a call at the end of July or something and see where they stand. No point worrying about it before then anyway. :)

That's cool, thanks for telling me, and let me know if you find anything else out. Maybe I'll give them a call at the end of July or something and see where they stand. No point worrying about it before then anyway. :)

hey Bs! hey hey Bs!! hey Bs!

Annoying-Orange-Hmmm.jpg

I'm going to reading :p

Oh, I'm sorry but it's just for explain to you the context, I can't know, so promise, I'll not do it !!!

Ha, that's okay, I hope you have a great time. I just hope they don't decide to do the whole "play-our-best-album-in-full-for-two-shows-which-aren't-even-our-own-and-then-never-play-most-of-the-songs-again" thing which it sounds like they're going to. If you're going to bring back Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania, Dead Star, etc, at least throw them into your own shows. But I better not get started on that because I could go on for ages! :LOL:

Archived