This is true. But I understand what Lupus is saying. It's not exactly helpful to use the word "gay" to mean something negative as it may back up, by association, existing negative attitudes towards gay people, whether or not the person using it, in that way, has those attitudes.

As far as I know the word "gay" was always meant to mean something positive, "happy" originally and then, when taken on by gay rights campaigners: "good as you".

Exact ditto. Half the people don't mean to offend homosexuals, but I suppose you have to put yourself in those peoples shoes, and imagine hearing that every time, and thinking of yourself, and then what that person was talking about. Yeah, hearing it every day would be quite a beating.

My first (real) LOL:

roflbot.jpg

:LOL:

Oh! This made me think of Kasabian's awesome video for Fire

Guitar Guns!

Exact ditto. Half the people don't mean to offend homosexuals, but I suppose you have to put yourself in those peoples shoes, and imagine hearing that every time, and thinking of yourself, and then what that person was talking about. Yeah, hearing it every day would be quite a beating.

I have done that every day for the past 5 years or so, and I can honestly say that it doesn't hurt me one bit.

If it does, then you are probably a very unstable person.

I have done that every day for the past 5 years or so, and I can honestly say that it doesn't hurt me one bit.

If it does, then you are probably a very unstable person.

It's usually the people who don't belong in the 'offended group' that are most offended. Like when comedians make jokes about disabled people, the people with a disability are laughing the hardest whereas non-disabled people feel they should be offended on the behalf of :LOL:

It's usually the people who don't belong in the 'offended group' that are most offended. Like when comedians make jokes about disabled people, the people with a disability are laughing the hardest whereas non-disabled people feel they should be offended on the behalf of :LOL:

Indeed. People are so gay about it these days. MAN UP.

Oh! This made me think of Kasabian's awesome video for Fire

Guitar Guns!

YAY! Kasabian! i love the guitar-guns in their video :D:D:D fire has to be one of my faves since i saw them live last summer :happy:

anyways, muse have met kasabian (i have the photo on my laptop but i can't post it up here - for some reason- which is annoying) two awesome rock bands in the same photo! :D

Use as the word gay as stupid is offensive. And I am gay. Stop it or you will be infracted to an extent that will result in a temporary ban.

This is why people shouldn't speak for others.

YAY! Kasabian! i love the guitar-guns in their video :D:D:D fire has to be one of my faves since i saw them live last summer :happy:

anyways, muse have met kasabian (i have the photo on my laptop but i can't post it up here - for some reason- which is annoying) two awesome rock bands in the same photo! :D

Aww damn, I'd like to see that! I'm sure at some point they did meet each other... kinda had to have happened :) Kasabian is awesome, but sometimes you have do admit, Tom can be a bit of a dick, but anyway! If you ever do get it working, post it cause I'd love it! Glad to see another fan here :)

Why dont we post LOLZ?

Anyway, who cares if someone is gay? It's their choice. Why can't we just respect ppl?:happy:

Its not a choice to be gay, but yes, respect would be nice.

Aww damn, I'd like to see that! I'm sure at some point they did meet each other... kinda had to have happened :) Kasabian is awesome, but sometimes you have do admit, Tom can be a bit of a dick, but anyway! If you ever do get it working, post it cause I'd love it! Glad to see another fan here :)

yes i'm glad there's other fans as well! :happy:

and tom can be (offending people esp. celebs :rolleyes:) lol!

and i will post it up if i can :happy:

I hate those hats with a goddamn passion. :noey:

i think a vast many do as well (including myself); apart from those buying them! :D its part of the fun, though, of royal events (especially) to point and laugh at the ridiculous (in both fashion sense and most probably price) hats of the aristocracy!

:noey: why they wear them eludes me completely - you'll never see me alive in one of those things .....:stunned:

....and i hope i never see Muse wearing any of them either! :stunned:

Archived