Greatest show of my life! Got to see my favorite band on the same day I was accepted into Georgia Tech :D

I just wanted to apologize to those behind me and my friend, as we are much taller than those around us. Also, I'd like to apologize to the girl next to me. I didn't mean to hit you during Unnatural Selection, I was just trying to save my glasses from flying into the crowd :$...

Oh, and Mr. Sailorhat, nice to meet you. I dunno if you have an account on here or not

Congrat on GT. No bacon rants around me so you must be a different tall guy than the one I was behind.

Haha I was standing to the left of the sailor hat guy. Haha I loved it when he threw his hat on stage. And I also was standing in front of the two girls who went over the gate. I talked to a security guard, and he said they were fine, but just over heated.

Ah, that was the best day/night of my life

That was me! :D I was the blonde in blue.

no, sadly we didn't meet Dom. They did take my art tube backstage though (with my address on it) so hopefully I'll get it back with a signed picture!

I hope so- your work is really good. Make sure you let us know.

AHH! I was the girlfriend of that short guy! haha. I only know this because of those drunk guys trying to hit on the spanish chicks. I thought I was going to be annoyed by them, but they were actually pretty ok. The guy let me stand next to him since I'm short :( and he was fairly polite when his giant backback was attacking me during SSPU.

Did you hear the one girl's bacon rant? It was hilarious.

Although in hindsight that may not have been me and my short boyfriend, lol. I jumped around a bit. Not as much as I would have liked to though as I had a really tall guy taking video on his phone next to me and I didn't want to bump into him too much and mess up his shot. I had an "I <3 SF" shirt on if that rings any bells.

--

Anyway, this was the second time I've seen them...I saw them at Jillian's in Lousiville 5 years ago april and thought they were "the best" then...oh my god did this show blow that out of the water. Even my boyfriend, who pretty well despised Muse up until last night, had a good time...his comments? "I didn't know they rocked so hard!" Some guy from Georgia in line told him he'd be a fan after last night, and he was right.

I'll have to catch them again soon. Hopefully five years won't pass without me seeing them again...and I'm totally going to line up early next time. I had a blast, but I'm so damn short and wish I could have seen more!

I don't know about you but I'm hoping Louisville arena will bring in something decent but I'm trying not to get my hopes up considering what generally stops in Louisville for big shows at the moment. :rolleyes: That said, I could have easily brought twice the number to the gig if it had been in Louisville. We were a group of 5.

2rzvsxj.jpg

someone posted this pic of matt after the show on twitter. what is that dear boy wearing?? :LOL:

Bless him.

Well, I know a guy who were really interested in finding a pair of trousers like the ones Matt is wearing, he may ask him where he can find them :LOL:

I would venture to guess with the cut that they weren't off the rack.

2rzvsxj.jpg

someone posted this pic of matt after the show on twitter. what is that dear boy wearing?? :LOL:

Oh yeah, I remember these two tweeting on the sexyplane list. They are both in a christian band together or something? They said something about using their vip tonight.

Interesting clothes Matt :)

Hmm' date=' not sure if that was you or not. Does your bf have a goatee? Yes I heard the bacon rant. :yesey:[/quote']

Haha yes he does. Glad to know I was near another rmuse boardie! Goodness than bacon rant made my night (well up until Muse anyway) it was hilarious. "my life changed after bacon. if I was rich, I would fill a pool with bacon and swim in it"

I don't know about you but I'm hoping Louisville arena will bring in something decent but I'm trying not to get my hopes up considering what generally stops in Louisville for big shows at the moment. :rolleyes: That said, I could have easily brought twice the number to the gig if it had been in Louisville. We were a group of 5.

it was just me and my boyfriend in Nashville...I too could have had so many more in lousiville too...and I've got friends living up there so I could have spent the night and queued up early without a 2 hour drive before. I hope they come back to lousiville...that would be great! Granted I'll probably never see them in a venue as small as jillian's again, but i'd like them to come back

AMAZING! That was my first Muse show, and I'm still in awe... had a place on the barrier right infront of Matt. I was very impressed with the whole production, and the set list was fantastic as well. Also, it was nice meeting everyone in line... wouldn't have been able to survive 9 hours of waiting without you guys.

I have some really good pictures, and LOTS of videos. I'm pretty impressed with them, but it'll take me a while to upload everything. Keep checking back!

xoxo

I forget if I already ranted but I'm gonna rant on Ticketmaster too so may as well put it here.

The venue has changed with the new name.

I was there in July with Green Day supported by Kaiser Chiefs (truthfully I was there to see the Chiefs they are my guilty pleasure, I've met them, got a drum stick, a set list signed etc... but I digress) The event was very organized. The barrier queue was up the steps by the building and the GA stayed there instead of going across the square to the corner. Also the bag check was outside. (I understand with the weather it being inside but it seemed to make it better getting in). I got in much earlier than a lot of people in seats because we had a GA ticket to pick up and there were security guys just standing there doing nothing. I shouted to my group and in we went! It just didn't seem very well organized.

I can't believe how many of you were there and we missed you! BAR and I were front row, a little to Chris's side but had fantastic view of the whole stage. That was my 1st Muse show. I was blown away.

Here are my pics from the gig. You are welcome to steal them and post elsewhere, just please leave my mark on them.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/loller043/Muse%203-15-2010/?action=postuploadshare

Just wanted to share some videos I took at the Nashville show. Watch in HD if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisfwillis

They were incredible, but you knew that. This was my third time seeing Muse in 6 months - and I don't even like going to concerts!

A direct link to my favorite part on the new album:

And if you like your SSPU with horns:

Also do you remember those two girls that got carried over the barrier? I was with them, and I still have no idea why they got carried out. I met them in line and they were pretty cool, but I feel bad because they tried to tell me something before getting hauled off and I have no idea what was going on... haha

I was the tall guy drinking a ton of water in front of the 2 girls that were hauled off. Sorry for being tall :( I did drive 8 hours that morning and wait in line for 8 hours for it though. Also there was that step near the rail...i swear it added 2 inches to my tallness :( I was just to the left of the 2 girls that met matt and chris and I was just behind and to the right of devil horns.

I was the tall guy drinking a ton of water in front of the 2 girls that were hauled off. Sorry for being tall :( I did drive 8 hours that morning and wait in line for 8 hours for it though. Also there was that step near the rail...i swear it added 2 inches to my tallness :( I was just to the left of the 2 girls that met matt and chris and I was just behind and to the right of devil horns.

hey! tall people can't help it. I'm 5'8" and if someone is 5'2" and is behind me I don't feel guilty. Also I would have thought that the height of the stage would have been helpful for those shorter to see because it was taller than the tall people. Oh I'm not explaining this properly but its geometry and angles etc.

Hey, I remember you :) water hogger ;)

but the girls were fine. I asked the guy that helped them over, and he said they just over heated.

I have an odd question.

So how many people around you "flashed" at SSPU's request?

Everyone around me (except me) seemed to lift their shirts! :LOL: I just flashed my camera. I think I mentioned I was pretty much surrounded by guys everywhere I looked.

You people meet them, and I don't know how you can keep from gushing. Seriously, if it were me I would probably just end up stumbling over my words and sounding like a complete idiot..

Glad to hear my friends were alright, it sucks they had to dodge out half way through the show :-/.

Just returned home from our 450 mile trek to Nashville. My son and I had a great time. My 15 year old daughter on the other hand said the concert was O.K., she is not a Muse fan.

Wish we could have met the guys, but alas...

Thanks for a great show. Oh, especially Stockholm Syndrome.

I forgot something, I want to apologize to the girl next to me. Sorry, for bumping into you while I was enjoying the music.

I took my 15 y/o daughter and 20 y/o son and we drove up from Little Rock, AR. Both my kids love Muse (as do I) but I swear between the 3 of us I rocked out the most. Wish they would come down here but our Verizon Arena (will always be Altell to me forever, no matter what name is on it now) sucks so prob not ever. I loved all the songs, was my first time seeing them but hopefully not my last. Daughter and I are actually scheming to get to Wembley on 10 September, working out the details now.

You people meet them, and I don't know how you can keep from gushing. Seriously, if it were me I would probably just end up stumbling over my words and sounding like a complete idiot..

Glad to hear my friends were alright, it sucks they had to dodge out half way through the show :-/.

That is the reason I don't stalk bands any more - I met my "fav" band about two years ago (yeah I'm on this board and its not that I don't love Muse but I have an unnatural attachment to another band - I guess I'm a bit of a dirty stop out but whatever and I digress) and I couldn't say an audible word. My husband chatted with this other bands' drummer and bassist for ages and I just stood there. My son chatted with the lead singer (my son was small for his age) and the lead singer really took him under his wing and had a proper conversation and I just took pictures. :$ I think that whole experience cured me, though I now live in fear of falling over a famous person because as my husband rightly says its his dumb luck...

I took my 15 y/o daughter and 20 y/o son and we drove up from Little Rock, AR. Both my kids love Muse (as do I) but I swear between the 3 of us I rocked out the most. Wish they would come down here but our Verizon Arena (will always be Altell to me forever, no matter what name is on it now) sucks so prob not ever. I loved all the songs, was my first time seeing them but hopefully not my last. Daughter and I are actually scheming to get to Wembley on 10 September, working out the details now.

Make certain if you go to Wembley to sort out your prices ahead of time - there is plenty of mass transport ( I used to live in England) so don't get ripped off by the locals hearing your American accent and thinking its their lucky pay day. Good planning goes a long way over there and to have a good back up plan.

That is the reason I don't stalk bands any more - I met my "fav" band about two years ago (yeah I'm on this board and its not that I don't love Muse but I have an unnatural attachment to another band - I guess I'm a bit of a dirty stop out but whatever and I digress) and I couldn't say an audible word. My husband chatted with this other bands' drummer and bassist for ages and I just stood there. My son chatted with the lead singer (my son was small for his age) and the lead singer really took him under his wing and had a proper conversation and I just took pictures. :$ I think that whole experience cured me, though I now live in fear of falling over a famous person because as my husband rightly says its his dumb luck...

Make certain if you go to Wembley to sort out your prices ahead of time - there is plenty of mass transport ( I used to live in England) so don't get ripped off by the locals hearing your American accent and thinking its their lucky pay day. Good planning goes a long way over there and to have a good back up plan.

With the announcement of fall tour dates we have decided to pool our funds and try to hit up as many shows as we can then, even if we have to drive a-ways to get there. Better investment in my opinion: $2100 for flight/hotel only for both of us to London for 1 show via less then that to see more then 1 show!

Archived