I know what you mean. I was at the barrier in Atlanta, and still had plenty of room to jump around. From what I've been reading, the US shows so far are a lot more "tame" than others. I'm not sure how much of this is just us being "lame", or a cultural thing, but personally I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and as long as I have time to wait it out all day, I can't imagine ever having seats. It seems like the crowds have still been energetic for the most part, but not nearly as violent as I was expecting.

For me I think it was more "tame" because I was over by Chris where it is in fact a lot more relaxed, but you're right, I don't think it would be nearly as enjoyable as it was if I had a seat. I think if someone doesn't mind getting squished by crowd surges, and has the time to wait in line for a few hours/get up very early for a wristband, then GA is the best way to go. It's definitely not as violent as I expected it to be, and I'm 4' 9" standing at a barrier!

Unless it's sold out, I'm getting GA for every Muse gig I go to because it's pointless to have a seat if I'm not going to be sitting. There's just to much energy in the crowd and the songs to just stand there or sit down. Not to mention, GA get's some of the band's stuff afterwords ;) I got the setlist and a balloon, and almost had Chris's harmonica, but he threw it a bit too far to the left (and even though he was a total d-bag, I didn't want to elbow the guy next to me in the face).

:$:$

Whooops, seems like I got quite a scolding in here. :unsure: My apologies. GA n00b here. :erm:

I did get in line early--well, 6 hours before the show, and lined up under the burning sun just like almost everyone else. I do realize I brought it upon myself, and I did realize at that time that what I did was rude and annoying. but in this part of the world we only get one Muse gig every few years (not even in my own country), and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to see them again, so I went for it and squeezed myself to the front anyway. I know I was wrong, but I didn't fly a thousand miles away from home to be drowned in the crowd, hence my "damn y'all I have to be in front" attitude. :stunned:

Well, in case I get another chance to see them again at least I'll know what to observe next time. thanks guys.

I just hope you didn't actually go for the barrier otherwise you're an utter twat. I was getting mega angry at a premiere the other week. People doing the typical "I am going to stand sideways and edge my way in so nobody notices" No, I know that move anywhere and I notice. Get the fuck out you twat. It really honestly angers me. If you're 5 2 then try for barrier or be prepared for that exact atmosphere.

Thankful for this thread! My problem is my friend is quite short and I'm extremely fragile and weak so yeah.. now I know what to expect :p But hopefully we'll survive? :LOL:

Which gig are you going to? I'm guessing a summer festival gig? You have a few months to work on your upper body strength...

So this is for all the people who have been to gigs on the American leg of the tour.

I am headed to the portland show and I was wondering that if I lined up at noon, would it be early enough to get barrier or not? I've heard people say that the GA line isn't too long at noon, but i'm not sure.

Or at all the gigs do they have bracelets so if you get there at like 8:00 AM they give you a bracelet with a number on it because I have heard of some venues doing that.

Any info is appreciated!

So this is for all the people who have been to gigs on the American leg of the tour.

I am headed to the portland show and I was wondering that if I lined up at noon, would it be early enough to get barrier or not? I've heard people say that the GA line isn't too long at noon, but i'm not sure.

Or at all the gigs do they have bracelets so if you get there at like 8:00 AM they give you a bracelet with a number on it because I have heard of some venues doing that.

Any info is appreciated!

I reckon your best bet would probably be to call the venue beforehand and ask if they give numbered bracelets out in the morning.

A long time ago on this thread, there was a link to some really good earplugs on amazon. Does anyone have this link? I've went through about 20 pages and haven't seen it and I can't look anymore!

i just buy ones from the chemist and dispose of them after the show...i get the ones that are like little cylinders cos they completely block out the sound (well not all but you know what i mean) and do the job but the shaped sort of ones done work so good...they cost about $1 each in australia...so not sure how much they are elsewhere...

im kind of surprised that muse shows on this tour are still considered rough. There setlist while really good is soft. besides a few songs like plug in baby, stockholm and hysteria. People actually mosh to songs like feeling good? guiding light? exogenesis? lol

There is a fair balance of soft songs, but the way I see it.

Head bobbers(Just plain catchy songs):

Uprising

Resistance

Supermasive Black Hole

Undisclosed desires

Time is running out.

But I would definitely get super pumped for:

MK Ultra

Hysteria

Plug In Baby

Unnatural Selection

Stockholm Syndrome

Knights of Cydonia

But those are just my reactions to the songs.

Any info is appreciated!

It sort of depends. For my Fairfax show, I arrived at 11am and got barrier. For my Baltimore show I arrived at 3pm and still got barrier.

It also depends on the venue. Some venues give you wristbands in the mornings, some give you wristbands right before you go in which happened for my gigs. Yeah, call up the venue if you want to know some info about those particulars. (wristbands, etc.)

I think you can just ignore that because there's no seats on the floor for the Muse gig. :)

Hopefully, I've seen them do floor seats at US Airways Center but not for anything like this, I don't know how they would manage that anyway. My friend is calling about queuing stuff so I'll just tell her to mention that to make sure.

i searched this thread and couldn't find my answer but sorry if its been asked already...

If you are at barrier for their shows, will you miss a lot of action when they are atop the pillars? I know they start the first two songs up there and I'm wondering if I'll miss seeing them if i'm all the way up at front.

So can you see the show well if you are right up front?

im kind of surprised that muse shows on this tour are still considered rough. There setlist while really good is soft. besides a few songs like plug in baby, stockholm and hysteria. People actually mosh to songs like feeling good? guiding light? exogenesis? lol

i know...its not rough usually only in the predictible songs...who moshes to FG and GL??? wtf? :LOL:

i searched this thread and couldn't find my answer but sorry if its been asked already...

If you are at barrier for their shows, will you miss a lot of action when they are atop the pillars? I know they start the first two songs up there and I'm wondering if I'll miss seeing them if i'm all the way up at front.

ummm you will have to crane your neck a bit i think...i had to look up quite a bit and i wasnt on the barrier at the O2 arena shows...so i dont know...but they only go up on those during a few songs...

My view from right on the barrier at one of the London gigs;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EijMtTgpe9M&feature=PlayList&p=5A830690BEE9E409&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAHrFqp-K8c&feature=PlayList&p=5A830690BEE9E409&index=2

wow...which O2 show were you at? i went to both but had nosebleed seats the first night...second night i was prob about 10 or so metres from where you were in those vids...i was on the edge of the crowd cos it was spacious enough for me to go nuts in hehe :)

wow...which O2 show were you at? i went to both but had nosebleed seats the first night...second night i was prob about 10 or so metres from where you were in those vids...i was on the edge of the crowd cos it was spacious enough for me to go nuts in hehe :)

I was at the first night:) Supposedly the 'shit' night.

Well yeah, the setlist was nowhere near as good as the second night but I had an amazing time!;)

I was at the first night:) Supposedly the 'shit' night.

Well yeah, the setlist was nowhere near as good as the second night but I had an amazing time!;)

well i had shit seats for the supposedly shit night...but second night was AMAZING...plus they played MK Ultra which made me so happy :) but alas no sunburn :(