Thanks for the information dead-duck...you are too wise!!!

And, iNGO, I would have to agree...if they sang Sing For Absolution/Megalomania...I would freak out myself!! I was just jammin' to Megalomania on my way to work and home the other day!!! Awesomeeeeee songs!!!!!

So tickets aren't available via Ticketmaster or any of the "regular" sites -- I went to the site at 9:58 an kept refreshing my screen so that I could get in right at 10. Only to find out that, online or by phone, you have to create an account with the arena BEFORE you can buy tickets!!! Holy crap!!! So it ended up that I did better with the presale tickets than I did with regular on sale.

I have a pair of GA and a pair in section 103 (row G). One pair will go up for sale on the forum depending on who goes with me to the gig and where they want to sit... ;)

"No Video Recording or pro-photography allowed without proper credential (no extended lens); Regular personal cameras are permitted."

This is what the site says...I hope I can take my camera...when I went to the show in Vegas, they said I couldn't take my "type" of camera in...I have a Nikon Coolpix P90...I have a small Canon that takes excellent pics but doesn't zoom too well...but if I'm on the floor...I guess it wouldn't matter anyways! lol

Maybe it'll change once we get closer to the date...that what's happened at 1st Mariner.

so presale still works,

whoever bought it on pre-sale did it charge you 3$ postage?

with postage on pre-sale 2 GA comes to $115.50

on the venue's site it comes to $115.25 huh? cheaper???

and whoever lives nearby, could you please let us know if we need to pre-order venue's parking? $14.35 in advance :eek:

Why does TM have Muse tix for every place BUT Virginia? Can you only get them from John Paul Jones Arena? That's bizaar!;)

Probably to do with the fact that LiveNation/Musictoday does ticketing for JPJ, but as they are all the same company now, I suspect it could change.

so presale still works,

whoever bought it on pre-sale did it charge you 3$ postage?

with postage on pre-sale 2 GA comes to $115.50

on the venue's site it comes to $115.25 huh? cheaper???

I was charged the $3 for postage :)

and whoever lives nearby, could you please let us know if we need to pre-order venue's parking? $14.35 in advance :eek:

$15 for parking is :noey: but then I did pay $20 to park in Baltimore so :erm:

You can absolutely walk from there. Probably about 20 min walk?

I just booked a room at the Cavalier Inn as well. Thanks for the info about walking distance. I saw that the EconoLodge was even closer but the review I read about a girl waking up with a bug on her face and the discovery of bedbugs freaked me out a little...

I'd like to know that, too. We're going to be staying at the Cavalier Inn...wonder if we can walk from there?

It's, at most, a ten minute walk from the Cav Inn (which is on the corner of Emmett and University). Just go up 29, you'll see the JPJ right there.

Cavalier Inn is a fine place to stay for the concert. Econo Lodge is a bit more of a dodgy place. If you want to get a taste of the University, you could stay at the Red Roof Inn on West Main (legitimately 300 feet from my house). Right on the corner, good bars/restaurants around, a good area.

Edit: "The corner" is a local hangout for students - an extended strip of stores/restaurants. I recommend Little John's :D

It's, at most, a ten minute walk from the Cav Inn (which is on the corner of Emmett and University). Just go up 29, you'll see the JPJ right there.

Cavalier Inn is a fine place to stay for the concert. Econo Lodge is a bit more of a dodgy place. If you want to get a taste of the University, you could stay at the Red Roof Inn on West Main (legitimately 300 feet from my house). Right on the corner, good bars/restaurants around, a good area.

Edit: "The corner" is a local hangout for students - an extended strip of stores/restaurants. I recommend Little John's :D

Ugh, stay away from the Econolodge. Cavalier Inn will be closest or there is a Mariott Suites place on Millmont behind Barracks Road that will also be close.

If you want to see where the students hang out then the corner is where it's at although parking is absolutely hellish. If you're looking for other things to do in the area, just ask, but I reckoning most people are just coming in for the show.

Guest frankdotcom
Yeah William and Mary! I go there actually... and Charlottesville is only two hours away, not that bad.

That's cool - me and my friend are coming over as exchange students next year. :) What's Williamsburg/Virginia usually like for gigs?

I know right?? It's going to be so amazing!!

Though, I'm not looking forward to AFTER the concert...I was really depressed last time that it was over :supersad:

I was just thinking that today (I'm so Debbie Downer!) ... it's going to be so sad when this one ends. I mean, at least last time I had hope of seeing them again this year. After Charlottesville, we're going to have to wait until they make another album.:'(

I was just thinking that today (I'm so Debbie Downer!) ... it's going to be so sad when this one ends. I mean, at least last time I had hope of seeing them again this year. After Charlottesville, we're going to have to wait until they make another album.:'(

:'( So true.

But at least we are able to see them one last time! :awesome:

Archived