New song by Matt!

Claudia O

34 minutes ago, kueller said:

The chords are lovely. It kinda reminds me of Soaked. It's got that feel to it from that era.

Soaked was one of the first songs that came to me as well ❤️ probs that and RBS

27 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

Interview with Zane Lowe!! 

News about the ST-tourfilm etc .... !!

https://loudwire.com/muse-2020-concert-film-matt-bellamy-tomorrows-world/

Ooh, interesting, didn’t know they were going for something like that. I know they did film something just before the gig and Hans said it was for the film but I figured it’d just be the main menu or something :’)

Welllll colour me excited. Love that they’re trying something so ambitious with it. Seems like something that would’ve made more sense for Drones, though granted ST is a better album.

Edited by Jobby

15 hours ago, Jobby said:

Just heard it, it’s brill??

Surprised people are saying they were underwhelmed.

Edit: guys, honestly wow. Matt, please do a solo record at some point I will be there xx

Good! It’s great. It’s really just the same singing style that has been bothering me now for every album since the Resistance.  

I think this song is mostly comparable to Blackout (which I love), lyrics-wise too. I just like that era more because of the more pinched, more untrained vocals, which somehow make it sound like he’s taking himself less seriously. 

Anyway, I’m grateful for a new piano song, and indeed, I’m ready for a Matt solo album (with some instrumental tracks). 

18 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Soaked was one of the first songs that came to me as well ❤️ probs that and RBS

Ooh, interesting, didn’t know they were going for something like that. I know they did film something just before the gig and Hans said it was for the film but I figured it’d just be the main menu or something :’)

Welllll colour me excited. Love that they’re trying something so ambitious with it. Seems like something that would’ve made more sense for Drones, though granted ST is a better album.

ST better than Drones 🙈😱 never !!

Very touching and heartfelt song, but I feel it could've been something even greater if Matt decided to work on it a little longer. I'm so glad to hear that his "Romantique pianist" self never died, though, contrary to what many keep on blathering.

EDIT: About that home-made lyric video... er... I find it a little creepy, sorry Matt. Good on him for trying, though.

It's good to be back, guys. I missed this forum so much!😊

1 hour ago, Jobby said:

I mean there’s not a lot in it, Drones is very good. But ST is *chef kiss*

Yep, it may not be a groundbreaking masterpiece, but after one year and a half I can positively say that, from my point of view, ST displays many encouraging signs about Matt's and the guys' inspiration. I know there are TC (which I'm falling a bit out of love with) and GUAF in it, but meh, with a "Side-A" run like Algorithm-SH, plus Blockades, The Void and the AR versions, I just can't complain. It always brings a smile to my face any time I listen to it and in some parts even makes me feel the... "spark (?)" I felt the first times I listened to Muse.

But it might be just me, I don't know.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

11 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Interview with Zane Lowe!! 

News about the ST-tourfilm etc .... !!

https://loudwire.com/muse-2020-concert-film-matt-bellamy-tomorrows-world/

They can take as long as they merry-well please on even thinking about making a new album if they're working on that!! Holy cheese, I can't believe I never imagined Muse doing a Wall-type film before, it makes so much sense for them! Very excited! :D

20 hours ago, kueller said:

The chords are lovely. It kinda reminds me of Soaked. It's got that feel to it from that era.

Third song by Matt that reminds people of Soaked. Time to move on!

I gave it another go. Heard it quite a lot of times now. Still not getting it. 

2 hours ago, Hat said:

Third song by Matt that reminds people of Soaked. Time to move on! 

We’ll keep bringing it up until Matt finally lets that redheaded stepchild come home :phu:

(also I can’t remember the second)

31 minutes ago, Claudia O said:

I listened to Pray after this one, man ... I like Pray much more ... 

See, maybe I’m shallow but I never even really saw Pray as a proper ‘song’. Maybe ‘cos my main experience with it was seeing it as a live interlude but it strikes me more as something that’d be used as a backing to something visual or as a bridge between two more significant pieces. Basically, not something that stands out on its own two feet.

Edited by Jobby

1 hour ago, Clunge said:

Did Matt/Muse ever put a full version of Pray out?

You can find it on Matt's YouTube channel too. Some people were surprised  Matt had a YT channel but it's been a thing for 1 year 😉

30 minutes ago, Nunki said:

You can find it on Matt's YouTube channel too. Some people were surprised  Matt had a YT channel but it's been a thing for 1 year 😉

huh? No it hasn't. It literally says "Joined Mar 4, 2020" on the channel. The Topic channel that Pray is on is an auto-generated thing by Youtube.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...