This is muse lolz, she isnt in muse.

That's a bogus rationale; we conscript literally hundreds of non-Muse people into lolzes, ranging from bystanders in the background and fans posing with the band, to Stephenie Meyer, actors playing Dr. Who, and the Obamas, to name but a few, and it's never been an issue before. If the real reason is because it might hurt Matt's or Kate's feelings or because the subject is personal, just say so. I suppose that would be reasonable enough (despite some misgivings, below) and we'd have to tow that line, but the powers that be might take a bit of ribbing over it.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but since she's dating Matt and she's not someone who's just a normal girlfriend in his personal life, I say she's fair game for us Lolzers. Though I don't speak for everyone.

Bingo. Kate's no mere "civilian" in the fame game; she grew up in Hollywood and has been a tabloid fixture for about as long as Muse has had a recording contract. Plus there's bound to be some added interest (as well as hostility, at least initially) because it appears that the admittedly unplanned pregnancy could well have been an act of entrapment on her part (although we'll never know, one way or the other). You can't be surprised that Muse fans might be feeling a tad p.o.'d on Matt's behalf, however baseless our suspicions and resentments may be, and in spite of Kate's publicist's or friend's (whoever it was who broke the story to the press) portraying the situation in warm & fuzzy terms.

Archived