songs you will not have heard of b4!!!!

a-loonatic

You did more than just taste it. Didn't you... :erm::(

Aha. The tape smells old. I really want to play it...but the fear of it exploding or something is too much!

I'll be sending off to Texas in a few days so it may well never return to this country!

They were awesome back then but not in the same way they are now, a different kind of awesomeness which describes fresh new bands. :D Actually sorry it was 1997, not 1998.

Are you absolutely sure this was from 1997 and not 1998? The "this next song is on our CD" would fit nicely. If not, there must be another demo out there somewhere, made shortly after the Newton Abbot one.

An alternative thought, was the demo from 1997 and the concert from 1998? If the concert is on one side of the tape and the demo on the other, that seems at least plausible.

Although the old muse-official.com gig database did not have Soundwaves 1998 listed (I can tell by the fact musewiki's archived gig database from before the crash doesn't list it), there is precedent that that database is incomplete by at least two facts:

*One, that 1998 tour dates listed by an article you sent with the tape were not listed on the official database and secondly;

*This Railway Inn gig wasn't listed there (I seem to recall you saying you went to this concert[?])

Are you absolutely sure this was from 1997 and not 1998? The "this next song is on our CD" would fit nicely. If not, there must be another demo out there somewhere, made shortly after the Newton Abbot one.

An alternative thought, was the demo from 1997 and the concert from 1998? If the concert is on one side of the tape and the demo on the other, that seems at least plausible.

There is another demo out there. I dunno when it was made, though.

How do you know?

Is it unrealistic to assume Muse knew what songs they would include on their upcoming release beforehand? The EP was released in May but was actually finished by February 1998.

This article implies the EP was recorded around December 1997. Even so, the band knowing what they would include on it is a bit of a stretch.

Comparing the demo versions on the tape to the versions in the gig should tell us which came first at least.

How do you know?

Is it unrealistic to assume Muse knew what songs they would include on their upcoming release beforehand? The EP was released in May but was actually finished by February 1998.

This article implies the EP was recorded around December 1997. Even so, the band knowing what they would include on it is a bit of a stretch.

Comparing the demo versions on the tape to the versions in the gig should tell us which came first at least.

I find it unlikely that the band would announce, in the present tense no less, that a song is on a CD that wasn't to be released for another 3/4 of a year.

It's very likely the full song will be available to download late Sunday evening/early Monday morning on Muselive on the 11th May.

The tape is going back on eBay today, so any potential buyers, get bidding soon!

It's very likely the full song will be available to download late Sunday evening/early Monday morning on Muselive on the 11th May.

The tape is going back on eBay today, so any potential buyers, get bidding soon!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

*breathe*

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

Archived