songs you will not have heard of b4!!!!

a-loonatic

I recently posted this on muselive:

As you may already know, a rare Muse demo tape has been put on sale on eBay (here). The tape features 11 tracks of demos, including four previously unheard songs. We, several members of muselive and other sites, would like your help in obtaining the tape so that we can share it with all Muse fans.

If we are successful in obtaining the tape, a high quality digital copy will be made and uploaded here on muselive. We will then resell the tape and will give back a much of your donated money as possible. If any profit is made from the resell, we will in turn donate it to muselive, musewiki, and to charity. If you are a collector, we kindly as you to wait for the resell to bid on this item, in order to better enable us to get temporarily obtain the tape before we relist it on eBay.

Your donation will be entrusted to me via paypal until the end of the auction, when we will bid on the tape. A full record of all donations will be kept and later publicised in addition to the one automatically kept by paypal, so please feel safe in donating (or ask for a character reference)! We're recommending a donation of £10 (10 GBP) each, but of course any amount is welcome. To view the original discussion and hear samples from the tape, see here.

To donate, simply send your money from paypal (free account required) as "Services/Other". The address to send it to is nialltg@hotmail.com.

The seller has refused to upload full copies of the tape, so we, the fans, must take action! Please help us in our bid to obtain this unique piece of Muse history for all Muse fans before it disappears forever!

I recently posted this on muselive:

As you may already know, a rare Muse demo tape has been put on sale on eBay (here). The tape features 11 tracks of demos, including four previously unheard songs. We, several members of muselive and other sites, would like your help in obtaining the tape so that we can share it with all Muse fans.

If we are successful in obtaining the tape, a high quality digital copy will be made and uploaded here on muselive. We will then resell the tape and will give back a much of your donated money as possible. If any profit is made from the resell, we will in turn donate it to muselive, musewiki, and to charity. If you are a collector, we kindly as you to wait for the resell to bid on this item, in order to better enable us to get temporarily obtain the tape before we relist it on eBay.

Your donation will be entrusted to me via paypal until the end of the auction, when we will bid on the tape. A full record of all donations will be kept and later publicised in addition to the one automatically kept by paypal, so please feel safe in donating (or ask for a character reference)! We're recommending a donation of £10 (10 GBP) each, but of course any amount is welcome. To view the original discussion and hear samples from the tape, see here.

To donate, simply send your money from paypal (free account required) as "Services/Other". The address to send it to is nialltg@hotmail.com.

The seller has refused to upload full copies of the tape, so we, the fans, must take action! Please help us in our bid to obtain this unique piece of Muse history for all Muse fans before it disappears forever!

Nice one mate!! I think i will be donating a generous amount to the cause.

I take it that we will get the money back if we dont win???:LOL::LOL:

But anyway, FTW!:D

Well for one that would be illegal I expect. I can't make proper digital copies myself so what would I do with the tape apart from endlessly copy it from one cassette to another and listen to in myself on a tape recorded? I'm quite a high profile muse fan, people know me from here, muselive, and musewiki, and I contribute daily there. And Crazy_bob trusted me enough to give me sysops powers on Musewiki. I would basically have to exile myself from the muse community. I'm donating huge amounts of money myself that I can't really afford, but it's okay because we're reselling it. And my address of actually on the internet so anyone can track me down me and stalk me up! and I'd have to avoid Muse gigs in future incase anyone recognised me. Paypal basically insures you so that you don't loose your money through fraudulent activity anyway.

Enough reasons?

Well for one that would be illegal I expect. I can't make proper digital copies myself so what would I do with the tape apart from endlessly copy it from one cassette to another and listen to in myself on a tape recorded? I'm quite a high profile muse fan, people know me from here, muselive, and musewiki, and I contribute daily there. And Crazy_bob trusted me enough to give me sysops powers on Musewiki. I would basically have to exile myself from the muse community. I'm donating huge amounts of money myself that I can't really afford, but it's okay because we're reselling it. And my address of actually on the internet so anyone can track me down me and stalk me up! and I'd have to avoid Muse gigs in future incase anyone recognised me. Paypal basically insures you so that you don't loose your money through fraudulent activity anyway.

Enough reasons?

enough reasons?? Yes :LOL::LOL:

Ill try and send some money in the next couple of days..£70 sound good?

Why not upload samples of ALL the songs on the demo tape?! :mad:

Still, I'm glad we finally have something lol :)

on muselive there is a donation campaign to raise enough money to buy the tape as it has gone on sale on Ebay. The muse fans who win are going to release teh full versions.

Full track listing of the tape is as below with links to the samples. ;)

Muse Demo Tape Nov 1996 - Jan 1997

1. Falling with the crowd http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2597937140.html

2. Agitated

3. Coma http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2597936803.html

4. Balloonatic

5. Forameus http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2597935228.html

6. Boredom http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2327098946.html

7. Crazy days http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2327099490.html

8. Soberhttp://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2327100854.html

9. Jimmy Kane

10. Rain

11. Ashamed http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2597659470.html

:eek: Ohhh, cheers for that mate :D

Why not upload samples of ALL the songs on the demo tape?! :mad:

Still, I'm glad we finally have something lol :)

I totally agree with that! I'd have quite liked to hear Jimmy Kane actually! And Rain obviously!

The guy said he'd release a sample of Rain! Could we still get one?

on muselive there is a donation campaign to raise enough money to buy the tape as it has gone on sale on Ebay. The muse fans who win are going to release teh full versions.

Yeah! I hope someone from the board really does get it so they can genuinly release it!

Archived