Oh, just heard from my poor friend who had an awesome time at the gig, but then got mugged on the way home! Buggers got her wallet, mobile phone and most annoyingly her camera with all the gig photos! :-(

Oh that sucks! :(

Late bingo...

The concert was so amazing that I can't pick a favorite moment. I will say that Stockholm Syndrome melted my face. @muse is AMAZING.

It was a unbelievable, surreal, headbanging rock odyssey! I couldn't stop saying to myself, is this for real, is this for real? God, hearing MOTP, SS, MKU, UD live, gah, gives me the shivers now; loved Matt's opening look, his hair was all over the place, the shiny suit and those funky blue glasses!

NicoleW, I think I was there when your friend got robbed! Some crazy guy was asking for money and this guy and his girlfriend stopped to talk to him. We walked ahead and then heard them shouting that the his iphone got snatched! I remember thinking that they shouldn't have stopped to talk to him.

M0_GiLes

got kicked out! and they took my memory card! me and antwone are soo mad we r crying

Wow, that sucks so much :(:mad:

Dangggggg.

I could totally imagine that - Dom standing up there singing 'IF YA LIKE IT THEN YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT' while Matt and Chris act as sexy backup dancers :awesome:

My brain, it hurtz.

Do you think they're get rid of them completely now then? I thought they would simply enlarge on the set for the stadium tour. I only got to see the show once :( and the set got more and more impressive as they went I think! I definitely don't manage to see Muse enough! :( It was the most impressive set they've done yet (despite the problems with rigidity) and I hope they manage to capture it properly on the tour DVD if they are going to ditch it.

Can't see the towers being used for the stadium dates, simply because doors open earlier which wouldn't leave enough time to get everything set up.

Oh, just heard from my poor friend who had an awesome time at the gig, but then got mugged on the way home! Buggers got her wallet, mobile phone and most annoyingly her camera with all the gig photos! :-(

:eek: Oh no! Poor thing :( :(

Gig was amazing. Told you we were promised MK Ultra :D

Pit was insane.. in Matt's words 'probably the craziest pit of the tour. It's always crazy in California' YEAH! lol

Did he really say that? Yeah! so proud of the bay for showing Muse the love they deserved!

hey guys! i met a lot of u at the front of the line today and near Matt by the barrier. It was absolutely incredible show to say the least! Matt was on fire and it was great to get map of and mk ultra. loved seeing the dickinson break too.

I got great vids of exogenesis, undisclosed desires, and stockholm syndrome+the riffs (+plus matt breaking the dickinson thing), and i got a clip of him trying to dropkick the eye balloon to the back crowd haha.

anyways im uploading all of them to my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=816910513

can you post a link of the album? can't get past the profile page. I took minimal photos and a clips, was too busy trying to see with my midget self, hahaha. missed some great moments, apparently, but one of my favorites was when Chris lit up when he switched to Matt's side standing up on that podium. Classic!

Wow,what a crazy and amazing concert last night :D.

I loved the setlist since it had both Map and MK,and I ignored Feeling Bore so it was all good.Great energy and performance,crowd was into it,the people sitting around me were going crazy and I was jumping up throughout the whole concert.Went crazy during SS,and surprised how good SMBH is live.

Overall a great concert :D,can't wait for them to return.

Wow. Where to start.

MATT WAS ON FIRE LAST NIGHT! He really seemed to be enjoying himself!

Chris looked kind of upset the whole time, but he seemed to get into it in the end.

Dom....well, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to Dom this time. I thought it was cool how they positioned him to face all the different parts of the audience. :D

MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection and Exogensis BROKE MY BRAIN!! Exo was amazing....I completely melted.

Hated the arena staff, the worst I've encountered at Muse gigs...everyone saying something different, stupid bloody policies, and they start kicking you out like 4 minutes after the show ends. WTF? Shite.

But who cares because Muse was amazing! I would have liked to have seen more variations of the older songs but they were still great! Was really glad to hear a bit of Niche thrown in there! I've not been paying attention to what all the interlude riffs are called now, but I was glad we got the Glasgow Jam (minus bagpipe ;))...that was pretty cool.

Exogensis destroyed my soul......all nice, calm and soothing until BLAST!GUITAR....Matt accomplishes symbiosis with an inanimate object....how?

LOVED ALL THE MIRRORS, THAT WAS GENIUS!!!! I love how far they've come in incorporating the audience without Matt having to speak more. I really want his glasses!

The crowds are insane sometimes, but I'm definitely the only one laughing. No point in getting grouchy at a show, dampens the mood....

Hope everyone taking the BART (the station was packed when I went to my car) got home safely. I saw that post about a mugging, fucking wankers!

Excellent night, great show by the best!

Absolutely amazing 1st Muse show for me! Thanks Liron for telling us that Matt loved the Oakland pit (GREAT JOB pit people!!) I'd say everyone in the seats were standing and moving the whole time. I was lucky to be behind a woman fan who was really into it so I got floor type vibes without braving the floor. The band was as perfect as I could hope for and more. Matt played and sang his heart out. Chris and Dom were fantastic. My only regret was not getting closer seats since from my section I couldn't see the facial expressions but I did get video.

Thanks boardees for all the info and excitement buildup to this incredible night. Muse rules!

NicoleW, I think I was there when your friend got robbed! Some crazy guy was asking for money and this guy and his girlfriend stopped to talk to him. We walked ahead and then heard them shouting that the his iphone got snatched! I remember thinking that they shouldn't have stopped to talk to him.

I think I saw that crazy dude! We were walking back to BART after the show kind of late because it took us forever to get merch and some dude asked us for money. I always say no to those type of people so that sucks that people got robbed. People need to be more careful when in Oakland!

I'm happy that Matt liked the Oakland crowd. I was worried that they would think the U.S. crowds were boring. Makes me proud to be from the bay area. :D

I just gotta ask cos I didn't take ANY pictures at the gig last night - did anyonnnne get a picture of Matt pointing at someone right as he started MKU? :LOL:

Did he really say that? Yeah! so proud of the bay for showing Muse the love they deserved!

Aye aye! I saw him looking as a bunch of people came crowdsurfing on top of our heads so I asked him after 'did you see how insane the pit was?' and he said it was the craziest one of the tour and how it's always crazy here ha! I do remember SF 2007 was just as crazy.

And Jared, Sharon, Helens... everyone I hanged out with yesterday - thanks ! Had a blast. Shame I got so sunburnt... the bay area hates me, always happens here!!

If anyone's down LA area in the next 2-3 days, Ortal and I will be partying hard down there ;) last stop before heading back to Israel.

I just gotta ask cos I didn't take ANY pictures at the gig last night - did anyonnnne get a picture of Matt pointing at someone right as he started MKU? :LOL:

I got video of that! What's the story? Matt was very smug with a few teasers of MKU, then walked to the mike and pointed to someone. It was great.

The show was ridiculous! Holy shit, best concert I've ever been to, ever! And I've been to a lot of different concerts. Wow. We were on the barricade on Matt's side and we were tearing it up!! :LOL: I'm so sore, but it was well worth it. I got a lot of pictures. I'll post them soon. Didn't get to capture any video, security was pretty strict on that. It was great to meet some of you! And our little barricade posse was awesome. Love you guys!

Such a great night, the show had great energy from start to finish. After queueing outside for 4 hours beforehand it sucked that security inside was so crap. No barricades partway through the floor to keep thousands of ppl all crushing forward, and not even a feeble attempt to break things up when the thugster dudes started pushing through and creating a makeshift pit from the onset. Seriously, Resistance is a mosh song now?

It also seemed like the stage hands botched the balloons during Plug In Baby. 2nd chorus instead of 1st chorus meant they didn't start getting burst until well after the band's finale was done. But even that's a trivial complaint, the band was on fire and it was the best crowd I've seen in the US. People knew all the words to the newer singles and choruses on all the singles.

Part of me wishes they'd vary the setlist more (virtually unchanged since we saw them in Dublin last fall), but I understand what's behind it. They're still building momentum in the US, once they've got a setlist with great flow that showcases a good mix of new & old songs they've got to drive that message home in every city :D

My gf was able to get some video from last night, the first couple clips are up:

As of this writing Youtube's showing in slightly blocky standard def. Once they're done processing or whatever they should be much better quality/720p. She'll hopefully have more posted soon. Said she managed to get 10-12 worth putting up on Youtube :D

Part of me wishes they'd vary the setlist more (virtually unchanged since we saw them in Dublin last fall), but I understand what's behind it. They're still building momentum in the US, once they've got a setlist with great flow that showcases a good mix of new & old songs

You actually got the most varied setlist in recent memory, except for maybe Edmonton.

OMG! Last night was so beautiful (that's the only word that can describe it).

I don't know what else to say. My body hurts from jumping around (in the seats), my throat hurts from screaming (I don't know if anyone heard me, but I screamed "Thank You!" after they played "MK Ultra"), my voice is near dead from singing along to everything, and my ears are still ringing and I can't hear properly. :D

I'm glad I went to the merch stand before the concert even started. I got the tour book, tour poster and tour shirt (which I wore throughout the show and slept in last night :LOL:)

Being near Matt's side of the stage was what made it awesome! I was losing my s**t when the sound guys were checking the instruments (especially when I saw the Glitteratti). It was awesome too, because I knew when Matt was in his tower because of the Kaoss pad, and I saw it rising up before the lights went down. :D

I'll post more later as things come back to me. :p

This was the most amazing night of my life... Although GA got a little out of control during the first few songs, but who gives a crap, right? It was an experience like no other. I'm so glad that they played MK Ultra and MOTP... All in all, great concert and I can't wait untill they announce the tour dates for the fall...

Being near Matt's side of the stage was what made it awesome! I was losing my s**t when the sound guys were checking the instruments (especially when I saw the Glitteratti). It was awesome too, because I knew when Matt was in his tower because of the Kaoss pad, and I saw it rising up before the lights went down. :D

Are you the guy who was next to me? I was the girl with the nice camera. :)

Best. Concert. Ever.

I had a blast. Thanks to Jessica and her crew for letting me tag along...and do my best not to crush Jessica lol. Thanks to the two nice girls that hung out with me in line for a bit on the walkway...forgive me for forgetting names. Props to the one girl who had a seat ticket but decided to roll with us to the barrier. And the two guys with the gummy bears in line...good times. Thanks to the couple from Israel that were really cool to hang with especially since they knew it was my first Muse show...and since theyre the ones that got MK played. You all rock and helped to make the experience for me as fun as possible.

Aye aye! I saw him looking as a bunch of people came crowdsurfing on top of our heads so I asked him after 'did you see how insane the pit was?' and he said it was the craziest one of the tour and how it's always crazy here ha! I do remember SF 2007 was just as crazy.

I dint get a pic, but I have a vid of the begining of MK Ultra. it shows Matt pointing at someone in the crowd.

P.s. I overheard someone in line saying that if they played MK, then it was dedicated to him cuz apparently he met the band? idk..

EDIT: Hold on... it was you wasnt it? He pointed at you cuz you were the one who met them... now i remember you , I was right in front of you and your gf when we were waiting outside of the arena. wow, congrats man.

You actually got the most varied setlist in recent memory, except for maybe Edmonton.

Yeah, true. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean it as a complaint. Even with the older stuff they've played at all the shows I've seen them play over the years they're great songs played extremely well, I'm happy to hear & see them again and again. Besides, we've got two more shows coming later in the year (Wembley!).

Archived