this was probably already done, but i couldn't find it. so lets discuss:

Showbiz: interesting art, the blue planet shows the interest of science and the girl makes the album's theme relate to love.

OoS: i still don't know what this is of and i REALLY want to know (it's like the main reason i made this thread:LOL:) but i guess it sums up the overall uniqueness of the album.

Absolution: shows the theme of religion throughout the album and makes you think.

BH&R: i thought i read somewhere this was of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse (did i say that right? :p) and it shows the space theme with the planet they're on

TR: symbolizes exogenesis and all the beauty of the world with the colors.

overall i think it goes: TR>OoS>Abso>BH&R>Showbiz

Yay! :D

I really love Muse's album art, it's always so mysterious and often really makes you think!

Absolution is my favorite, I love the eerie theme and the question - do these people leave Earth or are they coming down to it? I like to think they are some strange people coming down to Earth, it's nice and creepy :p

I agree about OoS - wth does it mean? ^^ But this mystery adds to the beauty of it! ;)

BH&R is a little freaky, but overall fits with Muse's beloved space theme.

I found The Resistance's artwork a little disappointing, it's way too colorful imo, but even this artwork fits with the diversity of styles and influences and the overall beauty of the record.

The artwork for Showbiz is quite dull in my opinion. It barely does anything for me, and I feel the addition of that girl is really random.

But overall, as I said, Muse's artworks rules - especially those done by Storm Thorgerson :)

strange, i know it doesn't have to do anything with the topic lol but Hullabaloo is growing on me so much that i'm crazily calling it my favorite Muse album atm because i love the haunting atmosphere.:LOL: i'll probably reconsider it a matter of hours but still:D

btw Hullabaloo's artwork could have been better, but it still captures the album mood

Muse has some really bad album art, probably some of the worst I've seen that still manages to look professional (if you know what I mean). Except for OoS and The Resistance; those two are quite nice.

um no, they have really good art. well at least add Absolution to that list....

To me, the OoS artwork is very literal. The prong-like things are symmetrical- cut them through the middle and each part will be the same. They growing out of the ground, and are forming a little community of prong-things. Thus, this is the Origin of the Symmetrical prong-things.

I've no idea what the Origin of Symmetry is according to Michio Kaku, the author of the book the title was taken from, so it mightn't be the real interpretation, but that's how I see it. :LOL:

The Absolution artwork is hideously cliché, as is that for Black Holes & Revelations.

I'm not a great fan of Storm Thorgersen to be honest.

Origin Of Symmetry is easily Muse's best artwork to date.

How is Absolution and BH&R atrwork cliché?

Matt was very involved in the artwork for Showbiz I read, and he wasn't very happy with the result. I think he said it looked shit! :LOL: But it's okay, it's not mindblowingly amazing but there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm not really concerned with their artwork generally. I mean it's fine on CD covers, but I wouldn't get particularly passionate about it, but I absolutely love The Resistance artwork. I would put it up in my house, if they sold the prints and it fitted. I think I'd have to buy a new modern apartment just to put the artwork up! :LOL:

To me, the OoS artwork is very literal. The prong-like things are symmetrical- cut them through the middle and each part will be the same. They growing out of the ground, and are forming a little community of prong-things. Thus, this is the Origin of the Symmetrical prong-things.

I've no idea what the Origin of Symmetry is according to Michio Kaku, the author of the book the title was taken from, so it mightn't be the real interpretation, but that's how I see it. :LOL:

makes sense, as by origin of symmetry he meant that we were all similar, or shared a connection and all the prong things are the same. so yeah, i guess that's as far as u can really go with it

I think

Absolution < The Resistance < OOS < BH&R < Showbiz

Reverse that and i agree :stongue: (YEAH! un-necessary smiley!). Oh and showbiz is as bad as BH&R

So:

Absolution > The Resistance > OOS > BH&R = Showbiz

Showbiz does nothing for me, but BH&R almost makes me sick. I don't know why... :confused:

Archived