Matt's Vocal Range

SlightlyMad

Exactly what are his highest and lowest notes? I did a search of the boards here and didn't find anything, and this one place on the web I found says his highest note is an A, which is no help, since there was no mention of what octave this A is in (although its safe to say its rather high up), or how many octaves his range covers. So does anyone know? :D

I remember he mentions in an interview with Zane Lowe somewhere that his highest note is A Sharp.. I'm guessing thats the highest on the piano :stunned: I dunnu

yeah, I think that either A sharp or B is the highest note in each octave on the piano. Not exactly sure though...:stunned:

Exactly what are his highest and lowest notes? I did a search of the boards here and didn't find anything, and this one place on the web I found says his highest note is an A, which is no help, since there was no mention of what octave this A is in (although its safe to say its rather high up), or how many octaves his range covers. So does anyone know? :D

I was going to do a post about this, I watched a vid on youtube of them doing supermassive black hole on friday night with Jonathan Ross and his voice was pretty much like a girl in that preformence.

oh I just wanted to know which preformance Matt's voice was the highest in...

I remember he mentions in an interview with Zane Lowe somewhere that his highest note is A Sharp.. I'm guessing thats the highest on the piano :stunned: I dunnu

oh my god lmao

yeah 'cause there's only eight A sharps on a piano

I believe the highest recorded note is an A (that's A5, or the A above the A above middle C), either in Microcuts or Showbiz. There's a note in Muscle Museum which could be the C above that, although it might just be guitar, I can't honestly remember. Don't trust me on either of those comments, it's been years since I've thought about it

The highest note I've heard him sing live is the A sharp, and I'm certain about that because I distinctly remember going spastic about it at the time

EDIT: Nobody cares about the lowest note, by the way. Nobody knows, and nobody cares

I believe the highest recorded note is an A (that's A5, or the A above the A above middle C), either in Microcuts or Showbiz. There's a note in Muscle Museum which could be the C above that, although it might just be guitar, I can't honestly remember. Don't trust me on either of those comments, it's been years since I've thought about it

The highest note I've heard him sing live is the A sharp, and I'm certain about that because I distinctly remember going spastic about it at the time

EDIT: Nobody cares about the lowest note, by the way. Nobody knows, and nobody cares

I thought Middle C was C5, so surely the A above would be A6, although I'm not entirely sure and this is irrelevant.

We should probably make some distinction between Matt's normal singing range, and when he uses falsetto.

His highest sung note is when he sometimes sings the high A (i think that's A6 on the piano scale) at the end of Butterflies & Hurricanes live...

His lowest notes may be on spiral static...which may well be an A3..i think.

The most impressive high-note that he has ever sung for me is on the 'break' section on Microcuts where he hits a G6 from nothing...i mean from not going up the scale with his voice....

The most impressive high-note that he has ever sung for me is on the 'break' section on Microcuts where he hits a G6 from nothing...i mean from not going up the scale with his voice....

That's what I find most impressive when he blasts them out from nowhere, v.cool :cool:

Well Matt's range is amazing, butwat knd of vocal training did he have to get such a large range ?? :stunned:

...because I would love to be able to sing, but 2 be able to sing like Matt would be awesome !! :yesey:

I think it's mostly just natural. Some people are just born better singers than others. I don't think Bellamy has had much training...

oh my god lmao

yeah 'cause there's only eight A sharps on a piano

Oh really I've never noticed :indiff:

I meant I take it he meant the highest A sharp on the piano.. he explained it but it was an old interview the one from 2003

Archived