Actually, some of the biggest moaners I have seen on this board is the ones who bought all of the tickets long before, and then were disappointed afterwards.

And why would you sell your tickets because of one bad gig? That doesn't make sense.

Personally, I think it's pointless to buy them all ages in advance of the first few shows, cos that very thing can happen (disappointment). Or, if you don't want to miss the pre-sales/getting a good seat or whatever, buy them and then sell if you don't think you'll like the rest of the tour.

It doesn't make sense to me that you'd go back for more! It's like being a sucker for punishment. If you're on the boards, you're more than likely going to be someone who checks the setlists of each show often and find out what they're playing every night. Muse had a consistent pattern of playing pretty much the exact same set for a lot of 2009 and into the beginning of 2010, especially in the American leg of the tour. Hoping for a miracle at the show you're going to (i.e. maybe they'll play lots of Showbiz/OoS tracks) is unrealistic. The odd occasion when they played a rare track or two was just that - odd. It didn't happen too often. And all that aside, the bottom line for me is - if you're no longer enjoying it, why continue to go?

Personally, I think it's pointless to buy them all ages in advance of the first few shows, cos that very thing can happen (disappointment). Or, if you don't want to miss the pre-sales/getting a good seat or whatever, buy them and then sell if you don't think you'll like the rest of the tour.

It doesn't make sense to me that you'd go back for more! It's like being a sucker for punishment. If you're on the boards, you're more than likely going to be someone who checks the setlists of each show often and find out what they're playing every night. Muse had a consistent pattern of playing pretty much the exact same set for a lot of 2009 and into the beginning of 2010, especially in the American leg of the tour. Hoping for a miracle at the show you're going to (i.e. maybe they'll play lots of Showbiz/OoS tracks) is unrealistic. The odd occasion when they played a rare track or two was just that - odd. It didn't happen too often. And all that aside, the bottom line for me is - if you're no longer enjoying it, why continue to go?

tbh, I have no idea why I'm even arguing about this, it doesn't even concern me :LOL:

But, point about Muse still stands, which originally was that the musers here that gets "hate" is the ones who ignores the "facts", and says that Muse can do no wrong.

tbh, I have no idea why I'm even arguing about this, it doesn't even concern me :LOL:

But, point about Muse still stands, which originally was that the musers here that gets "hate" is the ones who ignores the "facts", and says that Muse can do no wrong.

I disregard some of the 'facts' as unimportant in the grand scheme if things and take others on board. None of this stops me feeling that Muse are awesome. I feel it's important to retain your own opinion on these things and not be too swayed by others. We're going round in circles here aren't we? :LOL:

perhaps we should get the discussion back on topic?

I disregard some of the 'facts' as unimportant in the grand scheme if things and take others on board. None of this stops me feeling that Muse are awesome. I feel it's important to retain your own opinion on these things and not be too swayed by others. We're going round in circles here aren't we? :LOL:

perhaps we should get the discussion back on topic?

Like I said, however it changes your opinion or not doesn't matter. The thing is that people slag these facts off and says "No, Muse can't do wrong".

It IS possible to say "yes, this is true, but it doesn't change how I feel"

The topic is shit and nonsense to begin with, so why bother?

I don't think playing 15 songs is acceptable considering the price of tickets and believe The Resistance tour could have been handled a lot better. However, some of the moaners on this forum just assume the worst and treat it as fact, which is equally as silly and annoying as the people who think Muse can do no wrong.

Sorry, I really needed to get that out of my system. :LOL:

Like I said, however it changes your opinion or not doesn't matter. The thing is that people slag these facts off and says "No, Muse can't do wrong".

It IS possible to say "yes, this is true, but it doesn't change how I feel"

The topic is shit and nonsense to begin with, so why bother?

Ok, so why did it change how you feel about Muse? Are you easily swayed by the opinions of others?

I don't think playing 15 songs is acceptable considering the price of tickets and believe The Resistance tour could have been handled a lot better. However, some of the moaners on this forum just assume the worst and treat it as fact, which is equally as silly and annoying as the people who think Muse can do no wrong.

"If you like UD more than *random old song* you are simply WRONG"

Thank you! That's what I've been trying to say, but just couldn't articulate it well :LOL:

Ok' date=' so why did it change how you feel about Muse? Are you easily swayed by the opinions of others?[/quote']

It made me realize that Muse as a band today doesn't really give a shit.

It didn't change my opinion on their music.

It made me realize that Muse as a band today doesn't really give a shit.

It didn't change my opinion on their music.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they don't give a shit. I think they do, although less than they used to. I just think that they've changed, they're not in their early 20s anymore, they're not going to smash up their equipment on stage anymore, maybe Matt doesn't feel confident that he can reach those super-high notes anymore. I don't know. I'd have less respect for them if they were still acting like teenagers on stage when they're in their early 30s. They're not the same people they were then and anyone who expects them to be is a fool.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they don't give a shit. I think they do' date=' although less than they used to. I just think that they've changed, they're not in their early 20s anymore, they're not going to smash up their equipment on stage anymore, maybe Matt doesn't feel confident that he can reach those super-high notes anymore. I don't know. I'd have less respect for them if they were still acting like teenagers on stage when they're in their early 30s. They're not the same people they were then and anyone who expects them to be is a fool.[/quote']

Well, you see, I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm simply stating why I my opinion has changed. It has nothing to do with the opinion of other people, it's simply my conclusion after everything that has happened in the last year. The facts, and the opinions I make from those facts. I'm not going to try and change your opinion into thinking Muse doesn't give a crap.

Well, you see, I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm simply stating why I my opinion has changed. It has nothing to do with the opinion of other people, it's simply my conclusion after everything that has happened in the last year. The facts, and the opinions I make from those facts. I'm not going to try and change your opinion into thinking Muse doesn't give a crap.

Lets agree to disagree then *offers hand to shake*

Archived