A great pretty funny description of the Concert in Krakow

Sorry If it's been posted :erm:

http://erato1.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-muse-obsessive-coke-live-festival-in-krakow-poland-on-21st-august-2010/

here are a few better quotes:

I was a bit confused as the first notes rang out, and Matt stood front of stage clapping, and I then realised they had started with New Born (with Morgan playing the opening piano part, as he has done on this particular tour). This was the first surprise of the night – I don’t recall them ever starting with that song, even during Origin… days! I remember thinking at that moment that the night was going to be extra special.

Meanwhile, we noticed that side-stage was Chris’ wife Kelly with all four children, including the baby, and the nanny. The older three children clapped during NB, something very cute to watch! Also, side-stage were two female guests of Matt’s, a blonde and a brunette, who came during the second song, and left during the fourth, the blonde one having smoked right through those songs!

It was extremely effective, a lovely neon blue light surrounding this unusual instrument, obviously more effective live than on video. I managed to get a video of most of this song, because it’s my son’s favourite one – he calls it “Matt’s sexy song”

At this point, Matt bent down and picked up a pair of yellow, novelty sunglasses off the stage (a fan had thrown them up there earlier), and put them on. Then he put his arm in the air, turned to face the crowd, and poked out his tongue, revealing his yellow plectrum on the end of it.

The guys left the stage then with Dom telling the crowd in Polish that he would see them again. Matt had attempted to speak some Polish earlier – it wasn’t correct, but the Polish fans still loved it!

yeah and there's about a paragraph on matt's little amp moment :rolleyes:

thought I'd post the link here after reading it through :happy:

I'm referring to bitter sweet emotion.

Certain people always argue that people are not criticised for liking certain songs. This thread proves that to be false! ;):chuckle:

Ah I never argued that though :p I don't have many songs that I dislike so much that I don't get why other people love it, but Guiding Light just gets on my tits. Maybe that's why Dom doesn't mind playing it; the boobs..it's all always the boobs :awesome:

Ah I never argued that though :p I don't have many songs that I dislike so much that I don't get why other people love it, but Guiding Light just gets on my tits. Maybe that's why Dom doesn't mind playing it; the boobs..it's all always the boobs :awesome:

:LOL: Of course people are allowed not to like songs, but it has actually warmed on me over time. It has a certain atmosphere at the gigs and I don't care what you say, for me it has that edge, I suppose because I connect to the lyrics. I think the fact that it's not played every gig works in it's favour, when it is. Also the general dismissal of it made me make extra effort to actually listen to it and attempt to take in what it was that Muse like about it. I'm contrary like that! :LOL:

I wouldn't say it's a favourite but I totally accept that it may be some people's favourite. :)

It reminds me of 'Guiding Light as an emotional edge' :chuckle:

Guiding Light is emotional for me as it never fails to make me want to slit my wrist when I hear it live :chuckle:

The only way to get over the emotion is just to embrace the bad cheese and over do the dramatic gesture :LOL:

Archived