New song by Matt!

Claudia O

Someone please let him do a full film score already!

Pretty neat! I hope I don't insult him when I express the hope that this one remains instrumental. 

EDIT: Oh well, he mentioned it's him on piano and singing and the BBC orchestra doing the rest, apparently. Still exciting. 

Edited by That Little Animal

I’ll be honest I’m kinda in the middle based off that clip. Just sounds like another cinematic Matt piano piece post-2009. Could be good, just not much to go off.

Working with the BBC orchestra is interesting...fuelling one of my conspiracy theories that the Albert Hall gig at the end of the year might’ve finally been a Muse orchestra show :ninja: irrelevant now mind...

5 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Lol

Thom Yorke just released a new song today (heard it on BBC 6) grand piano and him singing ... 

it‘s beautiful 🙂

Guess the war’s back on after all these years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coincidence? 
Probably yes, but I think there‘s a war between the fans, not the artists  ... I love Radiohead’s The Bends and Ok Computer albums, but then I lost interest ... one song by Thom solo was great, but can‘t remember which one 😅

On 5/5/2020 at 4:10 AM, Jobby said:

I’ll be honest I’m kinda in the middle based off that clip. Just sounds like another cinematic Matt piano piece post-2009. Could be good, just not much to go off.

Yup, it's Matt-by-numbers until the very end of the clip when he throws in some Twin-Peaksy curveballs. Which could turn out pretty cool. 

39 minutes ago, That Little Animal said:

it has that uncomfortable "Matt's sincerely whispering bad lyrics in my ear" feeling. 

Haven’t listened to it yet but felt this vibe coming REAL quick the minute I read “your hands can heal her / your lips taste her beauty” 😖😖😖

BUT I will say I’m still approaching this with it being just a quickly put together thing he’s trying out firmly in mind. Not gonna judge it super heavily so I don’t expect to be disappointed.

Edited by Jobby

The forum was breaking when I tried to log in so here I am. I'm going to wait until the proper premiere. It's not long now anyways. I already imagine it's something kinda thrown together but that's ok everyone's doing it nowadays.

• Like 1

Just heard it, it’s brill??

Surprised people are saying they were underwhelmed.

Edit: guys, honestly wow. Matt, please do a solo record at some point I will be there xx

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1

Late to the party. Immediately downloaded it from iTunes before I listened and was not disappointed. Matt can whisper "bad" uplifting lyrics sincerely to me all day if the music is this good! Seriously that piano riff is just so deliciously off kilter and the chords are so Musey, and the orchestra fits so perfectly! This is what I love about Matt's songs.

This sounds very much like a Musical .... imo it‘s too short, I was waiting for a bridge, turning point, Idk ... 

The melody is beautiful, the piano and strings as well. I think it‘ll need to grow on me, but ...

Don‘t you waaaaste iiiitttt .... sticks in my head! 

It is pure and was written in a short time ... 

what will the videoclip be like 🤔Lol ok ...... 🤪🤣

Edited by Claudia O

I think it being so short and simple is obvs a product of the ultra quick turnaround but it ends up being a nice change of pace imo. Not everything needs to have diverging sections or big blowouts.

The parts where the melody lingers on one note at the end of each verse, the dissonance, the falsetto in the bridge...it’s so delicate and haunting. Really feels like something he would’ve put out on Abso or something.