And I understand that point of view, but they're in their 30's now. We can't really expect them to stay the same as they were when they were younger :rolleyes:

*jumps in mid-conversation*

Just because they're over 30 doesn't mean they have to make cheesy songs ;)

Don't get me wrong, I don't care, they need to do what they want, and if anyone here, myself included, doesn't like it, then we'll just have to deal with it... but age/maturity has absolutely no bearing on the "sound" they're going for at the moment.

There are plenty of bands that rock out at 30+ and I don't think that means they haven't grown up or changed since they were 20, it just means they didn't feel the need to change direction/genre. Muse apparently has...

I listened to it quite a few times and I think I like it. Besides I like cheese, honest. Everytime I am at Olive Garden and they ask if I want some cheese sprinkled on top, I always say yes please. :D

+1

Me too. Everything at Olive Garden is better with cheese. :yesey:

Holy good fuck that is the worst thing I have seen in my entire life.

I knew the song was gonna be horrible like resistance, but damn, they went and jumped on the pop wagon with a whole new vengeances....and matt with the Slash like mannerings when the song is nothing driven by guitar.....more piano and vocals ...and not in a good way, more in a coldplay vs. U2 way

and the lyrics............:facepalm:

It is awful, if you deny it, well, it's only gonna hurt a hell of a lot more down the line.

You're a ray of fucking sunshine, now aren't you?

Wow, I spent most of today on the road and finally made it online to check the preview. So much drama! :LOL:

I think alot of the fans who became fans during the "absolution era" are on here complaining (rightfully so), and wishing and hoping for the old muse to come back, and for all other message boarders to agree with them. then hopefully muse would notice all the message board comments and stop heading in the direction they are going.

I joined the Muse bandwagon back in the Absolution era, and tbh I love the old stuff and the new stuff equally. I had a feeling this song would be cheesy pop, since it's a love theme for an insipid human girl and a sparkly, spineless vampire. It could be worse. It could be a lot worse. :LOL:

*sigh* :(

i like the song, but is it time to say goodbye to headbanging riffage? nobody handled epic riffage as well as muse and if that aspect is gone... :supersad: oh well

i think everyone misses the plug in baby days, but this stuff has a more optimistic and quality sheen to it, which is cool aswell

People should get that this is a single suited to a specific movie and audience.

As much as I do myself prefer one billion times an MKU or Dead Star to any Starlight of this world, the latter garnered the band a lot of new fans when it was released as a single four years ago.

Now you can crap about how "mainstream" your fave band is and how "low" (or not) it can be to get featured on such a "movie" , fact is Muse are doing it on purpose and their purpose is to become bigger with the mainstream audience and in this case the US Mainstream One than possible.

They want to become the new U2 , nothing less.

My God not U2 they were great and now they´re stagnant and downhill. A lot of peple thinks that Muse´s going in that direction, i refuse to belive that and i´ll keep my opinion until i can hear the entire song.

One question, do you know if the song will be aviable in iTunes on may 17???????

Is there any chance Muse wrote the song before BHAR. They said they wrote 20+ songs for BHAR but they didn’t use them all, could this be one of them?

Yeah, I think it's quite possible. It sounds reminiscent of BHAR to me. They might have used an old song and changed it up a bit too. From the sound of the chorus it could only have taken 3 or 4 minutes to write the new lyrics :facepalm:

Is there any chance Muse wrote the song before BHAR. They said they wrote 20+ songs for BHAR but they didn’t use them all, could this be one of them?

Yeah, I think it's quite possible. It sounds reminiscent of BHAR to me. They might have used an old song and changed it up a bit too. From the sound of the chorus it could only have taken 3 or 4 minutes to write the new lyrics :facepalm:

:erm:

Reminds me a bit of some BHAR-era sounds for some reason.

:yesey:;)

NEEDS. MOAR. CABASA. :cabasa:

:cabasa: :cabasa:

I'm so excited about this. :dance:

Cheese is delicious, and Matt's voice sounds amazing. What more do I need?

I've been a fan since Absolution, and while said album is still my favorite... I like the new stuff as well as the old. Just for very different reasons. Good music is good music.

Yes I´m a fan since absolution and it´s completely ridiculous that people wants CE or any other old song again and again and again, shame and boring.

The Resistance is different and i appreciate that, and the important thing of the record is the message and few ones think about it. It´s still Muse´s essence but more commercial YES and i don´t blame them, i guess that´s what they want in some way.

Matt has chessy sparks all the time starlight, TIRO, SBH...............anyway still waiting :happy:

PD: thanks JessicaSarahS:p

Yes I´m a fan since absolution and it´s completely ridiculous that people wants CE or any other old song again and again and again, shame and boring.

How I disagree with this...

About the teaser...don´t wanna judge 30 seconds...but the lyrics are so basic...

Archived