"Muse can do no wrong" is not very uncommon.

True, but people need to understand that not everyone has known Muse for a long time. At the beginning, then you're just discovering their awesomeness, there's that honeymoon period where you're so in love with Muse that they can do no wrong in your eyes. People who have loved Muse and moved on need to remember that they probably once felt that way and let people get on with it without criticising them.

True' date=' but people need to understand that not everyone has known Muse for a long time. At the beginning, then you're just discovering their awesomeness, there's that honeymoon period where you're so in love with Muse that they can do no wrong in your eyes. People who have loved Muse and moved on need to remember that they probably once felt that way and let people get on with it without criticising them.[/quote']

But the thing is that when people come with arguments, backed up with facts, they are told that they are wrong. I get that people think that Muse are awesome and that everything they do is amazing, so did I. But when people proved me wrong, I wasn't being a bitch about it and told them to fuck off.

But the thing is that when people come with arguments, backed up with facts, they are told that they are wrong. I get that people think that Muse are awesome and that everything they do is amazing, so did I. But when people proved me wrong, I wasn't being a bitch about it and told them to fuck off.

Why let people 'prove you wrong'. You thought Muse were awesome, why not stick with your own opinion instead of being swayed by the so-called 'facts'.

Why let people 'prove you wrong'. You thought Muse were awesome' date=' why not stick with your own opinion instead of being swayed by the so-called 'facts'.[/quote']

I'm not saying it changes my opinion of them, I'm saying that I'm not letting my opinion getting in the way of what IS facts.

I love Muse, that doesn't mean I can't see when they are doing something wrong.

Sorry for not being clear enough :p

And yes, facts DID make me realize that Muse wasn't so awesome after all. Not anymore.

I'm not saying it changes my opinion of them, I'm saying that I'm not letting my opinion getting in the way of what IS facts.

I love Muse, that doesn't mean I can't see when they are doing something wrong.

Sorry for not being clear enough :p

And yes, facts DID make me realize that Muse wasn't so awesome after all. Not anymore.

What are these 'facts'?

What are these 'facts'?

That they raise prices, and play less songs than they did when they had an album less.

That they are playing 15 real songs at the moment. That they ignored the polls. That they know what songs the "fans" wants to hear, but ignore it most of the time.

That's some of it, but I'll try not to make this another "complain about setlists"-thread :p

Not really. Don't need to listen to everything by a band to not like them.

I've never met any elitist Radiohead fans, I've received more abuse for being a Radiohead fan than a Muse one.

That's not what I was arguing. Funkadelic mentioned that some Radiohead fans still think Muse are a Radiohead tribute band. To me, that's closed-minded, because they're refusing to acknowledge that their music is nothing like the days of Showbiz anymore. They don't have to like Muse to accept that they're not some Radiohead cover band.

You may not have met any Radiohead elitists, but doesn't mean they don't exist ;).

Like I said, I don't think anyone here frowns upon Muse fans, unless they are ignorant or arrogant, and can't take it when someone criticizes Muse.

"Muse can do no wrong" is not very uncommon.

Just like the "Muse fans are psychotic weirdos" idea is not very uncommon.

That they raise prices, and play less songs than they did when they had an album less.

That they are playing 15 real songs at the moment. That they ignored the polls. That they know what songs the "fans" wants to hear, but ignore it most of the time.

That's some of it, but I'll try not to make this another "complain about setlists"-thread :p

Does that stuff really matter though? Enough to stop you thinking they're awesome? Analyse anything closely enough and you'll stop loving it.

There's a lot of over-analysing going on on this board (and probably most other boards too).

When I started going to gigs (and I'm going to sound really old here :LOL:) there was no internet. I had no idea of what songs I was going to get so everything was a surprise. Now people analyse setlists before they go and feel short-changed if they get something that's been played at every gig, even if they've never heard it live themselves. How is this helpful?

Really? Around here? Never even seen anything close to it tbh.

I'm not saying it's posted in that exact manner in tons of threads, but it seems to be a common opinion among ex-fans or fans that aren't as into Muse anymore.

Other evidence is the constant spamming of threads or creating new pointless ones to irritate the 'OTT' fans - as I mentioned earlier. It's just another sign that some people think that the 'obsessed' fans should just be laughed at and this side of the board is for lolz. This is just generalisation about a certain type of boardie, though. Most people are normal/nice :p.

Does that stuff really matter though? Enough to stop you thinking they're awesome? Analyse anything closely enough and you'll stop loving it.

There's a lot of over-analysing going on on this board (and probably most other boards too).

When I started going to gigs (and I'm going to sound really old here :LOL:) there was no internet. I had no idea of what songs I was going to get so everything was a surprise. Now people analyse setlists before they go and feel short-changed if they get something that's been played at every gig, even if they've never heard it live themselves. How is this helpful?

Well, my personal opinion is that they are only giving 50%, which makes me sad.

That doesn't happen too often. It's mainly the people that go to several gigs in a tour that complain, the internet just gives people a bit more to complain about and where to do it.

Yes it does matter.

If I'm paying £50 for a ticket, I want something in return that matches that, not a shorter set compared to when I was paying £15 to see them.

Think of all the other gig tickets I could get with that money, in a nice small venue, definite opportunity of getting to meet the band and not have to travel half the country to get there...

I have seen bands who'll do the same amount of songs at the same sort of level as Muse, but often they are complete reworkings of the songs, rather than Song > RATM riff > minute changing instruments > Next song > Led Zep riff > Another minute changing instruments

Yes it does matter.

If I'm paying £50 for a ticket, I want something in return that matches that, not a shorter set compared to when I was paying £15 to see them.

Think of all the other gig tickets I could get with that money, in a nice small venue, definite opportunity of getting to meet the band and not have to travel half the country to get there...

So then... don't go? :)

It's a lot of money, I agree, but I'd still go because I still enjoy it and think it's worth it. If you're that aggravated by their gigs and don't feel it's worth the money, there's no point wasting it on a show you know you won't enjoy. I've seen lots of fans moan and moan but still fork out lots of money to see them repeatedly, which I find odd.

It's a lot of money, I agree, but I'd still go because I still enjoy it and think it's worth it. If you're that aggravated by their gigs and don't feel it's worth the money, there's no point wasting it on a show you know you won't enjoy. I've seen lots of fans moan and moan but still fork out lots of money to see them repeatedly, which I find odd.

I don't go. I'm getting sick of people saying that to people as well.

I made the mistake of seeing them at Glasto. I'm glad I didn't waste money on that during their tour and definitely won't be seeing them again.

Definitely not the best live band in the world anymore, they were the worst band I saw that weekend!

1. You are missing the point.

2. People bought their tickets before the tour started, they can't see into the future.

That doesn't happen too often. It's mainly the people that go to several gigs in a tour that complain, the internet just gives people a bit more to complain about and where to do it.

Maybe not exactly that scenario, but there are a lot of people who complain about the setlists because x song has been played x amount of times. If the vast majority of people at those gigs haven't seen those songs live before, does it matter how many times they've been played elsewhere?

I don't go.

I made the mistake of seeing them at Glasto. I'm glad I didn't waste money on that during their tour and definitely won't be seeing them again.

Definitely not the best live band in the world anymore, they were the worst band I saw that weekend!

Different strokes, I guess. I'd have killed to see them at Glasto 04, but Glasto 10 was just a normal gig, imo. It was made to be a bigger deal than it was, and I didn't find The Edge joining them to be particularly thrilling, lol. I'd still see them in future, though, cos I do think they're still a great live band. But I think their prime was 2003-2005.

And that would be?

I'm not saying that, I;m saying that even AFTER they saw their shows and complained about them, a few fans just continued to go to more shows and continued Still to complain, lol.

Maybe you should read the last page?

And like I said, people bought the tickets long before. If I have concert tickets+plane tickets to 4 Muse shows I'm not going to try and sell them just because the first concert was disappointing.

And like I said, people bought the tickets long before. If I have concert tickets+plane tickets to 4 Muse shows I'm not going to try and sell them just because the first concert was disappointing.

Perhaps it would be foolish to have bought those four tickets plus plane travel in the first place before seeing what the tour was going to be like?

Different strokes, I guess. I'd have killed to see them at Glasto 04, but Glasto 10 was just a normal gig, imo. It was made to be a bigger deal than it was, and I didn't find The Edge joining them to be particularly thrilling, lol. I'd still see them in future, though, cos I do think they're still a great live band. But I think their prime was 2003-2005.

That was it for me, the extended stoppages between every song and every "jam" (Although clearly rehearsed and planned before hand, so not a jam at all) is stuff by other people, the songs don't evolve at all over the tours anymore...

Other bands seem to be able to do more than Muse these days and I'd rather spend my money on that.

Perhaps it would be foolish to have bought those four tickets plus plane travel in the first place before seeing what the tour was going to be like?

Maybe a person thought that knowing how the last tours have been would be enough to believe that this one was going to be even close to those.

I already know what the argument was.. I think you missed my point.

Why wouldn't you? Plane tickets aside, if you're that disappointed by it then you could just sell on your other tickets because you find it a waste of money. I find it weird that you'd want to continue going to all the other shows in spite of the fact that you're not enjoying it. And, tbh, the sorts of fans that book lots of shows abroad before the first show of the tour has even begun are a) a bit foolish for doing that and b) not usually the regular moaners I'm talking about, lol. And if they are, they just end up going for the meet-ups instead of for Muse.

I already know what the argument was.. I think you missed my point.

Why wouldn't you? Plane tickets aside, if you're that disappointed by it then you could just sell on your other tickets because you find it a waste of money. I find it weird that you'd want to continue going to all the other shows in spite of the fact that you're not enjoying it. And, tbh, the sorts of fans that book lots of shows abroad before the first show of the tour has even begun are a) a bit foolish for doing that and b) not usually the regular moaners I'm talking abou, lolt. And if they are, they just end up going for the meet-ups instead of for Muse.

Actually, some of the biggest moaners I have seen on this board is the ones who bought all of the tickets long before, and then were disappointed afterwards.

And why would you sell your tickets because of one bad gig? That doesn't make sense.

Archived