Everybody repeat after me:

THE METHOD'S REVELATION, MUDDLED WITH A HEALTHY DOSE OF DISINFORMATION

Hooray for resurrecting the dead :rolleyes::stunned:

Though bringing this thread up again meant I got to laugh again at the Maddox Titanic Theory (metal is stronger than ice, haha.... obviously they think a tonne of feathers weighs less than a tonne of bricks...):LOL::LOL::LOL:

• 1 year later...

Hmmm. I think that many conspiracy theories are in fact true, but you must research it if you wish to believe it. Many people may not take it seriously because the issues at hand seem to surreal and eccentric, to what the average citizen may be influenced by. :) I'm only 16, so i might not understand the world as well as others of you reading, but i greatly admire the band's approach towards globalisation, the new world order, supreme societies i.e the Illuminati, Rockafella? e.t.c and other related issues. I think many people might block out suggestions too irregular to oppose their daily life, which commonly consists of the same schedule, day in day out. :) I respect the fact many people wish to continue that life because it is satisfying enough to live with, but i think we should also respect other people's opinions and listen to it in detail, especially when it concerns ideology that opposes media and government 'stuff'. :) So take an hour sometime to research the idea behind some of the new music (The Resistance of course :p)? I know that i thouroughly enjoy 'hunting' the net for this kinda stuff and i know a lot of you would too :). Muse + conspiracy = Interesting :LOL:

• 11 months later...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I honestly don't get how those of you consider yourself Muse fans and yet fundamentally misunderstand the nature of the theories explored in the bands lyrics. The fact that some of you can ridicule the notion of an institutionalized Orwellian oppression and tyranny is indicative of how little you understand the essence of band's recent albums.

Oligarchies, despots, the elite and other such social stratifications exist in this sick world we live in today. We are being mentally and spiritually retarded through religion, the education system and the food and pharmaceutical industries. Land is being privatized, civil liberties are being eroded and our last vestiges of freedom are by now, almost a thing of fiction.

How much more moronic, uneducated and uncaring can you idiots be? About 30,000 children die every day from starvation and preventable diseases BY DESIGN, NOT NEGLIGENCE! The illusory western world is being de-industrialized and middle classes are being erased as we're reduced to the status of third world countries through intergenerational debt at the hands of globally centralized financial institutions such as the IMF.

How dumb do you have to be to not be able comprehend the medical ramifications of fluoridated water, toxic vaccines and foods?

For those of sneering at the conspiracy theorists, as wrong as they might sometimes get it with the more radical theories (lizards, abductions etc,), they're still closer to the truth than your apathetic, socially irresponsible and intellectually lazy minds. At least they're asking questions. Any cynic can point a finger and sneer. I'd sooner respect the person who tries and fails again and again than the coward who points the finger and laughs without ever attempting to make the requisite intellectual leap.

I've been a solid fan since Origin of Symmetry but I'm ashamed to be a part of the same collective as some of the asinine posters on this board who fail to understand why Muse and geopolitical conspiracy theories go hand and hand whether they can wrap their feeble lobotomized brains around it or not.

With me, I like the idea behind conspiracy theories, but I usually don't believe in most of the actual theories. It's cool to open your mind to things that seem totally ridiculous, but you've got to realize that if you open your mind too widely, your brains will fall out.

Muse don't actually believe in the things they write about, Bellamy has said it fascinates him and he likes to try and understand the mindset that conspiracy theorists have.

Uhm....some of them sure. But a lot of what the Resistance album was about, including the themes from 1984, they really do believe them and they are true. Especially in Europe where many cities are just filled with cameras like London. Or here in the US where states are starting to make the formation of unions illegal. We really are being forced to fight each other in class and culture wars so as to be distracted to what our governments are really trying to do. Everything can be taken too far, but don't be the people that disbelieve every conspiracy theory they hear. There's truth in all of it. Never follow blindly.

It kind of gets annoying when people will go around calling everyone sheep and then telling them to blindly follow everything Alex Jones says. If everything is one giant plot against us how does he even exist? Maybe the theories are made up to throw people off from the real truth... this could go on forever.

In the end I do believe that there are secrets kept from us, and that the ones in power will exploit and keep the people under control. But that's been happening throughout history, so it's not some secret truth.

Uhm....some of them sure. But a lot of what the Resistance album was about, including the themes from 1984, they really do believe them and they are true. Especially in Europe where many cities are just filled with cameras like London. Or here in the US where states are starting to make the formation of unions illegal. We really are being forced to fight each other in class and culture wars so as to be distracted to what our governments are really trying to do. Everything can be taken too far, but don't be the people that disbelieve every conspiracy theory they hear. There's truth in all of it. Never follow blindly.

You mean like the ambiguously-written Uprising? A song that could be construed as being about any person's struggle against any kind of opposition?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/muammar-gaddafi-pledges-we-will-be-victorious/

Muse might have some kind of obsession with conspiracy theories, but let me tell you a little about conspiracy theories and theorists in general. They are almost always opposed to a Government or something that Government has done, and 90% of the time they don't have any actual evidence to back up their claims. That's why they always say "Research it yourself" or link to youtube videos of Alex Jones, or Zeitgeist, or things like that. And then when people question their theories, they say "Fine, be sheeple, follow your Government" etc.

For once, I want to see a respected scientist put out a proper study in a published journal that backs up claims conspiracy theorists make. I want to be able to ask questions of that scientist and have them answered in a proper and logical manner. I'm not going to believe in stuff just because some band sings songs about some bunch of crap.

Your last sentence "Never follow blindly". I think you mean "Never ask us questions, just believe us when we say there's a conspiracy at work". Because I've never seen any shred of evidence yet to suggest any conspiracy theory could be true.

No I didn't say believe me. And there really is evidence to support a lot of conspiracy theories. Not saying that makes the conspiracies real but it makes them possible. And if a scientist did come out and say here's some evidence, which they have done in the case of the Kennedy assassination, wouldn't it just still be conspiracy theories?

No I didn't say believe me. And there really is evidence to support a lot of conspiracy theories. Not saying that makes the conspiracies real but it makes them possible. And if a scientist did come out and say here's some evidence, which they have done in the case of the Kennedy assassination, wouldn't it just still be conspiracy theories?

Evidence to support the possibility that some of their claims are correct. I think everyone is aware that it is POSSIBLE, but is it likely? There is no need to start investigating the theories when no one can point to a single solid fact that they exist.

The other thing about conspiracy theorists is that they like to pick and choose which evidence suits their theory, and ignore the other evidence disproving it. Big case in point is the theory that thermite was used to weaken the supports of the WTC towers. The conspiracy theorists often refer to a photo taken after the attack that shows a pillar with a clean diagonal cut in it as evidence that thermite was used. But when you challenge them with the fact that thermite causes a very messy reaction and is impossible to control to that extent they still choose to ignore that. Most evidence that theorists use will support their case when it's taken out of context, but put it back in context and it generally disproves a conspiracy.

There is always far more evidence disproving a conspiracy than there is supporting one. Conspiracy theorists will also always use that as their proof that things have been covered up.

I completely agree. Which is why one really has to take a stand to either believe or disbelieve in a theory. I personally believe the WTC was allowed to happen by our government. You're right about the thermite. It's impossible to control. If there's evidence supporting a theory and evidence in support of it being false then you just have to make a choice. In the end I feel the same about conspiracy theories as Matt does. They fascinate me. I don't believe in all of them but they are really cool to talk about. Read The Illuminatus! Trilogy if you like conspiracy theories. Great book.

I completely agree. Which is why one really has to take a stand to either believe or disbelieve in a theory. I personally believe the WTC was allowed to happen by our government. You're right about the thermite. It's impossible to control. If there's evidence supporting a theory and evidence in support of it being false then you just have to make a choice. In the end I feel the same about conspiracy theories as Matt does. They fascinate me. I don't believe in all of them but they are really cool to talk about. Read The Illuminatus! Trilogy if you like conspiracy theories. Great book.

The only thing I like about conspiracy theories is challenging the people who believe in them. I prefer proof, which is why 99.9% of conspiracy theories fail my tests.

On the subject of 11/9, I would guess that the intelligence agencies knew that there were plans of some kind, but did not have the specifics. The terrorists struck before the intelligence bureaux could work out what was being planned. If that amounts to the attacks being "allowed" to happen then there's something wrong with the way theorists are thinking about things. That tardiness to act was why we ended up in Iraq without hard evidence of any WMDs, the US didn't want to get caught out again and went in blind. That's my understanding of the events.

I put more weight in negligence of the intelligence bureaux than in conspiracy for war theories.

I love how it's usually the conspiracy theorists who tell us to 'open our minds' when they believe in something so fervently, it doesn't matter how much contrary evidence you put before them, they refuse to even acknowledge it :LOL:/:facepalm:.

There were also drills being run in case of the event of planes being hijacked weeks prior to the attack.

Conclusive evidence :eek: they MUST have known it was going to happen if they were doing counter-terrorism drills :eek:

Governments run all kinds of counter-terrorism "war games" all the time. I wouldn't hold that one up as more than coincidence.

No but if they were running drills and there was evidence that this might happen, why not heir on the side of caution?

You could say the same about any terrorist attack though, there's information out there about them all but it still wasn't possible to stop them.

The main failing over 11/9 was the communication between the President and his team, and the FBI/CIA/NSA. High levels of incompetence led to the failure to prevent 11/9, not conspiracy. Same as high levels of incompetence led to the failings in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina at New Orleans.

There's always incompetence. 9/11 is a tricky conspiracy theory. It really is a theory that has about equal evidence supporting and disproving it. :LOL: I love to talk about it though.

Well I'm going to stop talking about it, because otherwise we'll end up attracting more conspiracy theorists to the board, and nobody wants that :LOL:

There's always incompetence. 9/11 is a tricky conspiracy theory. It really is a theory that has about equal evidence supporting and disproving it. :LOL: I love to talk about it though.

Not even close. Actually most of the supporting evidence has been proven false.

Proven false by who?

By anyone who has actual knowledge in the subject, and anyone who is looking at the bigger picture instead of, like Chizzle said, taking things out of context.

Show me the evidence that hasn't already been proven wrong so many times.

And also, how the hell do you count the amount of evidence against it? Of course there will be more evidence for the theory, since everyone is so desperate for a government conspiracy. It's a lot harder to say "this is why it couldn't have been a conspiracy" than it is to say "this fact, taken out of context, points to the possibility of a conspiracy."

I'm sorry but that isn't an answer. All I've done so far is talk about how no of this is necessarily true, but I believe some of it is. And so far I've had to ignore several posts that basically insult my intelligence. The biggest piece of evidence for me that I have seen for myself was this: CNN had an anniversary 9/11 thing last year. I watched it. They talk about how the flaming jet fuel went down all the elevator shafts and exploded out on the ground floor. The same jet fuel that melted steel support beams. And yet they supposedly rescued people from the elevators not an hour later. That my friends...is bullshit.

Archived