So Radiohead are less of a rock band than Muse? :erm:

Muse are definitely a rock band (They only have a couple of songs that don't have a rock element to them), Radiohead have plenty of songs which aren't rock at all.

That said, I can't take the opinions of anyone using the term "experimental" seriously.

Muse are definitely a rock band (They only have a couple of songs that don't have a rock element to them), Radiohead have plenty of songs which aren't rock at all.

Never said Muse WEREN'T a rock band, just find it funny how it's when Muse are starting to STRAY from Rock is when that particular comment is made. :LOL:

/irony

Never said Muse WEREN'T a rock band, just find it funny how it's when Muse are starting to STRAY from Rock is when that particular comment is made. :LOL:

/irony

Muse haven't strayed from rock at all, they've done nothing new that other rock bands haven't done before. Rock isn't restricted to guitar, bass, drums & riffs.

The Gallery is the furthest Muse has ever gone from Rock and it was a Showbiz/OOS B-side (Can't remember which off the top of my head) :LOL:

Muse haven't strayed from rock at all, they've done nothing new that other rock bands haven't done before. Rock isn't restricted to guitar, bass, drums & riffs.

The Gallery is the furthest Muse has ever gone from Rock and it was a Showbiz/OOS B-side (Can't remember which off the top of my head) :LOL:

Bliss B-Side.

-_-

Oh and stop putting words in my mouth.

That said, I can't take the opinions of anyone using the term "experimental" seriously.

"But Kid A is one of the most creative and experimental electronic records of all time!"

Ugh I really dislike that kind of example, it's like saying "Yeah I painted the wall this colour but I had to use about 10 coats to get the right shade"

:stunned:

:wtf:

:musesign:

Bad comparison to make. When you paint 10 layers on a wall you cover up everything else so all you get is the topcoat. That's not how it happens in music.

You should listen to one of the best examples of musical layering that Radiohead have done, Arpeggi/Weird Fishes. Starts off simple then builds up to a fantastic crescendo through adding little bits as it goes on. It's a very accomplished artform and there aren't many bands that can do layering well.

Bad comparison to make. When you paint 10 layers on a wall you cover up everything else so all you get is the topcoat. That's not how it happens in music.

You should listen to one of the best examples of musical layering that Radiohead have done, Arpeggi/Weird Fishes. Starts off simple then builds up to a fantastic crescendo through adding little bits as it goes on. It's a very accomplished artform and there aren't many bands that can do layering well.

Still sounds like a fancy painter and decorator to me tbh.

Just tell it like it is, bloody good music regardless, I like both bands (Even though I adore Muse much more) and Radiohead are like a Tiramisu, layered, fancy and equal parts sweet and bitter whereas Muse are like a Sara Lee gateaux, big, filling, yet simple and satisfying :yesey:

Archived