Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

The problem of the glowsticks being taken away at the gate was discussed here before :)

And as we all are :ninja: Musers, I'm sure we can safely hide them all over the pockets, socks, bras... :eek: etc. , so they are not taken from us :p

Just to break up the conversation about glowsticks (as fun as it is!) a bit, some rather boring and mundane queries:

1) Toilets. Will the usual cricket ground toilets be open? I would hope this is the case, as portaloos for 50,000 people won't be pleasant.

2) Food. What's the food like at these gigs? Presuming it's burgers, chips, pies etc? I'm of course assuming there IS food available? What's the quality/price like? Is it the usual ripoff £4-5 for a burger? If so, I'll stuff my face before I go in and stuff some chocolate in my pants. Mmm... chocopants.

3) Merchandise. Is it sensible to buy stuff as soon as we arrive and just wear the new purchases? Wanting to get a hoody and perhaps a t shirt/poster. Is it likely to sell out if I don't get it at 5pm ish?

Just to break up the conversation about glowsticks (as fun as it is!) a bit, some rather boring and mundane queries:

1) Toilets. Will the usual cricket ground toilets be open? I would hope this is the case, as portaloos for 50,000 people won't be pleasant.

2) Food. What's the food like at these gigs? Presuming it's burgers, chips, pies etc? I'm of course assuming there IS food available? What's the quality/price like? Is it the usual ripoff £4-5 for a burger? If so, I'll stuff my face before I go in and stuff some chocolate in my pants. Mmm... chocopants.

3) Merchandise. Is it sensible to buy stuff as soon as we arrive and just wear the new purchases? Wanting to get a hoody and perhaps a t shirt/poster. Is it likely to sell out if I don't get it at 5pm ish?

At the Green Day gig (which was quite huge) at the same venue the:

1. Toilets were the portaloos which got quite mank towards the middle of the show and blocked. There were two mens blocks and one womans (illogical!) so the women took over a man's block by force.

2. Burger/chips etc. 4 small portions of chips for a tenner. Quality is, er ok! Pretty much what you'd expect from a gig. Pizzas too. Bring an empty plastic bottle and you're free to fill it from drinking water taps.

3. There were a few merch stalls including one in the centre where you stood. I'd suggest getting it as soon as you are in just in case. Also like Pip says, try on the clothes if you can. Muse merch has their own sizes!!

The problem of the glowsticks being taken away at the gate was discussed here before :)

And as we all are :ninja: Musers, I'm sure we can safely hide them all over the pockets, socks, bras... :eek: etc. , so they are not taken from us :p

glow in the dark bra :happy:

BTW does anyone know where i can find some cheap, good quality, simply monocular glowsticks?

At the Green Day gig (which was quite huge) at the same venue the:

1. Toilets were the portaloos which got quite mank towards the middle of the show and blocked. There were two mens blocks and one womans (illogical!) so the women took over a man's block by force.

2. Burger/chips etc. 4 small portions of chips for a tenner. Quality is, er ok! Pretty much what you'd expect from a gig. Pizzas too. Bring an empty plastic bottle and you're free to fill it from drinking water taps.

3. There were a few merch stalls including one in the centre where you stood. I'd suggest getting it as soon as you are in just in case. Also like Pip says, try on the clothes if you can. Muse merch has their own sizes!!

Oh no! Portaloos sound :eek:. They had such posh loos at Wembley :chuckle:

glow in the dark bra :happy:

BTW does anyone know where i can find some cheap, good quality, simply monocular glowsticks?

Yep, Poundland has tubes of 20. They have the connectors included with them too.:D

I'm wondering what I should use to carry my stuff. Like, if I took a bag it'd be searched, right? And I don't really wanna be standing/raving with a bag for 12 hours/whatever. :/ What do most people do with phones, money, cameras etc? I've never been in standing before :p

I'm wondering what I should use to carry my stuff. Like, if I took a bag it'd be searched, right? And I don't really wanna be standing/raving with a bag for 12 hours/whatever. :/ What do most people do with phones, money, cameras etc? I've never been in standing before :p

hmm... When I want to AC/DC :happy: I just took as little as i could i.e. mobile and ticket. If you've got a camera, see if you can find a strap or something :) I don't know much else, sorry x)

I use a small bum bag in which I put money, ticket, phone, spare memory card and spare battery. I hold my camera in my hand and I stuff it down the front of my jeans when I'm not using it during the gig. I don't put anything in my pockets, too many thieves at gigs. When I go through the gate I have the bag open and ready for searching if they're searching or sometimes I squash it down my jeans so I'm not searched.

Oh no! Portaloos sound :eek:. They had such posh loos at Wembley :chuckle:

Yep, Poundland has tubes of 20. They have the connectors included with them too.:D

i dont have a poundland round here :supersad:

Cheers for that :)

hahaha, i know :LOL:

;)

i'm on holiday, and get back three days before the gig. i hope to god my tix are there :facepalm:

and i'm heading to poundland straight after i get home :awesome: glowsticks.

:eek: same and i'll have my gcse results too

who did you buy them with?

I don't think it is, mine has GA8 on it...

For the Green Day gig we all queued together despite what our ticket said. There was only 2 entrances one by the met and one at the back!

Off topic: If you're reading this and you are the muser who came out of Whitefield Morrisons this afternoon with a The Resistance t shirt, Hi!:D

The GA1-GA8 ARE NOT ENTRANCES.

"HI Nick

Thank you for your email. Fans can enter the site at any gate. GA stands for general admission and the number is based on the batch of tickets. Fans will be able to queue and enter together at the any gate.

Kind regards "

I have emailed LCCC about whether glow sticks are allowed and whether we have to go into different gates according to our tickets and they have replied and said :

"I have checked with the concert promoters they don't seem to think there will be any problem to bring glow sticks in.

There is no restriction as to which gate you come in at."

Hope this helps.

Archived