Imaginary set list for an imaginary gig.

Main:

Forced In (Which would lead into...)

Dead Star

Muscle Museum

Sunburn

Hoodoo

Space Dementia

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts (Which would blend into...)

Interlude & Hysteria

The Gallery (Which would lead into...)

New Born

Bliss

Blackout

Plug In Baby

Stockholme Syndrome

Megalomania

Encore:

Exogenesis Symphony: Part 1

Exogenesis Symphony: Part 2

Exogenesis Symphony: Part 3

Would anyone else pay to see this?

That, my friend, would be brilliant. But why the hell Interlude and Hysteria? How many times do we have to say, INTERLUDE GOES WITH FALLING AWAY WITH YOU, NOT HYSTERIA.

Ahem. Anyway. That would be an amazing concert. But it's actually making me laugh trying to imagine a gig with practically nothing from BH&R or TR. :LOL:

Now I know your not the only one but, Before you go and rag on them about the set list understand there situation.

They need to promote the new album... yes then they have a few other song they can put in... in order to keep your head above water in the music industry you have to play what the majority of people want to hear... and promote what's new. SO before you judge them because you pay for a ticket and don't hear you favorite song consider their situation.:musesign:

You are really not listening/reading, are you? It has nothing to do about people not getting to hear their favourite song... Sorry but it really ticks me of when people say that.

That, my friend, would be brilliant. But why the hell Interlude and Hysteria? How many times do we have to say, INTERLUDE GOES WITH FALLING AWAY WITH YOU, NOT HYSTERIA.

:wtf:

Interlude fades into Hysteria...it only make sense to play it before.

and yes Id pay to see that setlist, but its beyond un-realistic...needs more Resistance songs.

Interlude is connected to FAWY, there is a short pause between the end of Interlude and beginning of Hysteria. :)

Obviously...I'm just saying it makes sense to play it leading into Hysteria. They don't ever play FAWY anyways.

EDIT: Saw the rest of your post. :)

There's the negativity which is so well justified that I just can't help but believe most of it. Then there's people who basically say "You don't like 10 Muse songs? WHY DID YOU JOIN THIS FORUM?!?!" that just completely irritate me.

There's almost no happy medium on this forum.

Some of the obsessives creep me out as well, but what can you do? Like someone mentioned above, there are fans like this in every fanbase.

+1

=>

Thank you! :D

Now I know your not the only one but, Before you go and rag on them about the set list understand there situation.

They need to promote the new album... yes then they have a few other song they can put in... in order to keep your head above water in the music industry you have to play what the majority of people want to hear... and promote what's new. SO before you judge them because you pay for a ticket and don't hear you favorite song consider their situation.:musesign:

What? I never said that Muse were the worst band in the world. And no, Matt isn't the most awesome and goodlooking guitarist in the world.

(I just tried arguing like you, You obviously didn't even read what I said, so I'm just doing the same)

Edited by Tjet

As if we don't know that they will be playing a certain amount of The Resistance tracks :rolleyes: They need to realise that they are meant to be playing for the fans who love all of their songs, not just the greatest hits and new album :facepalm: They are turning into a greatest hits band.

Sometimes I understand the arguments against the set list and sometimes I really don't. It must be me personally though, because I don't expect them to pull out a huge amount of random songs that are rarely played like everyone else apparently is. Being all butt sore over things like this doesn't really seem like its worth it honestly.

+Yes they are basically ignoring the set list polls and all that nonsense. I never trusted that to begin with, and hey people are getting Bliss and Citizen Erased. Id kill to at least get one at a gig I'm going too.

Edited by MattXXI

About time!

But no, seriously, I agree. I love NSC and SMBH, but I love them as I love all of their songs! (except The Gallery, someone has to explain what that thing is)

I don't really like people saying "TR sucks, it's all so commercial and blablabla, we want old Muse back" and like you said, those who do like TR and are ok with their evolution get "fusses" let's say...

It's seems as if real Muse fans are those who love CE and Showbiz all the old stuff, etc and are against, dislike GL NSC and the likes.

Believe me, I literally love every song they ever made, but it's not possible that for liking The Resistance and all the controversial songs one isn't a "Real Muse fan".

Btw, (like Raining_Muses said) what the hell would a real Muse fan be?

And about the PT...I'm in the PDT, but I swear to God I never had thoughts that went to far, never! Also because I'm "realtively young" :$ . And if I had slight ones, I almost never made them explicit, I'm mild.

I know it's about the same thing you all have written, but I just wanted to write it in my own words.

Edited by pluginstarlight

Yes, but promoting The Resistance doesn't mean promoting the singles as well now, does it?

I've no problem with hearing songs off of TR, it's what you expect at this moment in time. I have more of a problem about the rest of the set.

Ideally:

Arena tour: 20 songs = 10 TR/7 Other Singles/3 Non Singles

Stadium tour: 25 songs = 11 TR/9 Other Singles/4 Non Singles

Festival: 18 Songs = 9 TR/7 Other Singles/2 Non Singles

Now if the 'other singles' were the singles in Muse's catalogue rotated (say they rotate around 15 in total), and non singles were also rotated (say about 8) then everyone on this board would be laughing...

Hence Muse are playing Interlude/Hysteria at gigs.

As if we don't know that they will be playing a certain amount of The Resistance tracks :rolleyes: They need to realise that they are meant to be playing for the fans who love all of their songs, not just the greatest hits and new album :facepalm: They are turning into a greatest hits band.

I can't honestly imagine how horrible a 'greatest hits' Muse gig would be.

Sometimes I understand the arguments against the set list and sometimes I really don't. It must be me personally though, because I don't expect them to pull out a huge amount of random songs that are rarely played like everyone else apparently is. Being all butt sore over things like this doesn't really seem like its worth it honestly.

+Yes they are basically ignoring the set list polls and all that nonsense. I never trusted that to begin with, and hey people are getting Bliss and Citizen Erased. Id kill to at least get one at a gig I'm going too.

It's when you get the same setlist twice in 9 months. They were so lack lustre at T in the Park.

I saw them in November, and really enjoyed it, mainly because we got MKUltra for the first time, and seeing other songs from TR live.

But when you turn up to a festival 9 months later and get the same set, minus 3 songs (2 of which are your favourite (MK and Exo)) and in a slightly different order, it kind of pisses you off.

I didn't travel from Milton Keynes to Scotland to see that.

The main reason I went to T in the Park was to see Muse. If Muse weren't there I wouldn't have gone.