I normally like the "heavier" songs (fave is Stockholm Syndrome) but I LOVE Neutron Star Collision. Been working from home today and had it repeating - maybe 30 times - obsessive I know but it's become an instant hit with me.

Part of Matt's genius is the ability to write a melody so strong that you wonder that no-one's come up with it before.

OK so he nicks the odd bit of Mahler and Chopin every couple of years... but his ear for harmonic progression is amazing. Right up there with Björn Ulvaeus :D

Can't wait for September and Wembley!

Guest hysteriaaah
People are going to flame me for this next statement, and call me "not a true fan", but -

I LOVE THIS SONG!!

I don't know why, but I just love this song. Maybe because I can relate to it and I sympathize with Matt, and a lot of the feelings he emotes are feelings I've felt before.

To quote Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that"

I'm sick of hearing this "not a true fan" shit people always give out. I'm not just meaning with this song, but it happens ALL THE TIME with all bands.

Anyway, i think some fans aren't really into the new stuff so they're just a bit bitter :noey:

Personally, I love BHAR...i think its my second fave muse album after OoS

Yeah I agree. I probably only posted that because I had just said I love both Unintended and Invincible. I just think they're brilliant songs but that doesn't mean I don't like their heavier songs like Hysteria or Stockholm Sydrome, or the the sad, brooding songs like Hyperchondriac Music or Map of Your Head. They just have this skill I think of connecting with people's emotions through music and I think that is because the music comes from a emotional source even if it's just about having a laugh. Different songs produce different feelings. I can't help it if I enjoy the vast majority of what they have produced.

So true. Muse are best with their heavier stuff(personally) but I love their diversity.

Every album is different, but I love all of them. :D

:LOL: I like GL, but I don't think they should waste setlist space with it - it's a bit meh and a bit silly to play it live when they have better songs out there.

Like NSC, which is fun and will get the crowd going :awesome:

Wow, I came on this thread to say exactly that. Thanks for doing it for me! :awesome:

I don't mind this song. Yes, the lyrics are rather... uninspiring, which makes the first minute or so a bit painful to listen to (but that's true of a fair few lyrically-driven Muse songs, because let's face it, this is a band whose strength is their instrumental skill and creativity, not lyric-writing) and yes it does take a lot of elements from old songs but it fills a very nice niche - a mainstream love song which is still fun to listen to live. It's a bit quirky, has a nice riff (although I think he can make it better) and has probably the best piano segment he's ever written as an outtro (I've always wondered why he doesn't quote that part of the 2nd Concerto more, it's absolutely gorgeous IMO) - too bad he doesn't play it live, but hey.

I don't mind this song. Yes, the lyrics are rather... uninspiring, which makes the first minute or so a bit painful to listen to (but that's true of a fair few lyrically-driven Muse songs, because let's face it, this is a band whose strength is their instrumental skill and creativity, not lyric-writing) and yes it does take a lot of elements from old songs but it fills a very nice niche - a mainstream love song which is still fun to listen to live. It's a bit quirky, has a nice riff (although I think he can make it better) and has probably the best piano segment he's ever written as an outtro (I've always wondered why he doesn't quote that part of the 2nd Concerto more, it's absolutely gorgeous IMO) - too bad he doesn't play it live, but hey.

I'm hoping the riff (well, the entire song) will evolve into something awesome as time goes on. I really think it has lots of live potential. And I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

I'm hoping the riff (well, the entire song) will evolve into something awesome as time goes on. I really think it has lots of live potential. And I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Absolutely agree, he could do some really great things with it, make it longer, play around with effects, distortion etc.

I love Muse, and everythingg they do like most of us.:happy:

I honestly prefer songs like Stockholm Syndrome.

But honestly I really enjoy listening to Neutron Star Collision, I like how it takes time to build up on it.:D

The lyrics, possibly are a bit meh in the chorous, but in the verses there are some strong metaphors.:rolleyes: Matt was going through his break-up so it's understandable he just wanted to get his emotion out.:(

Personally I didnt have time to not enjoy the track, I was just so excited that there was going to be new Muse material to listen to I was just genuinely excited to hear it. :happy:

Label me a 'fake fan' or whatever.:LOL:

I'M A PROUD FAN OF 'Neutwon' :happy:

Forgive me if someone has already brought this up; I just can't motivate myself to read 428 pages.

Is it just me, or are other people also slightly saddened every time they here Matt sing, "proud" as a normal person would, instead of "pwowd?" It just doesn't seem like Matt to pronounce his R's pwoperly...:erm:

Forgive me if someone has already brought this up; I just can't motivate myself to read 428 pages.

Is it just me, or are other people also slightly saddened every time they here Matt sing, "proud" as a normal person would, instead of "pwowd?" It just doesn't seem like Matt to pronounce his R's pwoperly...:erm:

Obviously you're not a regular boarder, everyone knows he cant pwonounce his r's!

Ok, he said 428 pages :)

I don't blame him though, i signed up the boards years ago and then ran away for two years because they scared me at first, but that's what happens when you go on banter :p

Are you trying to be funny or something? Maybe you should read her post ANOTHER time, and really read it this time.

Obviously you're not a regular boarder, everyone knows he cant pwonounce his r's!

Hey Alex, let me help you. I want you to read the following quote and concentrate really really hard.

P.S. Don't call me a dude.

And yes, I know I spelled "here" the wrong way. My bad.

Archived