Take a Bow Discussion

MizzeeOH

+1

When I heard the Take a Bow teaser, at first I thought it was the actual song and I got all excited. :LOL: Only to have my hopes crushed moments later. :'(

Yeah, at my gig I thought they would delve into some new piano intro/epic rehash of this song but then... :stunned:yeah. Let down, it was.

I really love this song. Definitely one of the gems off of BHaR, and great live. It gets me all riled up whenever I listen to it. I just love how emotionally charged the song feels.

• 1 month later...

When I first listened to BHaR and it started with this I remember thinking something along the lines of "oh dear and I thought I was really starting to get into this band", I think it had something with "you'll burn in hell" being repeated over and over haha. After I started to "get" Muse a bit more I never really had anything against it, I just guess I just overlooked it most of the time, I'd only really listen to it when I listened to the whole album right through. Also, I thought it was an unusual choice as a final song for the HAARP shows (and many others on the tour I believe?)

After reading through this thread I've listened to it a few times, and I'm enjoying it more and more each time. I think this is about to be yet another song that adds to my growing belief that every Muse song is absolutely amazing if you take enough time to listen to it. So many of my favourite Muse songs are ones that I really didn't enjoy, or didn't really care for, at first. Thanks for the thread :)

(only a minute into listening to it at the moment and the anticipation (maybe not the best word, but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean haha) is already amazing.)

Well, I did a search for this and nothing came up, so....

TAKE A BOW! Listening to it just now, I realized that it's very underrated. :( I barely ever see it mentioned. I know it's been performed quite a bit (I think?) but it doesn't seem to be a fan favorite - or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. :p

I was disappointed when it wasn't played at the Oakland gig. :(

So..... join me in my love of Take a Bow! :dance::awesome:

It's a fantastic song

the first time i heard it live closing the IOW2007 headline set I was overwhelmed and kept singing it wiht my Boyfriend for the whole week

I voted for it during the poll because I simply love it

love the intense lyrics & it works fantastically live

:musesign:

I want to hear it live.

IMO I think it should be used as the opener, and then straight into Uprising from it. Or at least, as the encore opener. Like, when they go back to the US for those arena shows, I think it should replace Exo part 1 in the set list (if they use a similar one to before). fantastic song

Well, I did a search for this and nothing came up, so....

TAKE A BOW! Listening to it just now, I realized that it's very underrated. :( I barely ever see it mentioned. I know it's been performed quite a bit (I think?) but it doesn't seem to be a fan favorite - or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. :p

I was disappointed when it wasn't played at the Oakland gig. :(

So..... join me in my love of Take a Bow! :dance::awesome:

It's in my top 5 of favourite Muse songs so I share your love for Take a Bow :D !!!

Couldn't agree more. When I first started taking interest in Muse I had heard a couple of songs here and there, so I went to their website. First song I listened to was Take a Bow... Since then it has been my favorite song, not only by Muse, but by any artist. Its simply amazing! The emotions I receive from listening to it are astounding. In fact, its more than simply listening, its feeling.

The climax and apocalyptic progression of the song is simply amazing. It gives me chills every time.

I'd give anything to have them end with Take a Bow when they come to Australia this December :(

• 8 years later...