Muse couldn't get into the angsty/confused teenager/youngster vibe anymore if they tried so we won't get another Showbiz or OoS no matter how hard some of us complained. It wouldn't be natural for the trio. They're grown ups now and they make music from a different point of view these days. And thus it's easier for them to write about more mature themes, like relationships. They see that from a whole different point of view these days.

Muse can't help different tastes of music of their fans, so no, it's not them stopping some of the fans liking them. It's the fans themselves who are stuck in their youngster years when the band themselves have moved on.

Sorry if anyone misunderstood but i wasn't trying to put down Muse with the title of this thread :(

I love Muse and i give each song equal chance of me liking it so please give me a brake.

The only way i could stop myself from liking their new songs is listening to them with a negative approach. I embrace all their music and the way i feel about it is the way Muse MAKE me feel about it and my feelings are my own.

Thank you...

for whatever its worth, i think i see what you mean :)

its just hard to express stuff in writing sometimes, and have people understand where youre really comming from with what you are saying,without the aide of a tone of voice :)

(trust me, i know ;) )

honestly, i dont really know what to answer to your question, though.

in ways i change my mind about it regulary.

but sometimes i feel that them being so great to begin with make me have higher and different expectations to them than i would a band that were just 'ok' to begin with :)

I see what you mean. If some people on here just took one moment to actually consider the meaning of this guy's post... :rolleyes:

I think I agree with you... almost. OoS and Absolution really captured the zeitgeist of the band, that's why they both sound so perfect. It came pretty much naturally, due to the combination of their younger age, recklessness etc. Now, they're actually trying to make great music, instead of just shitting it out. :LOL: I still rank The Resistance nearly as high as OoS and Abso, however. So in a way, I don't feel as if their earlier work casts too big a shadow on what they're currently capable of, even though it is a rather large one. :happy:

I wonder, when Muse make their next 6th or 7th album, will we have fans complaining that it sounds too different from BHAR?

I won't for sure. Unless they really do become bad. It would be a bad day for Muse when I start preferring BHaR...

It's actually does, Muse is a singular entity

Muse are three people. They are a band. Band is a collective noun for musicians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_%28band%29 Begins with the sentence "Muse are".

I see what you mean. If some people on here just took one moment to actually consider the meaning of this guy's post... :rolleyes:

I also believe people have reacted rather ignorantly to this post.

I get this and understand it. You liked their old stuff, and now their new stuff isn't really as good, but you really want to like their music because it's got bits and pieces of what you love, and you feel very loyal to the band since you loved their old stuff so much.

I think it's alright to have preferences, it's what being a fan is all about. If you're on this forum posting about this actually, regardless of whether you like their latest album, it is something of a display of loyalty. Go and find new music to get addicted to. Just stop by and check on Muse every once and a while. They're still quite good, you know.

why do people assume that by going back to their OoS/Absolution SOUND, it's inevitably meaning they'll go back to their angsty/whining LYRICS.

those are separate. plenty of bands still have crazy awesome loud riff-tastic songs that don't contain bitching about girls. Like MUSE.

Muse have proven to be more than capable of writing loud sounds that have cool lyrics; MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Glorious (sort of), Uprising, Assassin, Exo-Poltics, Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia.

why do people assume that by going back to their OoS/Absolution SOUND, it's inevitably meaning they'll go back to their angsty/whining LYRICS.

those are separate. plenty of bands still have crazy awesome loud riff-tastic songs that don't contain bitching about girls. Like MUSE.

Muse have proven to be more than capable of writing loud sounds that have cool lyrics; MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Glorious (sort of), Uprising, Assassin, Exo-Poltics, Map of the Problematique, Knights of Cydonia.

Arcade Fire make me dislike muse you know.

Just because they are devoted to the music and come up with newer stuff not the same themes over and over which lose their flavour after 2 albums nevermind 3 or 4 :LOL:

Ehm, Arcade Fire only have 2 albums...

How so?

Just because they are devoted to the music and come up with newer stuff not the same themes over and over which lose their flavour after 2 albums

How can you know that if they've only released two?

Well, they've put out over 2 albums. Not 3, but not just 2.

I think you're picking out a small detail for the way I feel about m00z in relation to another band, that is what I think is pointless.

You're back then.

for example. say you like a film. and the sequel is better. then the third sucks. then the fourth. and then the fifth comes out and it has all these silly jokes and cheesy dialogue.

it's not you choosing not to like it. the films now suck.

matt has continued to write lesser songs, whilst balancing them out with a few good tracks every album.

it's no longer us getting an album with 2-3 bad songs, it's us getting albums with 2-3 good songs.

No way, you just have to listen to the new songs a little more. When you reach the several hundred times you will like them. Maybe it's because then you will forget about how bad the lyrics are. Like when you repeat the same word 10 times in a word, there will be no meaning left in them. Although it's not like there was much in the first place, apart from the Twilight teenager love stuff, isn't the new video so cool?. But that won't mean you are forcing yourself to like it! ;)

They're grown ups now and they make music from a different point of view these days. [...] They see that from a whole different point of view these days.

Yeah, from a money point of view.

And thus it's easier for them to write about more mature themes, like relationships.

I don't know, but if I listen let's say to Showbiz, Megalomania or Citizen erased and then to (wait for the title...) Neutron Freaking Star Collision (Love is Forever), I wouldn't say they got more mature. But maybe that's me :(

I don't know, but if I listen let's say to Showbiz, Megalomania or Citizen erased and then to (wait for the title...) Neutron Freaking Star Collision (Love is Forever), I wouldn't say they got more mature. But maybe that's me :(

This

Muse couldn't get into the angsty/confused teenager/youngster vibe anymore if they tried so we won't get another Showbiz or OoS no matter how hard some of us complained. It wouldn't be natural for the trio. They're grown ups now and they make music from a different point of view these days. And thus it's easier for them to write about more mature themes, like relationships. They see that from a whole different point of view these days.

Muse can't help different tastes of music of their fans, so no, it's not them stopping some of the fans liking them. It's the fans themselves who are stuck in their youngster years when the band themselves have moved on.

Yes, everything can be explained by "moving on".

I mean, it's so innovative and cool!

Muse are such grown ups now, making music about mature themes, like, love! Love is a very mature theme.

There it is^

Yes, everything can be explained by "moving on".

I mean, it's so innovative and cool!

Muse are such grown ups now, making music about mature themes, like, love! Love is a very mature theme.

There it is^

:LOL:

Interesting how Muse are the only band to get into their 30's and can't rock as hard any more.

Archived