One bad Absolution mix is the guitar track in Stockholm Syndrome - just feels weird.

2. Survival makes a better encore closer than a gig closer. At the end of the arena tour gig I attended as epic as the CO2 cannons were' date=' it did sort of end the gig on an anticlimactic note. In Barcelona though it was an excellent encore closer[/quote']

I dunno - I thought it was a good closer at the Shepherd's Bush gig.

I went to the 2nd O2 gig and it definitely worked as an encore closer, but I'd want something bigger as a closer. Knights of Cydonia works but its been played way too much as a closer. Starlight doesn't work there though.

I think Absolution should have stopped at Butterflies & Hurricanes. The last four tracks would have been great as B-Sides.

I was wondering for years what you guys have against Feeling good. Then I heard it on Emirates and I finally got it. No drive, total bore. :( I like the song very much, although it shouldnt have been on OOS. It should have been b-side. :happy:

I don't think Feeling Good feels that out of place on OoS sound-wise. It's a cover that's been reworked and fits in very well with the general feel and sound of OoS. Soft sections that explode into a loud chorus with heavy bass.

Edit: The "fake" Supremacy leak is probably the most overrated song/clippet on this board.

Edited by Seaking

I don't think Feeling Good feels that out of place on OoS sound-wise. It's a cover that's been reworked and fits in very well with the general feel and sound of OoS. Soft sections that explode into a loud chorus with heavy bass.

Edit: The "fake" Supremacy leak is probably the most overrated song/clippet on this board.

Agreed, it isn't even that good. To say it's better than the actual song is moronic.

but why on earth would they release a cover as a single...?

the only possible use I could come up with for FG is being a B-Side.

Feeling Good was a single, and a pretty successful one at that. I'm just saying they should've left it at that and not put it on the album.

Edit: on the subject of fakes - that fake that claimed to be one of Chris' songs was better than either of the ones on the actual album (and I actually really quite like Liquid State), in fact it was better than most of the album imo.

Edited by Jobby