Lol because it's just not right - its for Eclipse, and its cheesier than a four cheese with cheese stuffed crusts pizza. :stunned:

But I've just pressed play for the third time on youtube :$

That's stupid. I suppose you hate SMBH and IBTY too? And if you don't take it seriously, like EVERY MUSE SONG MUST BE ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD, then people might actually enjoy it.

There's nothing wrong with liking this song. :LOL:

That's stupid. I suppose you hate SMBH and IBTY too? And if you don't take it seriously, like EVERY MUSE SONG MUST BE ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD, then people might actually enjoy it.

There's nothing wrong with liking this song. :LOL:

Nope, I love SMBH and IBTY - but they weren't written specifically for the soundtrack and are just stand alone songs that happened to be placed on the soundtrack. This isn't, it was made for Eclipse, which is probably why it's so cheesy. And I do enjoy it if you paid attention to what I said. I'm just reluctant about it. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a matter of being afraid, some people (including myself) just think it's not good.

No no no, you're misunderstanding. People who do like the song seem to be like "I like it, OH WHY DO I LIKE IT?!?! :$:$" There's nothing wrong with it. There's also nothing wrong with disliking it. :LOL:

Nope, I love SMBH and IBTY - but they weren't written specifically for the soundtrack and are just stand alone songs that happened to be placed on the soundtrack. This isn't, it was made for Eclipse, which is probably why it's so cheesy. And I do enjoy it if you paid attention to what I said. I'm just reluctant about it. :rolleyes:

I thought we got confirmation from Matt that it was a personal song? :wtf:

You've gotta feel a bit bad for the guy, though. To have so many people dislike a song that was probably one of the most difficult for him to write...but "snowlakes in the ocean?" Yikes.

I really don't think the lyrics are that awful as much as I just find they don't resonate with me. I'm not in love. Arguably never have been. I do think the lyrics are over the top and bit cheesy, but my guess would be Matt was/is well aware of that. I think that's a part of being human, that little period when you're over-the-top, cheesily enamored with someone, and you can't imagine it ending. I'm OK with someone writing a song in that state of mind.

Archived