Throughout my many listens to The Resistance and Neutron Star Collision i have come to the conclusion that the only reason i can't appreciate their latest music (still love it) as much as their older music is that i keep comparing them.

If The Resistance or NSC was the only stuff from Muse i had ever heard i just know i would never have any doubts about it and fall in love immediately. But since i know older Muse, when i listen to new stuff i always have a moment when i think how much better it would be if it had Matt's range or the dark atmosphere from Absolution for example. I can't help it :(

I'm beginning to wonder if Muse will ever produce such passionate music again. I mean as amazing as their latest album was, their old style was so original, deep, powerful and perfect. Why are they moving away from that? When they perform live songs like PIB and SS they just dominate and they rock with such passion. Surely they wan't to go back to their roots? Please Muse, one more rock album and i'll be satisfied.

Anyway is there anyone else who feels the same way?

Muse isn't stopping you from liking them, you are.

Oh don't get me wrong i actually love their new stuff, but i've always had to warm into it rather than be just blown away. I may have exaggerated abit in my descripition :p

Part of me is just begging for some rock and if it doesn't come back i will be definately dissapointed, that's all i'm saying :)

I wasn't having a go at Muse

the only and i mean only thing i have ever complained about muse is the nsc video. why would matt let that happen, i mean, i'd rather see muse mime without doing anything funny rather than see that palish white twat all over someone in a muse video.

the only and i mean only thing i have ever complained about muse is the nsc video. why would matt let that happen, i mean, i'd rather see muse mime without doing anything funny rather than see that palish white twat all over someone in a muse video.

Somewhat agree.

Why would Matt let that happen?

First of all, all the music videos for movie soundtracks have scenes from the movie on it, why this one was going to be any different? If you don't like the movie, fair enough, but don't cry for something that is the NORMAL thing to do, get over it.

And secondly, Matt is not Muse, he's not the only one who make decisions there.

First of all, all the music videos for movie soundtracks have scenes from the movie on it, why this one was going to be any different? If you don't like the movie, fair enough, but don't cry for something that is the NORMAL thing to do, get over it.

He wrote the song and he chooses the setlists....most of the time chris and dom get the songwriter credit just because....and because that's why Oasis had to replace band members...and many other bands.

What pisses me off with that music video is that the Twilight clips are slightly letterboxed while the clips with the band playing fill the whole screen. It's just lazy video editing.

bEcAuSe MaTt Is GoD tEeHeEhEe

Yeah, I mean there's a palish white twat in all the other Muse videos /instant rim shot :awesome:

says: ooooooooooooh dang ! *like a high pitched black man*

I'm beginning to wonder if Muse will ever produce such passionate music again.

Sure they will, Queen got back to their roots in the end too and it seems like Muse has decided to closely follow their career :LOL:

You also have to take into consideration their lives. Matt was influenced by his mother's "beliefs" and practice with contacting the dead. That aside, you also have to realize that it was a rough time for Muse when they first started. Young teens trying to make it big in a small town where not many people were there to support and encourage them. (especially the mayor. :D) I don't know the experience, but I can't imagine it being promising for a new band of youngsters. They were reckless, they were out to have fun and make music, and they were reckless. :)

That aside, it's been ten years and they are constantly growing and changing. With them changing, so does the music.

Follow your heart. Just don't say you dislike their stuff, or you'll die. :mad:;)

for example. say you like a film. and the sequel is better. then the third sucks. then the fourth. and then the fifth comes out and it has all these silly jokes and cheesy dialogue.

it's not you choosing not to like it. the films now suck.

matt has continued to write lesser songs, whilst balancing them out with a few good tracks every album.

it's no longer us getting an album with 2-3 bad songs, it's us getting albums with 2-3 good songs.

for example. say you like a film. and the sequel is better. then the third sucks. then the fourth. and then the fifth comes out and it has all these silly jokes and cheesy dialogue.

it's not you choosing not to like it. the films now suck.

matt has continued to write lesser songs, whilst balancing them out with a few good tracks every album.

it's no longer us getting an album with 2-3 bad songs, it's us getting albums with 2-3 good songs.

+9999999

Sorry if anyone misunderstood but i wasn't trying to put down Muse with the title of this thread :(

I love Muse and i give each song equal chance of me liking it so please give me a brake.

The only way i could stop myself from liking their new songs is listening to them with a negative approach. I embrace all their music and the way i feel about it is the way Muse MAKE me feel about it and my feelings are my own.

Thank you...

Archived