hardest muse song for vocals

TheFury17

I don't think Micro Cuts is that hard...

It is, if you don't want to make it sound ridiculous, hyper music isn't that difficult, don't be afraid of the high notes and your set.

I think if it's in your range and you have a trained voice, none of the songs are really difficult.

Last note in Showbiz might be hard to pull of, and micro cuts beacuse you have to climb all the way up to those high notes.

I find the falsetto parts to showbiz and Microcuts to actually be really easy. Only problem is that my voice is very inconsistent. Some days it'll be real easy to hit those notes with power. Some days my voice is lacking in energy and will sound weak. Don't have to actually struggle to reach the notes though. Find them quite easy for me.

I find the top of my chest voice range to be G#3, and I lack vocal training or good vocal technique so any song sung by Matt to be difficult really :LOL:

Range wise probably hyper music, simply cause it's on the edge of my head voice range. It's definitely doable though without too much hassle, though I have had vocal training. Definitely a song that tests your breathing technique anyway.

In terms of having it sound right probably anything like supermassive blackhole, falsetto requires much more attention from me in order to make it sound good, not just hit the notes.

hyper music the screams are very hard , so fillip at bizarre too.

lemme quote from OP "I want to know whats your hardest song to sing from Muse."

Well, screaming isn't really singing, is it?

Everything matt screamed in the early days (well OoS too) is 'hard', don't really think it's possibly to copy that from him without really destroying your throat.

Though yeah, singing hyper music i have to admint isn't easy I guess.

• 5 months later...
hyper music the screams are very hard , so fillip at bizarre too.

Yeah, Hyper Music is definitely hard for that reason. Same for Dead Star, the screaming (especially the recorded version) is really difficult.

Micro Cuts has got to be the hardest song to sing, though. That falsetto... whoa.

Well, im a singer-guitarist and plays their songs. I think for me, Stockholm Syndrome is the hardest song to sing. This song has so much falsetto which includes the epic chorus. Needs so much air to breathe before I can sing the long chorus. Maybe for me another underrated song is Sing For Absolution. So much energy in this song. And so is the vocals. It has beautiful falsetto vocals on verses.

I really have a terrible vocal range, and can usually only sing sections of Muse songs, but the falsetto parts I love. I was always told falsetto is easy for males, I guess it just varies between people because I can hit the notes in micro-cuts with power and I don't feel any sort of strain during or afterwards, I also recorded myself and I think I get them quite accurate. But as I said, put a normal song in front of me, and I suck, so yeah...

lemme quote from OP "I want to know whats your hardest song to sing from Muse."

Well, screaming isn't really singing, is it?

Everything matt screamed in the early days (well OoS too) is 'hard', don't really think it's possibly to copy that from him without really destroying your throat.

Though yeah, singing hyper music i have to admint isn't easy I guess.

Pedanticy at its finest.

• 5 years later...

I find most of the falsetto parts hard, but I'm working on that... My falsetto voice is improving, but I just can't reach their highest notes (With falsetto, my voice goes from about E2 (depends on the day and how much I've "warmed up") to about A4 (I'm not sure exactly).

I usually drop the high bits, because I want to sing it all, but probably Hyper Music or something like that (I can in no way TRY to sing Micro Cuts at the correct pitch). Big ranges more than high-pitched because it's harder to transpose wider ranges and keep the jumps the same in my range.

I find most of the falsetto parts hard, but I'm working on that... My falsetto voice is improving, but I just can't reach their highest notes (With falsetto, my voice goes from about E2 (depends on the day and how much I've "warmed up") to about A4 (I'm not sure exactly).

:LOL: I know that feeling although it applies to my lower notes, I've got a strong falsetto and can belt some pretty high notes but the bottom end of my voice is all other the place depending on various factors (weather, air quality, time of day, moon phase!)

Give me showbiz era muse and I'm comfortable, I can even do the crazy hullabaloo falsetto screams but anything from the resistance onwards can cause me issues I go flat so easily sometimes on the lower theatrical notes, don't even get me started on how much I hate the word soul :LOL: Anyone have any advice with the lower notes, I think it's because I relax too much on but I'm not sure how to hit them otherwise :rolleyes:

Archived