The first five songs of the Resistance are shit.

Unnatural Selection is okay, but the breakdown drags.

MK ULTRA is good.

IBTY is... No.

Exogenesis 1 is okay, but the rest is just a stupid concept.

And I hate Muse

:rolleyes: You are SO cool

That's true though. Save Starlight, Soldier's Poem, and MotP, everything on BH&R is better live.

I like MotP live better though... well at least at when Matt does those noises at the end with the guitar that arrent there in the studio version.... :facepalm: Im sure evrybodyunderstands what im talking about, god im shit at explaining musical things

---I think Unintended is amazing.... I was pretty obsessed with it for a while and it gave me chills

---I don't understand how people can hate Uprising (its so fun and all peppy:awesome: and so enjoyable to belt) i mean, its okay to not "love" it, but hate's a pretty strong word

---I think the setlists are FINE and don't understand why people moan about it so much

I like MotP live better though... well at least at when Matt does those noises at the end with the guitar that arrent there in the studio version.... :facepalm: Im sure evrybodyunderstands what im talking about, god im shit at explaining musical things

It just sounds so soft live. I like it for how loud it is, again, so it just feels wrong hearing it like it is live...

Wow that made no sense. :awesome:

Those bits are one of the reasons I like the studio version better.

It just sounds so soft live. I like it for how loud it is, again, so it just feels wrong hearing it like it is live...

Wow that made no sense. :awesome:

:LOL: yeah that makes sense

okay: sole reason i like MotP live @3:43:facepalm: it only happens for literally five seconds but it still makes it for me:chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR6A3dap6MI&feature=avmsc2

can someone please tell me what those are called so i can sound competent next time i try to describe it? :chuckle:

Say it once, say it again.

Timescale Keeper/Pee Candle/Whatever the fuck they called Exo Politics before it was released had excellent lyrics.

I still like Exo Politics though.

:rolleyes: You are SO cool

---I think the setlists are FINE and don't understand why people moan about it so much

I am cool :awesome:

But I don't see how them playing Feeling Good instead of something awesome, like Space Dementia, or Cave, or Ruled By Secrecy doesn't get to you. Those three songs are amazing compared to Feeling Good.

Say it once, say it again.

Timescale Keeper/Pee Candle/Whatever the fuck they called Exo Politics before it was released had excellent lyrics.

I still like Exo Politics though.

I am cool :awesome:

But I don't see how them playing Feeling Good instead of something awesome, like Space Dementia, or Cave, or Ruled By Secrecy doesn't get to you. Those three songs are amazing compared to Feeling Good.

ExoPolitics is :awesome:

you ARE cool :eyebrows:

AND some people love Feeling Good and think SD is weird, Cave is shit and RbS is boring as hell:chuckle: not me though

i would love to see Hoodoo, Megalomania or Sunburn once in a while, but I'm not going to cry about it and say I hate Muse cuz "they didnt play my favowite song :'("

I mean, i'll make fun of the repeated set lists with the rest of you, but when people actually are angry about it i just kinda :rolleyes: and think "wow, get over it/get a life"

@Melania - I think the anger comes from knowing that Muse can do better with their setlists and that they can still play a lot of the great songs (Dead Star in Japan, RBS at Seattle) but for whatever reason they aren't doing it. It's like they're only going 70% when they could be going 120%. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@Melania - I think the anger comes from knowing that Muse can do better with their setlists and that they can still play a lot of the great songs (Dead Star in Japan, RBS at Seattle) but for whatever reason they aren't doing it. It's like they're only going 70% when they could be going 120%. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quoted for truth. :yesey:

Its impossible to go more than 100% :p (sorry that reminded me of my science teacher saying that:LOL:)

Well, we all know that for their arena shows they have their effects that have to coincide with the performance and that costs money, and that may seem like an excuse but its a pretty good excuse in my opinion

My view on FG=Matt really likes singing into a megaphone (dont lie, you really want to try it):LOL:

I think they are trying plenty hard, but really do you think if they played Dead Star again, people would be like, "Well why didnt they play Assassin?" and so on...

People were happy the first time they played Bliss and CE this tour, but after the 2nd time fans were already complaining and wanting more

Yeah she is, she had a name change.

I don't know, there just isn't enough happening in the song, instrumentally (it's almost just a repeated chord progression), melodically (one melody with a brief variation) or lyrically for me to say it's brilliant. As Raining_Muses said it does the same thing for 5 minutes. Compare to FAWY which is built on a lot happening which you don't immediately notice (bassline, distortion, subtle guitar lines etc). Endlessly suffers from something similar, not a whole lot happens in the song..

I disagree on both counts. Shine has the brilliant climax with the falsetto at the end. Endlessly has the synth breakdown. Both of which add hugely to the songs.

Well, 'IMHO'... BH&R>TR... but.... IMHO. ;)

BH&R has much better songs, but the production and flow is better on TR.

All of the game threads were pointless and should have been deleted much earlier.

Although I'm all for the Resistance elimination game being finished.

Related to Muse:

Resistance is the worst song on The Resistance by A LOT.

1. You've posted on about all of them, from memory. :p

2. Second worst.

Knights album version is shocking.

I think it works perfectly, personally. Perhaps because I didn't see early live versions...?

Knights Of Cydonia is a work of genius.

Agreed.

Starlight is awesome. *is shot*

I agree...for once.

Hoodoo on guitar <<< Hoodoo on piano.

I think the guitar Hoodoo works better, with the piano orientated climax at the end. The piano version sounds a bit too simple for the first 2/3 of the song; not much happens.

I know the subject changed, but regardless:

Overture

USoE

UD

Redemption

Uprising (Yes, I think Uprising is a brilliant song. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.)

Cross Pollination

MK Ultra (I swear, every week I change my opinion on this song. :LOL:)

I Belong to You

Unnatural Selection

Resistance (Could have been so much better if they kept going along with that brilliant atmosphere at the start. Instead, it became a fairly average pop/rock song, although the outro is still brilliant.)

Guiding Light (I don't actually hate it to the extreme levels I did before, but still...)

Lastly, the whole 'pwoper' thing now makes me want to tear my eyes out everytime I see it. :(

I think they are trying plenty hard, but really do you think if they played Dead Star again, people would be like, "Well why didnt they play Assassin?" and so on...

People were happy the first time they played Bliss and CE this tour, but after the 2nd time fans were already complaining and wanting more

Allow me to make a few points:

1.) If they got Dead Star they would be mighty happy. I doubt anyone would want Assassin right after Dead Star. We're not that bad.

2.) That's because they're playing CE and Bliss at really random times. Sometimes they'll play one, sometimes both, sometimes neither. The inconsistency is a bit frustrating considering loads of people want both songs.

3.) Muse are completely ignoring the setlist polls other than Bliss, CE, and the other hits that managed to worm their way into the Top 5. They're refusing to play Fury, Showbiz. Assassin, etc. Fans want it, they won't give it, it's frustrating.

4.) Muse's setlists are pretty short compared to other bands, and gigs can get expensive. A 16-song setlist for a 60 pound ticket is not cool. Unless you enjoyed yourself and think it was worth it, of course.

5.) This is the Muse boards, we're never satisfied :p

And there's my 'this belongs in the general stadium tour thread' rant.

I disagree on both counts. Shine has the brilliant climax with the falsetto at the end. Endlessly has the synth breakdown. Both of which add hugely to the songs.

They do, which is why they're good songs. Wasn't disputing that. But that's not really enough to make them absolutely brilliant IMO.

BH&R has much better songs, but the production and flow is better on TR.

Agreed.

I think it works perfectly, personally. Perhaps because I didn't see early live versions...?

I despise the production on it. Way too much brass and synth, almost overwhelming the guitar and vocals on bits of the song. Added to the really obvious more technical production issues that plague the album.

IMO the way it should've sounded is on HAARP, which as a true-to-the-album version with not a lot of experimentation is near-flawless. You still have the brass and synths bit but they add, rather than dominate. And the vocals sound infinitely better.

I think the guitar Hoodoo works better, with the piano orientated climax at the end. The piano version sounds a bit too simple for the first 2/3 of the song; not much happens.

I have a weakness for well-constructed piano harmonies.

Lastly, the whole 'pwoper' thing now makes me want to tear my eyes out everytime I see it. :(

Absolutely yes. So childish :stunned:

Imaginary set list for an imaginary gig.

Main:

Forced In (Which would lead into...)

Dead Star

Muscle Museum

Sunburn

Hoodoo

Space Dementia

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts (Which would blend into...)

Interlude & Hysteria

The Gallery (Which would lead into...)

New Born