Really? Well you've clearly led a very sheltered life then!

LOOOOOL +10000000000

I'm tired of all the pseudo-intellectuals that walk around this forum pretending they know a lot about music and that they are muse "purists".

I'm talking generally and not mentioning anyone in particular, it's just sad that a lot of what is said here is so mean and with no fundament. Muse are not what they were 10 years ago. yes that's right. And so what? People evolve and change. They got better in so many aspects. They can't appeal to everyone. Do you really wish muse were doing exactly the same kind of music they did back then? No, you would be tired by now. Just get over the fact they also do stuff for masses.

It's showbizz. It's not a hobbie, it's their job.

Back to silly me: Just bring on that fuckin' DOMinatrix outfit.

I'd forgotten about Muse really until this clip came out and now I feel the hate re-emerge. I don't know why I care.

Oh wait, they might play it live, so i'm interested to see how it turns out. Hope it's either better than the clip suggests or Matt forgets how to play it by the time Wembley arrives.

Edit: When I say hate, I really mean 'slight disappointment'.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I'll decide that one on Monday!:D

:LOL:

<3

ah yes...officially speaking i personally hate muse on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.

i had to check on that because some days there is unofficial love/hate depending on my chocolate levels and whether or not the daily show was funny.

so yeah, today is a "love" day so thank you muse for this 30 second clip of :awesome: which will have me singing the same two lines aloud for the next three days driving myself and everyone around me absolutely insane.

muse fuckin RAWKS!:\mm/:

LOOOOOL +10000000000

I'm tired of all the pseudo-intellectuals that walk around this forum pretending they know a lot about music and that they are muse "purists".

Do you really wish muse were doing exactly the same kind of music they did back then? No, you would be tired by now. Just get over the fact they also do stuff for masses.

Actually...Origin2 would be MUCH more interesting!

I'm gonna add in a random positive comment just so there won't be only 'BOOO! SHIT! SUCKS! RIP MUSE! POSITIVE COMMENTS SUCK! THEY'RE ONLY MADE BY FANGIRLS!' everywhere..

SO, that chorus brings in mind Butterflies & Hurricanes which has a hint of some older Showbiz/OoS song, not too bad at all. Favourite thing about this song so far, from what I'm hearing, is the drumbeat. I'm loving what Dom does there with the bassdrum, etc. I don't give a fuck about the lyrics being about love, I don't mind romantic stuff even when it threatens to appear 'cheesy'.

There. Now we have some positivity here too. Carry on.

I don't give a fuck about the lyrics being about love, I don't mind romantic stuff even when it threatens to appear 'cheesy'.

Being cheesy has nothing to do with being about love, imo. I know plenty of songs about love which are not cheesy at all :erm:

I'm gonna add in a random positive comment just so there won't be only 'BOOO! SHIT! SUCKS! RIP MUSE! POSITIVE COMMENTS SUCK! THEY'RE ONLY MADE BY FANGIRLS!' everywhere..

Yeah, do you even read the comments or is it all just "HATE HATE HATE" in your eyes?

Being cheesy has nothing to do with being about love, imo. I know plenty of songs about love which are not cheesy at all :erm:

looooving yoooou is eeeezy cause you're beautifull

la la la la la laaalalalalala la la laalllaaaaa

oo-oo-ooo-ooo-ooooooh!!!

:awesome:

SO, that chorus brings in mind Butterflies & Hurricanes which has a hint of some older Showbiz/OoS song, not too bad at all. Favourite thing about this song so far, from what I'm hearing, is the drumbeat. I'm loving what Dom does there with the bassdrum, etc. I don't give a fuck about the lyrics being about love, I don't mind romantic stuff even when it threatens to appear 'cheesy'.

There. Now we have some positivity here too. Carry on.

I agree, I'm loving the sound of drums.:) I'm really looking forward to Monday.:happy: I have high hopes! :D

Oh, oh, oh! This just in! .. not that it matters that much but yea .. Matt hates Twilight! A quote has started spreading where he apparently says:

“ Yeah, I’ll admit it, I hate Twilight too. They told me it was gonna be a movie about vampires, and I was like ‘Fuck yeah, we’re in a horror movie with this shitty pop song I wrote!’. Then I found out it’s not a horror movie, it’s some stupid fucking romance novel shit with a creepy stalker. And they play baseball to our song. What the hell? ”

Once I find out the source of this quote I'll post it here. :D Maybe this new song is actually a parody of the movie, only the studio didn't realize it. I still love that song 'though. But it'd explain the lyrics so far.

I'll keep you updated.

Oh, oh, oh! This just in! .. not that it matters that much but yea .. Matt hates Twilight! A quote has started spreading where he apparently says:

“ Yeah, I’ll admit it, I hate Twilight too. They told me it was gonna be a movie about vampires, and I was like ‘Fuck yeah, we’re in a horror movie with this shitty pop song I wrote!’. Then I found out it’s not a horror movie, it’s some stupid fucking romance novel shit with a creepy stalker. And they play baseball to our song. What the hell? ”

Once I find out the source of this quote I'll post it here. :D Maybe this new song is actually a parody of the movie, only the studio didn't realize it. I still love that song 'though. But it'd explain the lyrics so far.

I'll keep you updated.

Someone made that quote up awhile ago... It doesn't even sound like something Matt would say.

I'll keep you updated.

Fake quote that spread like wildfire. The band have often said they like Meyer as a person, without actually commenting on her work :p

I'll keep you updated.

Gullible, much? :LOL:.

Someone made that quote up awhile ago... It doesn't even sound like something Matt would say.

Yeah, and that "quote" has been around quite a while I think. It maybe started spreading around the time the New Moon soundtrack was released?

Archived