Sorry about your bird Michelle. Our budgie when we were kids got a tumour and she was pretty awful in her last months. It's so sad when pets die. :(

Just reading about the referendum, if people vote to retain MMP they will do an electoral commission enquiry into how to change MMP to make it better (reviewing the thresholds and such). Why don't they just do that in the first place?!

Also, I didn't think about this but since they cancelled the census they can't redraw the electoral boundaries based on population. And what's going to happen with the central city electorate in Christchurch? It's all going to be so askew.

And then, if NZ votes to change the system the next referendum which is possibly binding will be the next election...what's the point?!

Sorry about your bird Michelle. Our budgie when we were kids got a tumour and she was pretty awful in her last months. It's so sad when pets die. :(

Thanks Jo. Tumours are awful things. My dog went that way too. Never thought she would go before my rabbit, he still has plenty of spring in his hop for his age.

Bob Clarkson's going to run for ACT at the election. :LOL: 2005 National = the way of the future, apparently. Burqas and testicles now guaranteed to be mentioned during the campaign.

I think ACT can stop calling themselves 'The Liberal Party' now...

Clarkson on John Key - "not aggressive enough in dealing with the issues." Profound.

I can't even beloebe Bob's still around and deluded enough to try again.

Can't believe the govt saying its okay to receive hospitality from Westpac especially when out for tender. When I worked for IRD they were so strict to what could be perceived as a gift to influence. Theres no doubt a conflict of interest.

But it is good they are reviewing the govt banking because Westpac takes the most aggressive tax positions of all the banks and IRD spent a lot of time in court with them.

I'm going to vote to keep MMP. There's no other greater alternative and it would work if they would just tweak it a bit - which is what they do with an electoral commission inquiry if people vote to keep it.

Seems stupid to throw out a system because of a few problems. Obviously with FPP there was huge problems and it wasn't representative at all.