OMG that show was AWESOME!!! I've been to a tons of gigs in my life and I think that was the most visually stimulating experience ever at a concert!!! Props to the lighting/laser guy.

Thanks to everyone there for cheering and screaming so loud, hopefully because of that Muse will come back to the Bay Area in the fall!! :p

And thanks to Muse for putting on an excellent show!!! Wish I'd gone to more Muse gigs now!!! :musesign:

Someone a couple pages ago asked what time Muse left..? I think?

Well anyways they left just before 1:30. We were standing RIGHT BY their Suburban, and unfortunately just before they left like ten other people came over. The security guard who told us they would be coming out there got kinda pissed at the other people for getting there.. he said to them he only gave us permission to be there. So we think if it was only the four of us instead of the FOURTEEN of us that were over there, they probably would've stopped their Suburban. But anyways, we waved to them through the window of the car, and they looked at us but kept their windows rolled up. :[

We were close..

And hey skiby...did you have long black hair with bangs and a pink DSi? My wife and I may have been right across from you on the bridge and didn't know it! I just can't think of a better group to shiver my buns off with while waiting for a show!

And huge props to the main woman organizing the line, as well as everyone backing her up (is she a board member? what's her name?). Yes, I admit I had my doubts, but it actually worked ok in the end!

Yes, that was me! I didn't know who was a board member in line and I felt weird asking people if they were. I kind of wish I made an effort now because I was getting so bored and impatient in line.

I haven't had a chance to read any of this thread since Tuesday night, so I plan to read everything tonight. But omg I had so much fun!!! Yes, I was the line lady--I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my green sharpie!! Our line party up front was amazing, hanging with great friends from Israel, LA, San Diego, Redding, Mexico, etc, and my family from the east bay. It was a looooooong day, but so worth it! I hate that this is over, and can't wait until the fall. I wish I had met more boardies who were there, so in the fall we'll definitely have an organized meet-up.

Regarding the crowd in during the show, after the completely tame pit in Las Vegas, I was really surprised at how wild Oakland was, but I loved it. And I've never seen the band so into it (although I've only seen them 5 times).

Anyway, we had a great time on Wed. See you all next time!

Thank you for organizing everything! I think it would've been total chaos if we didn't have the number system, especially since they made us go back to the bridge. It sucks that those three kids didn't care and cut a bunch of people in line, though. I hope that the next fall show in the bay area will be at a better organized venue.

Oh, and I was the one who was walking with you after the show. My friend was telling me she was worried because we left you by yourself! And then there was the weirdo guy asking for money and robbing people in the area, so I'm glad to see that you're OK.

it was nice hanging out with you two in the walkway also! haha cool we're in one of yur pics =)

Hey girl! it was really nice hanging out with you and kournut while we waited in line... wish we had spend more time together :( but hopefully I'll see you guys in future shows...

btw, does anyone know if Muse or sspu ended up coming out after the show? left a little before 1am

ugh I really wanna know if they came out or not... me and some peeps waited by the north entrance until 1am, but then we left cause this one weird guy kept creeping us out...:rolleyes:

ugh I really wanna know if they came out or not... me and some peeps waited by the north entrance until 1am, but then we left cause this one weird guy kept creeping us out...:rolleyes:

I replied to this question a little bit above here. They came out the VIP entrance a little before 1:30.

Yes, that was me! I didn't know who was a board member in line and I felt weird asking people if they were. I kind of wish I made an effort now because I was getting so bored and impatient in line.

Awesome! Your update about being in line and getting #21 was THE reason I got off my butt and came over...I would've said thanks in person if I knew! I came in (at the bridge) with a tan cap, shades, and a green zip up jacket, and my wife had a red sweater on. We happened to sit down right next to JessicaSarahS.:cool:

Yes, I was the line lady--I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my green sharpie!!

Well, it's FAR better to have a few annoyed than a whole crowd annoyed with each other. Someone needed to take charge or, like skiby said, it would have been chaos and I'm sure more confrontation than necessary. I was just grateful that someone took charge early enough to issue everyone numbers right away and give the system momentum. Made it a MUCH more enjoyable experience. I salute you!!! :cool:

Hi all!

I don't post because I am terrible at keeping up with message boards anymore. But! I bring some presents. A couple of you posted a link to one of the cell phone pictures I took (way back on page 70, I think).

The rest of my photos (taken with my regular point-and-shoot) are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karakent/sets/72157623862261818/

I'm going to work on adding a few of them to the Tour Dates section of the site.

My friend and I had an OUTSTANDING time at the show, glad to hear a lot of others did as well. Oh, and heckling the TRUST JESUS people lurking around the line to get in. That was priceless.

Best. Concert. Ever.

I had a blast. Thanks to Jessica and her crew for letting me tag along...and do my best not to crush Jessica lol. Thanks to the two nice girls that hung out with me in line for a bit on the walkway...forgive me for forgetting names. Props to the one girl who had a seat ticket but decided to roll with us to the barrier. And the two guys with the gummy bears in line...good times. Thanks to the couple from Israel that were really cool to hang with especially since they knew it was my first Muse show...and since theyre the ones that got MK played. You all rock and helped to make the experience for me as fun as possible.

HELLO!!!! :D

Hey it's Ortal, the girl from Israel who was with you awesome people in line! How are you?

I really glad you had a great concert! and MU Ultra in your first Muse concert! (thanks to us ha? :LOL:).

Ohhh... and Oron (the other Israeli guy) and I are not a couple :rolleyes:... just a very good old friends.

I probably will be stuck here in the US more then we planed 'couse of the europe volcano ash and stuff, but I have our group picture and I will uplaod her as soon as I can.

It was really nice to meet you all. you are great.

Ortal.

I haven't had a chance to read any of this thread since Tuesday night, so I plan to read everything tonight. But omg I had so much fun!!! Yes, I was the line lady--I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my green sharpie!! Our line party up front was amazing, hanging with great friends from Israel, LA, San Diego, Redding, Mexico, etc, and my family from the east bay. It was a looooooong day, but so worth it! I hate that this is over, and can't wait until the fall. I wish I had met more boardies who were there, so in the fall we'll definitely have an organized meet-up.

Regarding the crowd in during the show, after the completely tame pit in Las Vegas, I was really surprised at how wild Oakland was, but I loved it. And I've never seen the band so into it (although I've only seen them 5 times).

Anyway, we had a great time on Wed. See you all next time!

Were you the one with the Absolution shoes???

Yes our said of Matt was really good ha?

I had a good time :).

What? There were Jesus freaks bothering you all?

Didn't you tell them that the Holy Trinity is Matt, Dom & Chris? :D:p

Haha. Yes, they were standing outside with signs and telling us we were all going to Hell, rock is the music of The Devil, ladies need to put more clothes on, gays are awful, etc...

My friend said "I'm not religious, but there's more of the voice of God in what Matt Bellamy does than what these guys are saying." To which I responded "Amen!"

I lied. I was going to read this thread tonight, but I've spent the last few hours reading this instead of working! I'm going through heavy withdrawal right now re-living Wed.

Hi Ortal! Nope, no cool shoes, I'm the one who numbered everyone, and Laurel's mom. She said she had a blast with you and Oron after the show. And sorry it took so long to find Denny's!! haha

Haha. Yes, they were standing outside with signs and telling us we were all going to Hell, rock is the music of The Devil, ladies need to put more clothes on, gays are awful, etc...

My friend said "I'm not religious, but there's more of the voice of God in what Matt Bellamy does than what these guys are saying." To which I responded "Amen!"

That is so frightening! And not very Christian-like behavior from what it sounds like. :indiff: Stuff like that really gets me fired up! :fear:

I lied. I was going to read this thread tonight, but I've spent the last few hours reading this instead of working! I'm going through heavy withdrawal right now re-living Wed.

Hi Ortal! Nope, no cool shoes, I'm the one who numbered everyone, and Laurel's mom. She said she had a blast with you and Oron after the show. And sorry it took so long to find Denny's!! haha

oohhhh!!! Hey, sorry Sharon :). how are you?

Don't worry about the Denny's :LOL: we had good time and lots of food. Thanx!

Send Hey to Laurel, yeah we actually had fun at the after show!

Liron sending you hello too :).

OMG! :facepalm:

If I was there with you guys, I would have started singing "Take A Bow" or "Apocalypse Please" or "Sing For Absolution" or "Glorious" or "Fury" or "Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist" or something and gotten everyone in line fired up and scare the crap out of those weirdos. :LOL::D

Seriously...seeing Muse *is* a religious experience. Especially your first time. :)

Amen to that! :D

Hey all, first time posting but long time Muse fan. Just wanted to add my tidbits from the show in regards to the jams!

At the end of Hysteria, they actually jammed to Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion hard rock riff. That was awesome. They teased Take A Bow before playing Feeling Good. They definitely played the Enter Sandman riff, though I can't remember when I heard it exactly. After TIRO, Matt played a riff of Audioslave's "Cochise" and after SS he played the riff from Nirvana's "School".

So a lot of homage riffs from the gang at the show!! I totally dug it. It was the 3rd Muse show I've seen. I still think the show at the Bill Graham was the best, but in terms of a setup, man, those towers were amazing!! And I'd been purposely avoiding these boards so I wouldn't know what the setlist would be. I didn't know MK Ultra was a rarity to be played live and I'm SO glad they played it live at my show, it's my favorite song off Resistance!

Great show all around and again, Muse proves they are the best live band on the planet!

I'm uploading my pics as we speak. 72% done.

There's kind of...198 of them. Look through them all, I promise they're good. Heh.

Enjoy :)

Video to follow I hope.

They are fantastic photos, thanks. :) Well I looked through some of them. Matt looks like he's giving it his all.:)

I'm uploading my pics as we speak. 72% done.

There's kind of...198 of them. Look through them all, I promise they're good. Heh.

Enjoy :)

Video to follow I hope.

OMG...your pictures are so AWESOME! They are a great representation of the closeness of that section of seats.

It makes me sad mine turned out so bad. :(

Archived