I thought that as another possibility too... having backup necks that can just be bolted on in a moment's notice. I mean, the Glitterati is a high-profile guitar. People expect to see it. And a new neck would take about a month to complete, due to the curing time of the lacquer finish, so building a whole new neck every time would be out of the question... good thinking.

Yeah, well when the neck snapped last time I'm sure he had it out again, like, the next day or something so he must have some extras :D I'm just hoping he doesn't do any damage to the body or anything :(

If he wants rid of it, I'll happily take it! :D

Yeah, well when the neck snapped last time I'm sure he had it out again, like, the next day or something so he must have some extras :D I'm just hoping he doesn't do any damage to the body or anything :(

If he wants rid of it, I'll happily take it! :D

Haha, same. Although if anything fatal does happen, it'll probably be put beside the M1D1 at Manson's. As I said, it is a very high-profile guitar, being in the Uprising video and many live performances since. I doubt they'd just chuck it in a dumpster.

But yeah, the deciding factor is the body. You can replace the pickups and electronics, you can replace the neck and the hardware, but the body is the guitar, in my opinion. Like... if you got a guitar, but put a new body on there while leaving everything else stock, I don't think you could call it the same guitar.

It would be crap if they did replace the body. It wouldn't be the Glitterati any more. Glitterati #2 (or Son Of Glitterati, Bride of Glitterati, The Second Coming Of The Glitterati), definitely. But not the Glitterati.

Makes me wonder what they do with all those old necks...

I thought that as another possibility too... having backup necks that can just be bolted on in a moment's notice. I mean, the Glitterati is a high-profile guitar. People expect to see it. And a new neck would take about a month to complete, due to the curing time of the lacquer finish, so building a whole new neck every time would be out of the question... good thinking.

they quoted me five months for a new neck, so i'd assume he has a case of them.

if that is true about the necks breaking like that. (i recall the whole 'spare necks' thing was from 2001 or so). i've looked closely and to be honest, the neck doesn't seem to have changed on this one..

new in 2007:

41_main-1.jpg

recently:

11.jpg

maybe i'm looking into it too much...

it's possible, but i don't think there's more than one of these guitars anyway. if there are, they look identical...

US winner of Myspace (Matt Arena) talked to Matt about this very issue--can't remember what he said exactly but I know it's around here somewhere...

they quoted me five months for a new neck, so i'd assume he has a case of them.

if that is true about the necks breaking like that. (i recall the whole 'spare necks' thing was from 2001 or so). i've looked closely and to be honest, the neck doesn't seem to have changed on this one..

new in 2007:

41_main-1.jpg

recently:

11.jpg

maybe i'm looking into it too much...

it's possible, but i don't think there's more than one of these guitars anyway. if there are, they look identical...

I know for a fact (via Matt B. to Matt Arena) that they do replace the necks--and did so most recently at the show where Matt threw the glitterati and the neck got some nicks on it (the neck didn't snap btw)

From what I remember Matt A. saying, it seemed to be a fairly quick process

US winner of Myspace (Matt Arena) talked to Matt about this very issue--can't remember what he said exactly but I know it's around here somewhere...

*ahem*

Well in my expert opinion...:p

Matt said that if the neck snaps they can just pull it off and place a new one on. Kinda like putting together the Guitar Hero/Rockband controller (or as Dom eloquently put it, like a detachable penis). If the body breaks like on the M1D1, then it's pretty much fucked. It would take one hell of a beating to break it though. On his normal tosses they usually just get banged up (Matt said in Settle, it just had a few chips in the finish).

So even if the neck breaks, they'd just pop a new one on and it'd be fine. Don't think this bit was in the interview vid btw, was one of the bits that got cut. So unless Matt went apeshit on it, I'm sure it's fine.

*ahem*

Well in my expert opinion...:p

Matt said that if the neck snaps they can just pull it off and place a new one on. Kinda like putting together the Guitar Hero/Rockband controller (or as Dom eloquently put it, like a detachable penis). If the body breaks like on the M1D1, then it's pretty much fucked. It would take one hell of a beating to break it though. On his normal tosses they usually just get banged up (Matt said in Settle, it just had a few chips in the finish).

So even if the neck breaks, they'd just pop a new one on and it'd be fine. Don't think this bit was in the interview vid btw, was one of the bits that got cut.

HAHAHA so humble :rolleyes: hehe

yes, that part got cut out b/c of detachable penises, huh? :LOL:

HAHAHA so humble :rolleyes: hehe

yes, that part got cut out b/c of detachable penises, huh? :LOL:

I guess. They said fuck and shit a bunch of times so I don't know if it was a content thing. It was actually quite interesting and informative (the guitar talk not the penises, that was just out of left field and weird). I think if the body breaks then that's it. Don't think Hugh Manson makes spares with the original.

I guess. They said fuck and shit a bunch of times so I don't know if it was a content thing. It was actually quite interesting and informative (the guitar talk not the penises, that was just out of left field and weird). I think if the body breaks then that's it. Don't think Hugh Manson makes spares with the original.

just noticed your sig...hilarious!

Haha, same. Although if anything fatal does happen, it'll probably be put beside the M1D1 at Manson's. As I said, it is a very high-profile guitar, being in the Uprising video and many live performances since. I doubt they'd just chuck it in a dumpster.

But yeah, the deciding factor is the body. You can replace the pickups and electronics, you can replace the neck and the hardware, but the body is the guitar, in my opinion. Like...if you got a guitar, but put a new body on there while leaving everything else stock, I don't think you could call it the same guitar.

It would be crap if they did replace the body. It wouldn't be the Glitterati any more. Glitterati #2 (or Son Of Glitterati, Bride of Glitterati, The Second Coming Of The Glitterati), definitely. But not the Glitterati.

Makes me wonder what they do with all those old necks...

Reminded me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbha4XclSMU

:LOL: Trigger...

:LOL: yeah someone in the rock am ring thread said that in response to Matt's concerns over their reception from a hard rock crowd. It made me literally lol.

yes, I LOL'd for real too! :LOL: oh my gosh, I really hope that went through someone's brain for real at that show hahaha

I am waiting for the day the guitar turns around and belts the shit outta him??

Now that video looks like something crapped out on the guitar and needless to say hes pissed off about it ;) like any artistic person would when something of thiers that is part of thier craft doesnt do what they are supposed to do..

Lot's of people are saying that if the body's fucked, then that's it, but I swear someone said before (might have been james90 a few months ago) that the blackie was split into multiple bits and had to get fixed or something which is why it missed glastonbury and stuff... and if that's true people will ask why didn't they fix the M1D1, but iuno if the perspex top would affect that in any way...

iuno

Lot's of people are saying that if the body's fucked, then that's it, but I swear someone said before (might have been james90 a few months ago) that the blackie was split into multiple bits and had to get fixed or something which is why it missed glastonbury and stuff... and if that's true people will ask why didn't they fix the M1D1, but iuno if the perspex top would affect that in any way...

iuno

yeah, i think it was rust_relic that told me that, but then musecasters recently said it wasn't. don't know what really happened to be honest.

Archived