Personally I think...

Micro Cuts -> Dead Star

...works much better than...

Dead Star -> Micro Cuts

Just saying...It's a momentum thing...And those riffs...But I love the idea of CE opening...The transition into MOTP would have to be worked carefully though or you lose momentum again...

Random-guitar-noises-intro-thing

Glorious

Map Of The Problematique

Sing For Absolution

Muscle Museum

City Of Delusion

Eternally Missed

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Nishe

Con-Science

Resistance

Easily

Fury

Showbiz

-----

Hyper Chondriac Music

Micro Cuts

Stockholm Syndrome

-----

MK Ultra

Bliss (extended)

As I'm bored, shuffle set:

Exogenesis - Redemption

Eternally Missed

Hysteria

Time is Running Out

Ruled by Secrecy

MK Ultra

City of Delusion

Starlight

Bliss

Stockholm Syndrome

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

Feeling Good

Exogenesis - Cross-Pollination

Ashamed

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Assassin

Sober

United States of Eurasia

Knights of Cydonia

Showbiz

You'd be surprised at the proportion of hardcore fans to casuals. I think I've mentioned it before but I do remember someone saying they heard CE for the first time ever at Wembley.

Consider how many people were heard singing along to Hyper Music at L/R though and most of them were casuals.

Plus, even if you're a casual, you'd prefer Showbiz to something like Guiding Light or Undisclosed Desires (the amount of people who were moaning and groaning when they saw the keytar come out at Leeds was hilarious :chuckle: ). People would know when hearing it what a good song it is, especially live. Just because someone's hearing it for the first time doesn't mean they won't enjoy it.

I had such high hopes when Stockholm came early. Either it's straight to the harmonica and the message board will rip them a new one or it's going be an awesome drop D section possibly featuring dead star to finish off, oh the naivety when looking back in hindsight. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I thought! Early Stockholm caught me by surprise as I thought for sure that it would be a copy of the Leeds setlist.

Technically switching TIRO and SS around is still "variety".

If they had switched UD to DS, what a gig it would have been.

Frankly, if they played the standard festival length of 15 songs, but the songs were Hysteria, TIRO, Dead Star and Stockholm Syndrome, that would have been much better than having 20 songs with two songs that shouldn't be there and a jam that just fills the time.

Frankly, if they played the standard festival length of 15 songs, but the songs were Hysteria, TIRO, Dead Star and Stockholm Syndrome, that would have been much better than having 20 songs with two songs that shouldn't be there and a jam that just fills the time.

True, but I don't think Matt have the mental strength to play a gig without either starshite or resistance.

Sadly.

Consider how many people were heard singing along to Hyper Music at L/R though and most of them were casuals.

Plus, even if you're a casual, you'd prefer Showbiz to something like Guiding Light or Undisclosed Desires (the amount of people who were moaning and groaning when they saw the keytar come out at Leeds was hilarious :chuckle: ). People would know when hearing it what a good song it is, especially live. Just because someone's hearing it for the first time doesn't mean they won't enjoy it.

The OoS gig of R/L was announced long before though. Just looking at the board members here a lot of fans from all over the world went to those gigs, so there were probably more hardcore fans than usual. Try any other random gig or festival and there would probably be less people who really knew rarer songs.

The OoS gig of R/L was announced long before though. Just looking at the board members here a lot of fans from all over the world went to those gigs, so there were probably more hardcore fans than usual. Try any other random gig or festival and there would probably be less people who really knew rarer songs.

The general consensus seems to be that UD and GL are both shit though, so if they played something obscure like Showbiz or whatever I think they'd take that over UD and GL any day.

The general consensus seems to be that UD and GL are both shit though, so if they played something obscure like Showbiz or whatever I think they'd take that over UD and GL any day.

UD's a popular song, so even though it maybe not be as well received live there are more people who know it, which is why the band continued to put it on the setlist.

Guiding Light isn't nearly as popular though. It's also not received well live either and isn't even a single. I still don't know what's their excuse for that one :noey:

UD's a popular song, so even though it maybe not be as well received live there are more people who know it, which is why the band continued to put it on the setlist.

Guiding Light isn't nearly as popular though. It's also not received well live either and isn't even a single. I still don't know what's their excuse for that one :noey:

Confetti :awesome:

Also, Undisclosed Desires isn't that popular really, it was probably the least known of the singles from The Resistance (apart from USOE, if you count that).

No.

Archived