Haha I remember that... the entire message board was up in arms over that whole fiasco. I think it was the treasure hunt convinced me to join the boards... though I barely posted back then.

Not me! I had Hyper's back all the way! Matt would never want to do what the Brzezinski wanted

i got mine just by smiling at the captain Kirk :LOL:

oh and by activating station Colossus :LOL:

Originally Posted by City Mouse

I got mine through sspu's label. It really wasn't that difficult, about 2months of e-mails back and forth. I had pre-show and photo cred though, not aftershow hospitality.

i got mine just by smiling at the captain Kirk

oh and by activating station Colossus

P3150021

;) right.

Just got back from the show. SEN F'nSATIONAL is all I can say, they played an awesome set, MK Ultra was in MOP was out....it for mine is the 2nd best gig of the 7 shows I've seen.

Took my best photos to date, was nice to meet the front few in the GA, hope you all had fun!

Post some pics later, the rest tomorrow once I get to Houston!

Really pleased for the 2 young girls who got to meet Matt & Chris in a guitar store...I wonder if they got to meet Dom, they were trying post show as one of them had a hand drawn picture of Dom. Sorry I don't know their names but they were 2 really nice girls, pleased for them.

One of my tweets during the show somehow never ended up on Twitter:

The pit's dead. Step it up, Nashville hipsters!

Honestly, the crowd pretty much sucked. Lots of vocal enthusiasm, but the only times the pit was jumping was for TIRO and Supermassive Black Hole. There were quite a few people there just for Silversun Pickups, but they were converted by the end of the show.

We got three riffs after SS, one more than Detroit. Also, Burning Bridges was played before Starlight which threw me for a loop. I definitely preferred the Detroit concert over this one, but I had seats for Nashville and the barrier for Detroit. Much different feel then.

AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. GOT LOTS OF PICS OF MY WOLSTIE!!!

Also, there was a lull in-between two songs, I don't remember which, and nothing was going on, so the loudest I could, I screamed, "CHRIS I WANT YOU INSIDE OF ME!!!" This girl to my left was all ".....That was amazing. XD"

As my first Muse show, I have to say it was everything I'd hoped it would ever be and even more than I could've imagined. I've been a long-time fan and it was just absolutely ~orgasmic to finally see them live.

definitely felt good down in the pit... I mean the moshing was zero, but that was alright, lots of singing though, and quite a bit of jumping it seemed, but maybe that was just me jumping and headbanging lol

You should've been by me! Loads of jumping, bumping into other people... at one point a crowd surfer fell on me and knocked my camera onto the floor! I was so afraid it was broken but, alas, it's not and I got great pics and vids! I shall post at some point.

Again. AMAZING SHOW MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE.

Eta: Me and my friend Melvie were going to stay after to meet them, but we were so exhausted afterward and had a 2 hour drive back to my hometown. We also had no idea where they would come out to meet people at precisely, not very familiar with the venue and such. T_T (Then again, I've also heard rumors that they've not been meet&greeting much on this tour, so... maybe......

I uploaded it to my Facebook so if you click the link... it will take you there. Not totally sure if you have to add me or not to see it, don't know if I have the privacy up. If it does, you all can obviously send me an invite. Any Muse fan is a friend of mine. Sound quality and video isn't great by any means, so try not to kill me... it was done on my Blackberry, but I figured it was better than nothing... I'm hoping they release a full blown Blu-Ray from the tour with all the great visual stuff the boys did this time around. Just as an FYI, this covers the lighting of the skyscraper windows, the silhouetted humans, "Uprising" and "Resistance" and the very first few seconds of "New Born." Again, just incase anyone was interested. Also, got a TON of response to the .MU Forum Member T-Shirt from people in attendance... several forum members who never saw the thread among others who offered to buy it from me, unsuccessfully. Great great show as always... I was very pleased with the turnout, wasn't sure what to expect in Nashville in mid-March on a random Monday night. But the building was probably already 75% full during Silversun's fifty minute set, which I found to be impressive and surprising. Loved hearing the Enrico Morricone harmonica classic from Leone's "Once Upon a Time..." during the encore, that song always gets me. Also, the RARE addition of extras wearing "Vendor" vests for atmosphere in the crowd as Muse improvs with "Ice Cold Beer or Water," always a crowd pleaser during a visual masterpiece.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000015672386

butr

Muse arena show in Nashville tonite before I leave for SXSW!! Guys floatin in air in jumper cables preppin for the lite show!

+1 for floating roadies

We tried to start a trend of the Indiana Jones theme when they were assailing up to the rafters --- it caught on with a few people :LOL:

++ for the lights/camera guys

FAIL for the venue - I bought a seat to sit in (before and between acts) but I had too much junk in my trunk.:rolleyes: FTR I didn't have too much junk in my trunk for Gwinnett nor for Sommet last year! Even the really skinny people next to me looked uncomfortably close with the seating arrangements.

Great sound for SSPU - much improved on Atlanta but they had some tech difficulties. They had both their drum tech and keyboard techs out during the show.

Great show. Crowd didn't mosh and Chris's side was pogoing more than Matt's :erm: = It was fun in the seats - we had a group of teens in front of us that didn't care they didn't have GA :LOL: And I thought I would have the perfect view of Matt during this gig... :rolleyes: I think the kid in the row in front of me was near 7 foot tall - I'm so glad he only like about 5 songs and sat down for the rest!:awesome:

I think I am coming to the realization that some of the people in GA are just stunned when they see the show.

And do I get a cool mom award? I got my eldest a GA ticket. He enjoyed it and bless him apparently when he was pogoing he was apologizing for stepping on people :LOL: I did tell him that he was in the pit and people should expect it.

And WTF with all these girls attending gigs in satin skirts, hooker heels etc.?

What an EPIC show! I'm so f'ing happy they came to Nashville! :D

Too bad the crowd wasn't more physical where I was on Chris's side. Tried to jump around like mad several times but had to stop every time when no one else was since I kept running into people. Lots of headbanging and fist pumping though and it felt great to be surrounded by people who knew the all the songs. Still, I should have been more towards the middle where the fun was!

And was Chris puffing a pipe at the beginning of Exo I while the towers were still down? It was the only time I saw him smoking, and he was just puffing away while playing!

Now to recover and wish for more Muse!

Hey Kids

This is just a little tease I'll post the rest once I get to Houston. They're definately my best set from my 7 shows.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157623508150623/

Silversun Pickups

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157623507657009/

Ha it was pretty cool that Brian wore my ACDC devil horns :)

Will post again once I have the rest o my Muse pics up.:D

Rock On!

Gerry

Hey Kids

This is just a little tease I'll post the rest once I get to Houston. They're definately my best set from my 7 shows.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157623508150623/

Silversun Pickups

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157623507657009/

Ha it was pretty cool that Brian wore my ACDC devil horns :)

Will post again once I have the rest o my Muse pics up.:D

Rock On!

Gerry

:D THAT WAS YOU! Well done! I was even more impressed you got them back at the end of their set - I thought for minute there they were a goner!

Man, that show was awesome.

LOVED Silversun's set. Even bought one of their black t-shirts.

I was right dead center in front of the pit (right behind gerrycan actually), and though there was zero moshing, there was definitely a good vibe. Lots of singing, hands in the air, and I was going crazy with the headbanging. I also flew a middle finger through United States of Eurasia for obvious reasons... lol

I met church last night too. Sorry you didn't get it signed bud :-/.

My roommate informed me that I was on the screen during Knights of Cydonia while I was thrashing, I guess the cameraman liked my hair. lol, but that made my night.

I'm so glad I finally got to see them. I may never carry on quite the same in my musical life after this.

Okay, so I got home from Nashville this morning and crashed like woah. I still feel like crap from the sleep deprivation of this weekend but OH WELL. It was so entirely worth it. We got there around 7:40/7:45am after not finding our way around to the right exits on the interstate. Yeahhhhh. We had planned on like a 7:00am ish arrival but you know, yeah. xD. ANYHOO. first 15ish for the win :). Had so much fun with all the other crazies like me that got there at like 6-8:30am or whatever it was. Seriously. Little queue-up-for-Muse family. Hah.

Anyway, seriously it was utterly AMAZING. and the best night of my LIFE. best DAY of my life, too. Queueing up early like a mad woman - I'm officially a fan of it. :D.

One of my tweets during the show somehow never ended up on Twitter:

The pit's dead. Step it up, Nashville hipsters!

Honestly, the crowd pretty much sucked. Lots of vocal enthusiasm, but the only times the pit was jumping was for TIRO and Supermassive Black Hole. There were quite a few people there just for Silversun Pickups, but they were converted by the end of the show.

We got three riffs after SS, one more than Detroit. Also, Burning Bridges was played before Starlight which threw me for a loop. I definitely preferred the Detroit concert over this one, but I had seats for Nashville and the barrier for Detroit. Much different feel then.

I was on barrier and I was going mad crazy. And DEFINITELY jumping for most of the show when i wasn't doing the whole photography~ thing. However... I couldn't see anything behind me cause... well, Muse was in front of me so I didn't give a crap about the people behind me. xD. But yeah, I can say that I, at least, was going mad crazy. :).

i had so much fun last night at the show going crazy! I was standing directly to the left of gerrycan and his devil horns. i was told i had a lot of face time on the screens by friends after the show and i can't even imagine what a mess i looked like. :$

getting there at 8:40am was so definitely worth it! meeting everyone in line was great fun and only made the whole experience even better. still jealous of the girls from alabama who met matt and chris inside Gruhn's though. :eek: so close yet so far.

was the pit really that dead looking?? i was jumping up and down so much and had my arms in the air non-stop. i was practically jelly by the time KOC was played.

Becca I think I was the dude right behind you... hahaha, I was in a black Zoo York hoodie and was headbanging pretty much non-stop. Confirm/deny?

haha. yeah, i think so. did you get drinks of water a lot? lol. to the left of my was a tall guy with a bh&r shirt on with the muse logo huge on the back and to my right was my friend - white hoodie, uk bag? i had a uk bag too that i had stuffed with my merch since i didn't want to take a chance on stuff running out. hah.

and i'm very jealous of those girls... i failed THREE times to meet them...

those orange sticker things they were passing out - were those really to meet them after the show?

Archived