Wedding songs?

spaced

So I'm getting married on May 1st (extremely soon) and my fiancé and I are both ridiculous Muse fanatics and we'd very much like to play a Muse song as a Wedding March alternative.

I'm running out of time to decide, so what suggestions do you have? If it were your wedding what would you play? Or if you have played a Muse song at your wedding, what was it?

Please share! :)

Knights of Cydonia intro. Hahaha. Come charging in to your marriage with gusto! I'd totally do it if I got married to a Muse fanatic.

I wouldn't go with a Muse love song. They all seem too bittersweet for me and I'd rather do something more feel good. (Not Feeling Good, though. I would play it at some point, but not to replace the Wedding March :LOL:)

Congrats on getting married, btw! :D:dance:

Thanks for the input! I actually just listened to instrumental versions of Blackout and Falling Away With You, and those might be some serious possibilities.

I kind of wish my fiancé wasn't the only person I knew who could play their songs. Having someone play Falling Away With You on acoustic I think would be pretty cool.

As far as Knights goes, I think that would be an awesome way to end the ceremony! Very epic.

No one coming to my wedding will expect to have their minds blown, I'm sure.

falling away with you

invincible

unintended

endlessly

i belong to you

I agree. Also maybe blackout, starlight, invincible, TIRO, or even hysteria too. :)lol

Any of those would work.

Especially starlight

Congrats on getting married too!:D

Thanks for the input! I actually just listened to instrumental versions of Blackout and Falling Away With You, and those might be some serious possibilities.

I kind of wish my fiancé wasn't the only person I knew who could play their songs. Having someone play Falling Away With You on acoustic I think would be pretty cool.

As far as Knights goes, I think that would be an awesome way to end the ceremony! Very epic.

Ooh, Knights as a way of ending the ceremony! That's a fantastic idea, didn't think of that. And instrumental of Blackout sounds amazing, too. It always makes me cry just listening to it regularly, at a wedding no one will have dry eyes! :LOL:

OMG, I am having MUSE music play at my wedding too (the same month as yours to top it all)... Awesome...

We picked Undisclosed Desires for one of our dances... :)

Good luck to you!

Oh yeah, as far as the reception goes, there are so many songs I'd like to play. It's really hard narrowing those down!

Are you playing any song in particular for the wedding march?

My original plan was to track them down when they were in Nashville and somehow convince them to play at my wedding. Somehow that didn't work out though....

Ooooh, you know what would be cool, they have that version of Blackout from the HAARP DVD that they roll with the credits, just the strings... It's sooooooo beautiful. I'll go see if I can find it.

Knights would be such and epic exit song. :LOL:

Here, I found it!! Sorry for the really bad quality. I'll keep an eye out for better ones. :)

Ooooh, you know what would be cool, they have that version of Blackout from the HAARP DVD that they roll with the credits, just the strings... It's sooooooo beautiful. I'll go see if I can find it.

Knights would be such and epic exit song. :LOL:

Here, I found it!! Sorry for the really bad quality. I'll keep an eye out for better ones. :)

Wow, I really love that! That is so perfect.

If I find a better quality version that will be great. But if not, it may not matter too much. My wedding will be outdoors, by the ocean in fact. So there may be enough ambient noise to where no one takes notice of the quality. Maybe...

At least I have something. Thanks for the suggestion!

A friend of mine got married last year and they played KoC as their intro song into the reception. It was awesome! He also did the David Brent dance at one point during the night :LOL:

As far as wedding songs go, I'd say Blackout. The lyrics are kinda downers for a wedding, but it's still a very beautiful song. Maybe Endlessly, it's a bit fast but still quite fitting. I've always thought Soldier's Poem sounded like a nice wedding song, but the lyrics are totally wrong.

You could always go with The Small Print or Dead Star though :chuckle:

Archived