I was on iTunes and saw someone did a lullaby of their music. It is sooooo cool, and it has Neutron Star Collision! I use it for yoga and to put my kids to sleep but to be honest it works on me better! lol. Here the link if you want to check out the lullaby.

Muse-

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lullaby-versions-of-muse/id357774673

Eclipse-

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lullaby-versions-twilight/id379470433

:D

OMG.NSC Lullaby actually doesn't sound creepy like the other Muse lullabies. :D

Man, that movie has good music though. :eek: I hate to say it, but I think Muse has one of the weaker songs on the album.

Yep, and it's definitely weaker than Metric's contribution, which should have been chosen as the lead single as it's more relevant to the movie, more appealing to more people, and just a better song.

I'm seeing Eatclits tonight guys :awesome: I'll let you know how they abuse Muse this time around.

EDIT: So I just got back from the movie. Needless to say it was a bit awful but I really enjoyed it and had some good laughs with friends. Also, the action scene and a half were genuinely awesome. Really great stuff, a few BOOM HEADSHOT moments, lots of clotheslining, wolf action, etc.

Anyway, NSC was really insignificant and seemed just as pasted on as IBTY was in New Moon. Bella was at a graduation party at the Cullens' house and she's with a couple of friends when NSC comes on in the background (beginning with the second chorus, lol) and the two friends go 'ooh, I love this song' and leave her, presumably to go dance. Then Jacob comes up and he and Bella share a really boring, drawn out conversation that's pretty much a repeat of the 239854392 other ones before that while the guitar solo is going. The song plays through the last chorus and then the scene ends and you completely forget about it.

I don't understand the choice to use NSC as the lead single. It played literally no part in the movie, and judging by the way Muse songs are always used really poorly, I think they're just using them because of the association forced on them by the author. Metric's song Eclipse (I'm All Yours) would have been a much better choice in my opinion. The lyrics were a really nice take on Bella's conflict (the movie actually presented the turning-into-a-vampire thing as a conflict, something the book failed to do effectively) and the overall feel of the song fit so well with the movie. The music that played at various parts of the movie, mainly the beginning and final Bedward scenes was based on the melody of Metric's song (which then played during the end credits...) . Even though Muse is a much more popular band than Metric, NSC was a really odd choice and I think the franchise is just trying to cement Muse's status as 'The Twilight Band' and milk it for all it's worth, even though the use of Muse songs in the films show that their music clearly isn't suitable for Twilight.

I just saw it tonight. Good cheesy, mindless entertainment! :D It was good to get out with some friends, anyway.

I thought the song was more noticeable in this movie than IBTY was in New Moon, though. I barely noticed IBTY. I also thing they played a longer portion of NSC. I assumed they would be showing the song during a cheesy love scene with Bella and Edward, so I was surprised (pleasantly) that it was during a conversation with Bella and Jacob.

Yeah, I don't get why this was the lead single, either. It was no where nearly as prominently featured as SMBH was.

Thanks for the heads up, Gretterati. :) The movies do have decent soundtracks... O_O

:happy:

I just saw it tonight. Good cheesy, mindless entertainment! :D It was good to get out with some friends, anyway.

I thought the song was more noticeable in this movie than IBTY was in New Moon, though. I barely noticed IBTY. I also thing they played a longer portion of NSC. I assumed they would be showing the song during a cheesy love scene with Bella and Edward, so I was surprised (pleasantly) that it was during a conversation with Bella and Jacob.

IBTY was about 11 seconds and NSC was about a minute and a half, but they both felt really tacked on, like the film makers went 'hmm, better get some Muse in here somewhere as they're the Twilight band and all'. IBTY and NSC did nothing for their respective scenes, and almost any song could have been used in their place. (And in the first movie, SMBH sure did a lot for the scene but the result is one of the most absurd sequences in cinema history.) The song could have been used in a worse way though, you're definitely right about that. I'm not too fussed about it because it was just harmless filler music.

I think the only reason Muse is on any of these soundtracks is because they are Muse, and Eclipse made me even more sure of that because most of the other songs are used well. I loved the sparring scene with the song by The Black Angels and UNKLE :awesome: I was dying when Emmet got thrown, then as he was getting up, went "AGAIN" like a Mortal Kombat character or something :LOL: I'm going to make a ten minute loop of it and put it on youtube.

Okay I'm worried.

I really don't(didn't?) like this song but. It's been in my head for 2 days straight now. And everytime I get on the pc I really want to listen to it. Then when finished listening(2 times or so), I'm like "Okay time for some SS, or 'Yes Please'. But few hours later.

It's in my head again 'And our looooooooove, will be foreeeevaaaaaah'.

Gah...

Okay I'm worried.

I really don't(didn't?) like this song but. It's been in my head for 2 days straight now. And everytime I get on the pc I really want to listen to it. Then when finished listening(2 times or so), I'm like "Okay time for some SS, or 'Yes Please'. But few hours later.

It's in my head again 'And our looooooooove, will be foreeeevaaaaaah'.

Gah...

I still don't really like it that much. I copied it onto a cd and after I listen to it (which is not very often), the next song is Fury live at RAH. It's very cleansing hearing that after the cheese fest. :LOL: It's like a relief.

the first time i heard this song i just thought 'wtf' and was really disappointed' date=' but i have to admit that the song kinda grew on me. :)[/quote']

Same here, it's definitely grown on me although it's still nowhere near a few of their past releases.

Heh, that actually makes me feel slightly better about it. Werewolves beat sparkly vampires hands down.

watched Eclipse last night with my sister :D

NSC was just randomly stuck in there, but when it came on my sister just looked at me and laughed cuz i had a big smile on my face.... on the plus side, i was too busy listening to the song to hear the Bella-Jacob conversation

i haven't seen the movie yet, but from what i've read they seem to have put the song at a really random place in it. anyway, was meet me on the equinox in a prominent scene in new moon? i can't remember...

i guess they only chose NSC as lead single, because the author loves the band so much and because the director did some of their older music videos?

edit: i just looked it up, he actually did four of their videos (hyper music, feeling good, bliss, new born) wow, i didn't know it were that many

If you'd listened to their new album (with your head out of your ass) it's called ''THE RESISTANCE''

You might realize they are actually perfect for Twilight, they were a rock band, and people still think they are, all about marketing. They are hardly going to put NDubz on Twilight.

Newmusesingle.jpg

Not sure what to make of it now I looked for more then a few seconds. Case appears professional but the disk does not.

I'm really confused now, the disc had no copyrights on it but It said "All song rights belong to Muse". It also claimed to be property of our radio station but I crossed that out.

MK Ultra is only 4:06 long but the CD claims the track is 4:52 seconds long.

It's titled Wavelength.

I'm really unsure as to what this is? Any ideas?

I also put The Resistance and a notepad beside it to validate that this is indeed real.

So there's still no news on this? =/

Archived