I'm with you..do u think we are better off doing ticketmaster online or going to a tickemaster box office and waiting??

I seriously believe your best bet is to try online and the phone simultaneously. Since Muse have gained popularity here in the states, the demand for tickets will be greater this time around than their last MSG gig (which was OUTSTANDING). This means that not only will longtime & newer fans be after tickets, but so will the scalpers / touts. I can guarantee that there will be hundreds if not thousands of listings for MSG Muse tix on eBay & stubhub just moments after the tickets go onsale. It's common knowledge that ticketmaster is in bed with these resellers - they make even more money on the resale market. It's so frustrating.

I seriously believe your best bet is to try online and the phone simultaneously. Since Muse have gained popularity here in the states, the demand for tickets will be greater this time around than their last MSG gig (which was OUTSTANDING). This means that not only will longtime & newer fans be after tickets, but so will the scalpers / touts. I can guarantee that there will be hundreds if not thousands of listings for MSG Muse tix on eBay & stubhub just moments after the tickets go onsale. It's common knowledge that ticketmaster is in bed with these resellers - they make even more money on the resale market. It's so frustrating.

so basically I should bring my laptop and cell phone to a ticketmaster location

Yeah it's such a scam. Fan's can't get the best seats through ticketmaster anymore. You have to go through another broker for triple the money. It's ridiculous.

well, i guess tomorrow I'll go through the same confusion and frustration trying to get tickets through the Radio pre-sale....

Am I right in thinking that we'll be emailed a code/link to go to their page, to go to a link to Ticketmaster??

Failing that, I'll be up with the lark on Saturday, preparing to cry in to my coffee at 10.03.....

I may come off as sounding like a complete bitch here...but oh well.

Why the fuck didn't they do here what they did for the Sept '10 UK shows, where only people who were registered PRIOR to the presale announcement could get presale tickets. No offense to new fans, I'm happy you guys are here and love the boys as well, but that system WORKED. WAY less scalping. I've noticed a lot of people who have only just registered on .mu have gotten the presale. It's pretty rubbish.

Why the fuck didn't they do here what they did for the Sept '10 UK shows, where only people who were registered PRIOR to the presale announcement could get presale tickets. No offense to new fans, I'm happy you guys are here and love the boys as well, but that system WORKED. WAY less scalping. I've noticed a lot of people who have only just registered on .mu have gotten the presale. It's pretty rubbish.

This.

I agree. In fact, I would have limited it to anybody who registered after 2005...... ;)

What about me, who has been on here for a few months already, but never registered for the actual site? (Mainly because I thought the forum name and site name would be similar).

What about me, who has been on here for a few months already, but never registered for the actual site? (Mainly because I thought the forum name and site name would be similar).

I hear you lovey, I lurked for AGES before I joined too. But I got my tickets through general sale back then.

Yeah I was on Muse.mu forever before I joined the forum. Those dates aren't accurate on the side, and it shouldn't matter when you became a fan, the problem is the scalpers, not the people that actually want to see the show.

Yeah it's such a scam. Fan's can't get the best seats through ticketmaster anymore. You have to go through another broker for triple the money. It's ridiculous.

And this is just as ridiculous:

Can you remove the link from your post as it is against board policy to post link to non official ticket site (that includes ebay)

Thank you :)

I'm not promoting it lol. Someone else on a earlier thread posted a website too.

I am not saying you're promoting it but those kind of link indirectly provide free advertising for those people and people might get tempted to go there and buy tickets for extortionate prices.

I am not picking on you - I ask someone else to do exactly the same on another thread :)

I am not saying you're promoting it but those kind of link indirectly provide free advertising for those people and people might get tempted to go there and buy tickets for extortionate prices.

I am not picking on you - I ask someone else to do exactly the same on another thread :)

It's gone

The thing is, I was able to get to the presale site the other day without even being logged in to .mu (i went to the DC gig page, clicked the link and it opened the site, it was only after that I realized I forgot to log in) so i'm not sure they limited this presale at all.....

It would have been nice to have personalized codes in our profiles like they did for the Teignmouth and UK stadium shows, or even just the links made available through a mailing list email in advance, like they did for the fall tour, but alas...

I agree with Steph (Degressi) - regardless of who registered when, that's beside the point. The point is that the SYSTEM should have been EXACTLY the same as tickets for the REST of the tour, i.e - a unique code in your member's profile, and a better ticketing agent like seetickets or something, to make it FAIR. It's like America are getting shit on again and it absolutely stinks.

I agree with Steph (Degressi) - regardless of who registered when, that's beside the point. The point is that the SYSTEM should have been EXACTLY the same as tickets for the REST of the tour, i.e - a unique code in your member's profile, and a better ticketing agent like seetickets or something, to make it FAIR. It's like America are getting shit on again and it absolutely stinks.

Nicely put. Love your avatar pic; lucky you!;)

I wish they spread the sales out to more than just one website. That's poor planning really.

Archived