I'd probably need to be sedated.:LOL: I doubt that though, since Coldplay is booked in Portugal the 6th and Spain the 7th ... they could do Reading/Leeds but that'd kill me, because I'd most likely have to miss them in favor of catching Muse at both.

I don't really see an act coming in that would drop Muse to No. 4, either, although honestly I have little concept of what is and isn't big in popular music. :$ Doesn't really matter to me, there's not very much I'd mind missing for Muse.:D

Ohhh, didn't know that bit about Coldplay tour dates. In that case, yeah, I bet we have our top 3. ;)

Yeah I always check coldplay.com, pining for some U.S. action, but they just keep posting European stuff. :stunned:

Yeah, I'm not counting on Coldplay touring North America again until toward the end of the year at the earliest, especially with the next album's release being so fuzzy and the band probably wanting to road-test a few new songs during European festivals.

To those who have been before: Have you had to make some tough sacrifices in order to get a good spot for the headliners? i.e Skipping MGMT in order to get barrier for Arcade Fire

Though I've never been to a festival before (this year's Coachella will be my first), I've heard from many folks that odds are you won't be able to see every act you want to see unless your interests are very limited, especially with schedule conflicts. For Lolla, I'm foreseeing this being an issue on Muse day for those who are hell-bent for barrier, as we'll likely be missing some solid acts on smaller stages.

Have tickets already gone on sale? I know nothing about festivals and how they work.

No, they won't go on sale until April. But there are apparently cheaper early bird passes, as well as extra cheap "golden ticket" passes that go on sale without notice and with super limited quantity. Others know more than I do about this, so read back a few pages to see if anyone goes into more detail about them. :)

To those who have been before: Have you had to make some tough sacrifices in order to get a good spot for the headliners? i.e Skipping MGMT in order to get barrier for Arcade Fire

Yeah, at ACL I was in agony all day because I really wanted to see Broken Bells and Two Door Cinema Club but I couldn't do that if I wanted barrier. :( Festivals always make you make hard decisions, it's just how the scheduling goes.

1st maybe 2nd post in this forum and I'm just as stoked about going to Lolla and having Muse as a headliner! I'm looking at flying in via Midway on Southwest on August 4 - August 8

welcome ... make sure you lookup a way to get from Midway to Downtown that is not via Taxi Cab. pricey.

No, they won't go on sale until April. But there are apparently cheaper early bird passes, as well as extra cheap "golden ticket" passes that go on sale without notice and with super limited quantity. Others know more than I do about this, so read back a few pages to see if anyone goes into more detail about them. :)

Kk thanks!

I am so excited!!

I think I'm almost more excited for meeting a bunch of Musers than the concert!! (But not really)

Musers take a very close 2nd after the concert though.

+1000. Flying 3 and a half hours for a Muser Meet. That's saying something. :LOL: Not to mention the outrageous amount of money I just paid for my flights...it's so unfair that Californians can fly to Chicago for $99! :indiff:

Oh well. That's what my federal tax refund is for. :happy:

In case you haven't signed up, (what are you waiting for? :p) we have an official Muser Meetup list for Lolla, and here's a copy of it. If you're coming, go to the Chicago Meetup thread and add yourself, so we can plan some fun stuff. :D

Arrivals

Wednesday

Liz (Liz0_o) 6:20AM

Shelbi (Shlebee) 6:15PM

Justin (Sizzle'd) 6:15PM

Thursday

Jessi (dragonfly) 10:30AM

Florencia (AguanteRiver) 3:45PM

Amanda (TrebleRose689) 4:15PM

Michael (sprocketeer) ? PM

Lodging

HI Hostel

Amanda (TrebleRose689) from Maine

Florencia (AguanteRiver) from Arizona

Dallas (Keiko Kanzaki) from Canada

AJ (Pistol Star) from Illinois

Beth (BAR0626) from Woodstock

Cecily (Triple C) from Delaware

Haley (agenthal) ***flexible***

crowbi_wan from Seattle

Brittany (britnyaw) from Arkansas

Tracy (altrocker1807) from SoCal

Travelodge

Irene (bisbstuff) from Toronto

Melanie (Wicked and Divine) from Seattle

Gretchen (hunterrunfarm) from Ohio

Linda (*Isadora*) from Nova Scotia

Katie (Resistnace88)

Catherine (HAARP61)

Heather (i_will_be_singing)

Michael (sprocketeer) from Los Angeles

Jessica (JessicaSarahS) from San Francisco

Mandy (hugenkiss) from South Carolina

Jessi (dragonfly) from New Jersey ***not sure***

Other Hotel/Apartment

Shelbi (Shlebee) from Orange County

Liz (Liz0_o) from Las Vegas

Justin (Sizzle'd) from SoCal

Lindsay (glitchinmybrain) from Minneapolis - staying @ the Silversmith Hotel

Home (Lucky! :LOL:)

Mar (hyperactivebliss) from Chicago

Don't Know (Coming to the festival, but unsure about accomodations for now)

jaelu

Naomi (naomithegreat) from Atlanta/Chicago

Gina (jocose) from Orange County

Maybe (coming to Lolla)

Ian (i.wish.i.RAWR!)

+1000. Flying 3 and a half hours for a Muser Meet. That's saying something. :LOL: Not to mention the outrageous amount of money I just paid for my flights...it's so unfair that Californians can fly to Chicago for $99! :indiff:

Oh well. That's what my federal tax refund is for. :happy:

In case you haven't signed up, (what are you waiting for? :p) we have an official Muser Meetup list for Lolla, and here's a copy of it. If you're coming, go to the Chicago Meetup thread and add yourself, so we can plan some fun stuff. :D

I'm going and I'll be staying at the Essex Inn Chicago. What's the other forum? I'm on in it but...I'm really not a forum person. I only joined to get Lolla info. I'm so confused! :LOL:

Don't worry. This thread is more about Lolla itself, and the Chicago meetup one is where we all post where we're staying, when we're flying in, and what we want to do when we all meet in Chicago. Nothing too specific yet, but we're talking about a meetup on Thursday night, and I know someone mentioned Six Flags on Wednesday. :shifty:

Coundown to Lolla: 152 days. :happy:

Archived