Sounds awesome. :)

I will keep you posted throughout my trip! Although you may regret requesting that - I've already come up with a dumb pun, turning San Francisco into that guy who did the Thong Song...

It took me far too long to get that! I was thinking "Baha men"???? Hahah, then I googled it and laughed.

I have no interest in seeing any of those bands!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

How are we all? I finally got my thesis mark back and had to share the excitement as I've been very anxious about getting it back. It was a good mark! Yay, I'm a good little researcher :happy:

Past few months have been odd with me not really wanting to go on computers much after spending so much time on them for my thesis, but think I'm getting over that now which is good because I need to fix corrections on the thesis before getting it printed in hard bound. And with not many jobs around that seem right for me, it looks like I will give PhD a go...

I'm off on an epic holiday next week myself - San Francisco, Louisville, New York, London, Belgium, Paris, Berlin, Edinburgh, York and Washington DC. Pretty excited!

:awesome:

Wow, Black Keys on the 4th, Radiohead on the 7th and Coldplay on the 10th, that's going to be a hell of week for some people.

I want to see The Black Keys and Radiohead. Might have to try get tickets for Birthday and xmas pressies :ninja:

There hasn't been any Muse news for ages which is odd. Doesn't look like we're getting a live dvd from the last tour season :(

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all.

How are we all? I finally got my thesis mark back and had to share the excitement as I've been very anxious about getting it back. It was a good mark! Yay, I'm a good little researcher :happy:

Past few months have been odd with me not really wanting to go on computers much after spending so much time on them for my thesis, but think I'm getting over that now which is good because I need to fix corrections on the thesis before getting it printed in hard bound. And with not many jobs around that seem right for me, it looks like I will give PhD a go...

:awesome:

I want to see The Black Keys and Radiohead. Might have to try get tickets for Birthday and xmas pressies :ninja:

There hasn't been any Muse news for ages which is odd. Doesn't look like we're getting a live dvd from the last tour season :(

Yay thesis done! Congratulations Michelle! You deserve a nice break now! But then on to the PHD, wow! Good on you. Have a cute puppy pic

Piper:

S__E0AF.thumb.jpg.724085f06293593d4f35e218d1b0d8b6.jpg

Hello all. Michelle- glad to hear your thesis went well! Looks like all that work paid off! And now you're going to do a PhD? :eek: Brave!

Kat- Cute puppy! How have you been recently? :happy:

Thanks, she is gorgeous!! That was about a month ago now, she is lots bigger! I've been ok, a bit crap the last few weeks, I've had glandular fever and have had to take three weeks off work, awful! But I am on the way up again now finally!

How are things with you? What happened to the cats you were trying to rehome?

Yay thesis done! Congratulations Michelle! You deserve a nice break now! But then on to the PHD, wow! Good on you. Have a cute puppy pic

Hello all. Michelle- glad to hear your thesis went well! Looks like all that work paid off! And now you're going to do a PhD? :eek: Brave!

Thanks gals!

Puppy is very cute :happy: I want a puppy, but my kitty probably wouldn't be very happy if I got one. She doesn't even like our new cat, who kinda acts more like a dog sometimes though :erm: But he's fun; poor litttle fella was abandoned it seems. Pretty sure he's a maine coon as all his characteristics seem to fit.

I've been looking at all the forms and PhD handbook today, and there's a lot of stuff to do just to apply. If I make the deadline for the first round of Massey scholarships, 1st of July, it'll be by the skin of my teeth :stunned:

I've been ok, a bit crap the last few weeks, I've had glandular fever and have had to take three weeks off work, awful! But I am on the way up again now finally!

Sorry to hear that, glad you're better now!

Thanks gals!

Puppy is very cute :happy: I want a puppy, but my kitty probably wouldn't be very happy if I got one. She doesn't even like our new cat, who kinda acts more like a dog sometimes though :erm: But he's fun; poor litttle fella was abandoned it seems. Pretty sure he's a maine coon as all his characteristics seem to fit.

I've been looking at all the forms and PhD handbook today, and there's a lot of stuff to do just to apply. If I make the deadline for the first round of Massey scholarships, 1st of July, it'll be by the skin of my teeth :stunned:

Sorry to hear that, glad you're better now!

Ooooh I would love a maine coon! They are gorgeous! Our kitty tolerates the dog, but they curl up in front of the fire together. :happy: The puppy was a rescue puppy, her and her siblings were found dumped in a plastic bag in a park.

Just disgusting what some people are capable of.

Ooooh I would love a maine coon! They are gorgeous! Our kitty tolerates the dog, but they curl up in front of the fire together. :happy: The puppy was a rescue puppy, her and her siblings were found dumped in a plastic bag in a park.

Just disgusting what some people are capable of.

Aww, cute. Yeah, it is terrible when animals are abandoned like that. I can't understand why ours was abandoned, he is so lovely and cheeky. He started showing up more often trying to get food and was quite thin. He had a collar and tag with phone numbers but no one answered and replied. They must have left in a hurry...

Where's a good place to get a reasonably priced suit in Auckland or Christchurch (i'm still a student, so emphasis on reasonably)? Have several occasions coming up requiring one, so I may as well own one instead of hiring each time...

Hallensteins have been advertising suits on tv. I'm just guessing they may be reasonably priced. Worth checking out though.

:awesome: for new Muse album on the way.

Richard and I were just talking about you in a pub in London other week Chris! How are you?

I got sent to Australia on a business trip for 4 weeks in March and got to go to Christchurch for two days and via Perth to see my parents for two days too. And now I am going back to New Zealand for 5 weeks at Christmas time and plan to travel around the North Island. :awesome:

I got sent to Australia on a business trip for 4 weeks in March and got to go to Christchurch for two days and via Perth to see my parents for two days too. And now I am going back to New Zealand for 5 weeks at Christmas time and plan to travel around the North Island. :awesome:

That is indeed awesome! :awesome: Is Oren coming too?

Yeah I'm still in London. Two year anniversary in my job tomorrow. :erm: Richard just came to visit and we went to Belgium one weekend.

I got tickets to the Madrid gig through the application process. £40 vs £65 for London and this way I have an excuse to have a weekend in Spain.

Frick me is it cold. I've got two duvets and a blanket on, and I'm still considering adding a sleeping bag to the mix.

Isn't it just? I'm loving my fire place, but I done Thunk the wood we bought is going to last the whole season the way we are going through it!!

Richard just came to visit and we went to Belgium one weekend.

And that was so, so awesome. Thanks heaps for suggesting it and making the arrangements! Definitely one of the highlights of the trip.

Oh, and I strongly agree with the comments about the cold! Bloody hell!

And it's just not fair. For most of my trip I was in places where it was meant to be spring, but it was only 10-12 degrees, and I was seeing that Auckland had 18-19 those days. Where's that gone now, Auckland? Huh?