Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

yeah i know :(

i'm not bothered myself particularly -just thought it might cause a review of h&s. wasn't there another tragic event like this at a festival somewhere once too - roskilde i think? i think it was after that that the crowd barriers started appearing at festivals.

edit: did you get pulled out at oxegen? you have a very recent experience of how scary and awful it is

Yeah, Roskilde - I think it was 9 people that were killed during Pearl Jam's set, and yes that bought about a lot of changes. In fact I think it was after Roskilde that crowdsurfing was forbidden at venues across Europe as it was thought that some deaths were due to people trying to crowdsurf out and falling down into gaps.

Yes, I did.. it was packed and it was tight and it was scary at times, but at the same time, security were so on the ball when it came to getting people out. They were probably some of the best security I've ever seen at a gig/festival.

While we're on the subject, I have actually been at a gig where the barrier collapsed.. now that was scary, but again, razor sharp reactions from the security stopped anyone from being hurt. Gig was delayed by an hour, but no injuries, which was incredible :)

A lot of the time, this stuff IS down to security/police/staff reactions - if they act immediately, then it does a lot to quell the situation. And the UK seems to have a good reputation when it comes to safety at gigs and festivals.

:$ Can someone please explain what a Golden Circle is to me?

50,000 *freaks out* Oh dear. WHY did I buy standing again?

It's where the clean fans go. No smelly fans are permitted within the golden circle :)

also, you didn't buy standing tix, you bought general admission tix, which means you can sit or stand. You could probably stand on your head if you like...

Yep, there wasn't any choice for this venue! All tickets were the same:D

I heard there were some kids on the barrier at Green Day at LCCC recently. One got brought up on stage with Billie. So, if that's the case, it must have been quite safe at the front and hopefully the same will apply for Muse.:D

You'd get noticed at least:)

Like that guy a while ago was crowd surfing upside down during PIB and matt pointed and loled at him....

Note to self: improve gymnastic skills :LOL:

Someone needs to make a monocular smiley... for emphasis.

Still have no glowsticks D: it's my priority from now on, I hope it's nice and dark when they come on!

37 days

904 hours

54270 minutes

3256204 seconds :D

:awesome:

Brought my top hat today, I look simply spiffing in it :D:chuckle:

Try asda for glowsticks, they do a pack of 10 for £1.10 :happy:

Like that guy a while ago was crowd surfing upside down during PIB and matt pointed and loled at him....

Note to self: improve gymnastic skills :LOL:

:awesome:

Brought my top hat today, I look simply spiffing in it :D:chuckle:

Try asda for glowsticks, they do a pack of 10 for £1.10 :happy:

:LOL: When was that?!

It's where the clean fans go. No smelly fans are permitted within the golden circle :)

No no no no... its where the all the hardcore people who Q really early so they get to the front go and then have to stay there for hours to keep their place which means no going to the loo... it is called the 'Golden' Circle due to all the people in the seperated area weeing on the ground after hours of waiting and then getting squashed.... turning the floor 'golden'... :LOL:

Euugghhh.... you all KNOWS its the troof!

Yep, there wasn't any choice for this venue! All tickets were the same:D

I heard there were some kids on the barrier at Green Day at LCCC recently. One got brought up on stage with Billie. So, if that's the case, it must have been quite safe at the front and hopefully the same will apply for Muse.:D

About 3 or 4 fans were brought onto stage at different points during the gig.. the first one was a little girl who was only about 5 or 6 years old... cuteness or what..

Note to self: improve gymnastic skills :LOL

Just looked at the video Pip posted its about 2.39 in, made me LOLZ.. I love it when Matt laughs!

Archived