American Resistance Tour 2010

ZachWithAnH

Don't feel too bad, it's not like the summer polls turned out to many fans' liking on this message board. Besides, I'd rather be spared from watching Neutron Star Collision rise to the top of every American gig poll.

hah!!!

And II'm pissed they left my state out :LOL:;)

i dont even think they followed the setlist polls much anyway

though, i think theyve gotten the message that we want them to change up the set lists more. Sure, they aren't changing it as much as some of us like, but they are switching openers and throwing in Bliss and CE more often and even playing stuff like Cave every once in a while. I really hope this stuff keeps up through the American tour too. Or at least mix it up for the two festivals on the US tour

I really, honestly think that they're gonna do the exact thing with America as they did last spring :erm:. 17 song setlists (or something like that), nothing new, and not much excitement from them. If they prove me wrong though I will love them forever :LOL:

Also, I'm glad they didn't do setlist polls for America, else I would've gotten more raged over the fact that they never played any of the songs on them anyway :p

I'm almost positive that I'm not the only one who feels left out because the American leg of the tour doesn't have the choice to chose the setlists, who's with me?

It would have been SMBH, Uprising, Starlight, and NSC in the top anyways. Wouldn't have had a shot at getting a rarity.

May get the random Bliss or RBS......:LOL:

As has been said, I'm not too bothered by the setlist polls, although I think it would be interesting to see the results... of course, anyone can vote in those, can't they? So I guess it wouldn't be an indicator of what Americans wanted to hear because it would be affected by people from outside the US voting.

i dont even think they followed the setlist polls much anyway

though, i think theyve gotten the message that we want them to change up the set lists more. Sure, they aren't changing it as much as some of us like, but they are switching openers and throwing in Bliss and CE more often and even playing stuff like Cave every once in a while. I really hope this stuff keeps up through the American tour too. Or at least mix it up for the two festivals on the US tour

The problem is the shows they've mixed up have been the festival sets, generally speaking the stadium shows are very structured like the arena ones were. If I'm remembering correctly, the only show that saw major differences was Paris, and it was probably only because they played two nights in a row.

I don't expect a whole lot of mixing up once they come back to the tower stage etc. I am curious about how (if) they'll work in NSC, though. Maybe they'll make a 17 song setlist with the 16 song core and NSC? Or swap it with GL? Not sure....

As has been said, I'm not too bothered by the setlist polls, although I think it would be interesting to see the results... of course, anyone can vote in those, can't they? So I guess it wouldn't be an indicator of what Americans wanted to hear because it would be affected by people from outside the US voting.

The problem is the shows they've mixed up have been the festival sets, generally speaking the stadium shows are very structured like the arena ones were. If I'm remembering correctly, the only show that saw major differences was Paris, and it was probably only because they played two nights in a row.

I don't expect a whole lot of mixing up once they come back to the tower stage etc. I am curious about how (if) they'll work in NSC, though. Maybe they'll make a 17 song setlist with the 16 song core and NSC? Or swap it with GL? Not sure....

I'd feel bad for the poor saps that get Guiding Shite if thats the case :LOL:

I meant at least NSC is fast paced....Guiding Light is just....boooring.

*eagerly awaits an attack from mattarena88 (Guiding Light lover)

If I recall correctly you posted the drum intro on my fb.

Come on Michel, all together now....*DUNDUN DUN DUNDUN CLAP*

It is a bit of a downer at gigs, but it's still the shit. I think it catches too much hate. GL>NSC 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Also can we all agree that calling it Guiding Shite is not nearly as witty as some people think? Seriously, it's Chip-worthy.

if anyone in the states wants to preserve their sanity they won't get their hearts set on any changes from the spring. this is why i've stopped looking at the gig threads. it's just not worth the aggravation.

it's foolish to think they'll do anything even remotely differently except of course some minor wardrobe changes :rolleyes:

i prefer "boomboom boom boomboom TSSSCCHHH" :awesome:

It is a bit of a downer at gigs, but it's still the shit. I think it catches too much hate. GL>NSC 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Also can we all agree that calling it Guiding Shite is not nearly as witty as some people think? Seriously, it's Chip-worthy.

I also think GL > NSC and don't quite get the hate... I understand that people don't like it, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be :$

if anyone in the states wants to preserve their sanity they won't get their hearts set on any changes from the spring. this is why i've stopped looking at the gig threads. it's just not worth the aggravation.

it's foolish to think they'll do anything even remotely differently except of course some minor wardrobe changes :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's part of the reason for my pessimism - don't want to get my hopes up! If I go expecting essentially the same set I got in March then I can't be disappointed :awesome::D

i prefer "boomboom boom boomboom TSSSCCHHH" :awesome:

I also think GL > NSC and don't quite get the hate... I understand that people don't like it, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be :$

Yeah, that's part of the reason for my pessimism - don't want to get my hopes up! If I go expecting essentially the same set I got in March then I can't be disappointed :awesome::D

All of this.....exactly what I though :ninja:

:D

I also like Guiding Light. Call me old-fashioned, but it reminds me of the 80s plus it adds a bit of variety to their repertoire. That's why I love this band-they aren't afraid to shake things up a bit and bridge genres.

They can't please everybody, which is why the setlist polls won't ever work. They are just guaranteed to get flack for it so why bother? Given how much work goes into the setlists (it's not just the music, it's the whole spectacle--lights, graphics, effects) I can understand how it's not cost effective to customize their shows according to an internet poll.

Honestly--I am just glad they tour as much as they do. I would drop dead of exhaustion with all those gigs let alone worrying about setlist changes in between.

My 2 cents. That said--if there was a poll for the US tour--I would totally vote. :p

Setlist polls or not, it's not going to change their stance on what they feel they should be playing in America, sadly. I am ticketless and with no plans on seeing any shows this time around, but if by some marvel they really pull a fast one and start playing something different I'll keep Cleveland (edit: or Columbus being that they're not even playing Cleveland) in mind.

I also like Guiding Light. Call me old-fashioned, but it reminds me of the 80s plus it adds a bit of variety to their repertoire. That's why I love this band-they aren't afraid to shake things up a bit and bridge genres.

They can't please everybody, which is why the setlist polls won't ever work. They are just guaranteed to get flack for it so why bother? Given how much work goes into the setlists (it's not just the music, it's the whole spectacle--lights, graphics, effects) I can understand how it's not cost effective to customize their shows according to an internet poll.

Honestly--I am just glad they tour as much as they do. I would drop dead of exhaustion with all those gigs let alone worrying about setlist changes in between.

My 2 cents. That said--if there was a poll for the US tour--I would totally vote. :p

>Setlist

>work

Lol'd

It doesn't take much to put a setlist change in. All you need is some lights going off here and there and shots of the band on the screen/towers and you're done. All MKU is a red light. They could easily bring out TSP and throw random light changes and the only work needed would be from Kirk and the band playing it.

What people forget about the setlist polls is that it doesn't feel like it worked because everyone voted for Citizen Erased, Bliss and various other songs that they already play.

Archived