For the type of band that Muse have become, they need better setlists.

I reckon they would be making some fans a lot happier if they played about 22 songs, plus either CE or Bliss (and have those two on rotate for the whole tour), plus another song from the top 5 from the setlist poll for each gig.

Honestly, it's not that hard, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do something like that at least.

For the type of band that Muse have become, they need better setlists.

I reckon they would be making some fans a lot happier if they played about 22 songs, plus either CE or Bliss (and have those two on rotate for the whole tour), plus another song from the top 5 from the setlist poll for each gig.

Honestly, it's not that hard, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do something like that at least.

according to the polls, CE must be played. will they break their promises? we'll see.

if that set list from the first page is correct, id be kinda disappointed. this would be my ideal summer set:

Intro

Uprising

SMBH

NewBorn

MotP

Map of your Head Intro + Neutron Star Collision

Guiding Light

Interlude + Hysteria

Nishe + United States of Eurasia

Soldier’s Poem Intro + I Belong to you

Invincible

Resistance

MKULTRA

Summer Show Jam + Undisclosed Desires

Sing For Absolution

Starlight

Time is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

ENCORE 1 (With Orchestra Stage Side)

Exo 1

Exo 2

Exo 3

ENCORE 2

Take A Bow

Plug In Baby + Balloons

Stockholm Syndrome + Riffs

MWAH + Knights of Cydonia + Space Dementia Outro

24 songs!

How hard would this be?

Uprising

Dead Star

New Born

Map Of The Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Hysteria

MK Ultra

Citizen Erased

United States Of Eurasia

*A Piano Song*

Feeling Good/I Belong To You

Sunburn

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Starlight

Forced In

Bliss (Ext.)

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Unnatural Selection

-----

Exogenesis, Pt.1: Overture

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

-----

Muscle Museum

Knights Of Cydonia

Raise your hands if you object to that? It's the right length, it's got all the hits, it's got heavy and soft moments, it's got the let's say 'new fan favourites' as well as old fan favourites/setlist poll winners, etc.

IT'S NOT HARD TO BUILD A GOOD SETLIST!

How hard would this be?

Uprising

Dead Star

New Born

Map Of The Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Hysteria

MK Ultra

Citizen Erased

United States Of Eurasia

*A Piano Song*

Sunburn

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Starlight

Forced In

Bliss (Ext.)

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Unnatural Selection

-----

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

-----

Muscle Museum

Knights Of Cydonia

Raise your hands if you object to that? It's the right length, it's got all the hits, it's got heavy and soft moments, it's got the let's say 'new fan favourites' as well as old fan favourites/setlist poll winners, etc.

Yes.

You've already said it, but I'll say it again.. IT'S NOT HARD TO BUILD A GOOD SETLIST! This is a good setlist! Muse, do you realise how everything would be better with a setlist like this? Atmosphere and everything. You'd be doing yourself a lot of favours.

How hard would this be?

Uprising

Dead Star

New Born

Map Of The Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Hysteria

MK Ultra

Citizen Erased

United States Of Eurasia

*A Piano Song*

Sunburn

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Starlight

Forced In

Bliss (Ext.)

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Unnatural Selection

-----

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

-----

Muscle Museum

Knights Of Cydonia

... Goood set :D play this MOOSE!

For what I've been reading they haven't rehearsed any of the poll's songs but they said they would try to play at least one from the top five at each show, right?

I don't want to know anything but I can't help it :(

For what I've been reading they haven't rehearsed any of the poll's songs but they said they would try to play at least one from the top five at each show, right?

I don't want to know anything but I can't help it :(

Apart from IBTY, nothing else. But they've had practices before they rehearsed at MK Bowl, and they practised some of them then. Perhaps the reason that they didn't play any of them at MK is because they knew that people knew about them having their set there, and they knew people would be able to hear it and didn't want to ruin any surprises.

Stadium tour kicks off 2nd of June! :phu::D

+1 :phu:

;)

New/kinda rare songs played in practice @ MK National Bowl:

22/05/2010

?

Take a Bow is back!

23/05/2010

NSC - Musers with twitter ids: Spideydom, cupkaykie, laura_c0608, ? - first Musers to hear it live (source via http://twitter.com/#list/fueschgast/sexyplane )

IBTY - are they the first Musers to hear it live as well?

Unintended

Take a Bow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No real rarities practiced yet?

Complete list of songs practiced 23/05/2010 (thanks Dee3Dee)

New Intro apparently

Uprising

SMBH

New Born

Mozart Intro + MotP

NSC

Guiding Light

Hysteria

Nishe + USoE

IBTY

Feeling Good

Resistance

MK jam (orgasmic!) + Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Time is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Unintended

Exo 1

SS + Riffs

Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

MWAH + Knights

srscheez.gif

Wait, there was a practice? I've obviously missed something. Nice to see Take a Bow and IBTY there but so far that is it? My word, I feel like I'd rather wait and see but if that's how it turns out I'll be solely disappointed

Wait, there was a practice? I've obviously missed something. Nice to see Take a Bow and IBTY there but so far that is it? My word, I feel like I'd rather wait and see but if that's how it turns out I'll be solely disappointed

:chuckle:

Yeah, the past 2 days at MK Bowl :happy:

+1. It would be disappointing. Although, read what I posted just before your post. All hope is not lost yet.

Apart from IBTY, nothing else. But they've had practices before they rehearsed at MK Bowl, and the practised some of them then. Perhaps the reason that they didn't play any of them at MK is because they knew that people knew about them having their set there, and they knew people would be able to hear it and didn't want to ruin any surprises.

But why Unintended?

IBTY is another piano song, fair enough it's not that slow but it's not rocky either

Take a Bow is epic but it is a big build up and again not an energetic all the way through

Then added to the fact they already have Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light, Starlight and NSC as the 'lovey dovey' songs it's all abit too much

But why Unintended?

IBTY is another piano song, fair enough it's not that slow but it's not rocky either

Take a Bow is epic but it is a big build up and again not an energetic all the way through

Then added to the fact they already have Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light, Starlight and NSC as the 'lovey dovey' songs it's all abit too much

You always manage to make things sound shit, I like your perspectives :LOL:

They just need to sort it out really. I'm not a huge setlist moaner, but they need to make them better that's for sure. They'll be losing "good" fans and gaining new ones. Twishiters most probably.

Yeah that is fair enough, I would rather just wait, as I say

:yesey:

I'm keeping open minded about it all at the moment. Hopefully they'll be nice to us :LOL:

You always manage to make things sound shit, I like your perspectives :LOL:

They just need to sort it out really. I'm not a huge setlist moaner, but they need to make them better that's for sure. They'll be losing "good" fans and gaining new ones. Twishiters most probably.

I give them praise where it's due, I just used to really like going to see Muse when the gigs where intense and energetic. The cheese-fest in November really didn't do it for me, neither did that encore at Wembley. And I know they have enough material on their last two albums to rectify this, they just don't and that makes me sad.

I give them praise where it's due, I just used to really like going to see Muse when the gigs where intense and energetic. The cheese-fest in November really didn't do it for me, neither did that encore at Wembley. And I know they have enough material on their last two albums to rectify this, they just don't and that makes me sad.

I agree. They could really play such a stunner of a show with some of their music. I think it's sad because they seem to care about the wrong things at times, unlike the "old" Muse. It seems like they can't be bothered at times, which is a great shame.

But why Unintended?

I though you wanted them to play Take a Bow :erm:

Oh yeah! BLISS AND CITIZEN ERASED AREN'T EVEN IN THE DAMN LIST :LOL:

I bet their excuse for not playing them this tour is that they're bored of them.

Maybe they put in IBTY to get an extra practice in before the intimate gig as they intend to perform it there. It sounds to me that this was just a practice run through for the crew. BTW doesn't Matt need to rehearse the vocal in true song rehearsals? Maybe he will only sing in front of an audience, I don't know. But anyway this is probably the basic structure of the setlist, I don't think anyone should expect a completely unique, changed setlist, but they will probably be inserting different songs as they go on. This one had four additional songs to the regulars on the Resistance tour. Whether different individuals like them or not is immaterial as that's simply personal preference.

It's obvious now that they tried to stop people in the vicinity talking about this. Sad really because this wasn't supposed to happen. But there really is no point getting in a stew about it before any facts are known. Well personally I don't think there's any point getting in a stew about it full stop, but there you go.

It seems like they can't be bothered at times, which is a great shame.

Yeah, it really does. A part of me gets upset/annoyed by it but at least my bank account will be happy :LOL: I'm still excited for next week, I'm looking forward to the stage set up (but a nice setlist too k thx bai)

It's obvious now that they tried to stop people in the vicinity talking about this. Sad really because this wasn't supposed to happen.

It's Milton Keynes, what do they expect? :LOL: It's not some obscure village hidden behind a magical rock

It's Milton Keynes, what do they expect? :LOL: It's not some obscure village hidden behind a magical rock

I'm totally aware of that. I said the same myself on the other thread. But they obviously hoped that people in the vicinity wouldn't be reporting it internationally, as someone here has said they were asked to keep it quiet. Whether that was realistic or not is another thing.

Doesn't mean fans can't respect it though by not jumping up and down before they even know what it was really all about.

Archived