Anxyous

Micro Cuts has always been, no matter what anyone says, a bunch of screaming in the chorus. I'd say it's a very poor example of Matt's true singing ability.

Are you serious? I sure hope not. It is proper singing, and the best example we've got of his top range. I fail to see how you can call it a bunch of screaming, listen to Hyper Music live, THAT'S screaming ;)

It's not on the DVD, only on the CD, so I have no idea how near Matt was to the mike! But I can hear him singing!

Anyway I've heard the video of Matt singing Overture and it sounds awesome! So I really don't think any of us need to worry about him losing his high range!:D

Are you serious? I sure hope not. It is proper singing, and the best example we've got of his top range. I fail to see how you can call it a bunch of screaming, listen to Hyper Music live, THAT'S screaming ;)

I've always found the live versions, especially Hullabaloo really screamy. I prefer something like Plug In Baby or Showbiz for my Bellamy highs.

Don't get me wrong, I love Micro Cuts, studio or live. The song has a great vibe.

It's not on the DVD, only on the CD, so I have no idea how near Matt was to the mike! But I can hear him singing!

But what are you talking about? No it's not on the dvd, but the performance is still officially released, and the highest note in the song is suppose to be around 2.56 in this clip, now tell me, how can you hear him sing?

Compare to Hullabaloo 2.44

But what are you talking about? No it's not on the dvd, but the performance is still officially released, and the highest note in the song is suppose to be around 2.56 in this clip, now tell me, how can you hear him sing?

Compare to Hullabaloo 2.44

You've posted a clip of Exogenesis! :LOL: Listen to the CD.

No, YOU listen, you have no idea what you are on about, on no performance I have seen of Micro Cuts from 2006 or after, he sings the highest note, right at 2.56 in this clip.

He is at least 3-4 meters away from the mic, now tell me how you can hear him sing?

You seem way to confident that Matt is some kind of god. Accept that he is, like every other living person, losing some abilities in his voice with age.

No, YOU listen, you have no idea what you are on about, on no performance I have seen of Micro Cuts from 2006 or after, he sings the highest note, right at 2.56 in this clip.

He is at least 3-4 meters away from the mic, now tell me how you can hear him sing?

You seem way to confident that Matt is some kind of god. Accept that he is, like every other living person, losing some abilities in his voice with age.

Well the performance sounds awesome to me! He is away from the mic at 2.56 because he's playing a guitar riff but his singing is spot on when he is singing and very high. I really can't be arsed to check through Matt's performances matching note by note between past and present tbh!

I don't think he is some kind of God, I just think he has a fantastic voice, and if you note my previous posts I did doubt whether he could reach the high notes and changed my mind when I heard him doing it with my own ears! If, as you say, he isn't singing quite as high as before, so fucking what!!:rolleyes:

Well the performance sounds awesome to me! He is away from the mic at 2.56 because he's playing a guitar riff but his singing is spot on when he is singing and very high. I really can't be arsed to check through Matt's performances matching note by note between past and present tbh!

I don't think he is some kind of God, I just think he has a fantastic voice, and if you note my previous posts I did doubt whether he could reach the high notes and changed my mind when I heard him doing it with my own ears! If, as you say, he isn't singing quite as high as before, so fucking what!!:rolleyes:

Oh well, no point in continuing then, you like to ignore all facts, I like to base my arguments on facts, so we will get nowhere.

The only thing I have been saying from the start is that, NO, Matt is not getting a wider register with age. He is getting a lot better singing technique and a much more controlled voice, along with the ability to sing a lot deeper than before without it sounding odd.

Why is everyone arguing?

Does it really matter?

Plus he probably fecked his voice smoking.

I'd like to think that one day you can have an argument on a freaking discussion board without getting told to stop because people are afraid of arguments.

Oh well, no point in continuing then, you like to ignore all facts, I like to base my arguments on facts, so we will get nowhere.

The only thing I have been saying from the start is that, NO, Matt is not getting a wider register with age. He is getting a lot better singing technique and a much more controlled voice, along with the ability to sing a lot deeper than before without it sounding odd.

Well that's okay then! Jeez! There are more rewarding things in life than attempting to point score! :rolleyes: Like enjoying all eras of the multitalented Matthew Bellamy! :D

Well that's okay then! Jeez! There are more rewarding things in life than attempting to point score! :rolleyes: Like enjoying all eras of the multitalented Matthew Bellamy! :D

Well then, if you want to telle me how to spend my time, maybe you should thinking of spending your time on something else than posting whole novells about what you like about Matt ;)

God I love this performance, too bad it has that annoying intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpd1-Rde5Dc

Well then, if you want to telle me how to spend my time, maybe you should thinking of spending your time on something else than posting whole novells about what you like about Matt ;)

For Christ sake you have a problem! You're really pissing me off now! :mad: I never told you how to spend your time, just how I would prefer to spend mine, so F off!:mad:

Here is why, because it's a discussion board.

Though some people aren't allowed to post what they like if they are "novels about what they like about Matt!" Fucking novels!

I could copy Matt himself in my reply:

what are you doing with your life aye? you can fuck off and die you little cunt arse shit face wanker hahahahahahah

But I would be too polite!:p:LOL:

For Christ sake you have a problem! You're really pissing me off now! :mad: I never told you how to spend your time, just how I would prefer to spend mine, so F off!:mad:

Well sorry for that, but you have been pissing me off since the first time I told you exaclty the same thing as I said in my last few posts, but you kept arguing with "I can hear that he still can get those high notes". It gets pretty annoying when someone keeps arguing without any knowledge in the subject.

And if you really mean that "Jeez! There are more rewarding things in life than attempting to point score! " isn't aimed at me, then sorry, but I seriously doubt that it wasn't meant for me.

Here is why, because it's a discussion board.

Well it just seem that it turned from a discussion, to a "yes it is" "no it isn't" argument.

And like I asked last night...does it matter?

Nothing stays the same, everything, in time, will change, whether for the better, or the worse. Depending on your perspective.

I have no preference, but if he can't hit a high note and prefers to sing within his new range, that's got to be better than trying to hit a note and making a croaking noise instead.

a-musing, I think they were all still smoking during the absolution period.

Not that it matters.

Well sorry for that, but you have been pissing me off since the first time I told you exaclty the same thing as I said in my last few posts, but you kept arguing with "I can hear that he still can get those high notes". It gets pretty annoying when someone keeps arguing without any knowledge in the subject.

And if you really mean that "Jeez! There are more rewarding things in life than attempting to point score! " isn't aimed at me, then sorry, but I seriously doubt that it wasn't meant for me.

The point scoring was aimed at you. The spending time enjoying the eras is what I would rather do! At risk of dragging this on even further, if you will just read my posts properly I have said all along that it doesn't matter. He can sing very high notes. Whether he can sing quite as high as before I don't know and I don't care! For some unfathomable reason it seems to matter a lot to you! Can't we just leave it at that!?

Well it just seem that it turned from a discussion, to a "yes it is" "no it isn't" argument.

And like I asked last night...does it matter?

Nothing stays the same, everything, in time, will change, whether for the better, or the worse. Depending on your perspective.

I have no preference, but if he can't hit a high note and prefers to sing within his new range, that's got to be better than trying to hit a note and making a croaking noise instead.

a-musing, I think they were all still smoking during the absolution period.

Not that it matters.

I love both Matts old and new voice. Though I would like to have heard the old one live. But I really like his voice in songs like Uprising and Undisclosed Desires.

And about the "yes" "No" thing, I really didn't have a way to prove my point better than to say how it really was(Matts vocal range is not a question of opinions). ;) And yes, I am a douche when it comes to discussions :)

As for Matt losing his singing capabilities, I think, that The Resistance is a testament, to the fact that he's better than ever (in my opinion anyway).

Live, he may not hit the same notes, but I have no doubt, that he is still a fantastic singer :)

Archived