It was a bit nasty. I'll spare you the gory details! I'll leave it up to you to decide whether I'm talking about the bladder injury or the nose-picking incident.

Anyway, how are you, Michelle?

She laughed at me!

Haven't asked her out yet. I just thought I'd add a twist to the saga. But no, the laugh was because she's twice busted me slacking off spectacularly - sitting in exactly the same position, about an hour apart.

I finally asked! So how did it go, you ask? Well, I don't actually know.

I asked "next week or something", which messed things up a bit. Turns out she's going away next week. So I backed way off and said "maybe some other time", and she said "yeah maybe".

So not a resounding success.

:)

Richard, it is today and I am wondering where your tale of love found is?

Also this:

165832_460s.jpg

Awesome! Wish I was talented at stuff like this.

I asked "next week or something", which messed things up a bit. Turns out she's going away next week. So I backed way off and said "maybe some other time", and she said "yeah maybe".

AWESOME! It might not be what you were hoping for, but it's a step in the right direction! Did you ask her to do something specific?

Next time you talk to her about plans it won't be that hard!

I think I suggested coffee. She seemed surprised when I asked, which I wasn't expecting. Thought my crush on her was as obvious as the whole Ricky Martin being gay thing.

Anyway, how was your day?

Hey, I just noticed it's Lenny's 21st birthday today. :eek:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LENNY! I hope it's a fabulously fabulous day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENNY. Congratulations, you have now become a man. I mean woman. :p

lenny.jpg

Oddly specific.

Thank you both for the birthday wishes!

Not sure how I go with the womanliness though - despite being so tall, Auckland bus drivers quite willingly give me child tickets :LOL:

I've put off my official 21st until the summer, because I'm too lazy for the logistics involved in planning a party in Wellington from Auckland.

165832_460s.jpg
Also, this is amazing, and totally out-cools the Star Wars rings they sell in the quad(?) at those Thursday markets.

Also, how are you all?

Dammit Richard! :LOL:

Nah sounds like a good step to me. Now you wait and while and then casually bring it up again later when she gets back. "Oh, how was your trip? Maybe you could tell me about it over coffee?" Smooth :nod:

Thought my crush on her was as obvious as the whole Ricky Martin being gay thing.

I used to have the most obvious crush on a guy at my high school. Pretty much the entire year knew :LOL:

Thank you both for the birthday wishes!

Not sure how I go with the womanliness though - despite being so tall, Auckland bus drivers quite willingly give me child tickets :LOL:

I've put off my official 21st until the summer, because I'm too lazy for the logistics involved in planning a party in Wellington from Auckland.

Also, this is amazing, and totally out-cools the Star Wars rings they sell in the quad(?) at those Thursday markets.

Also, how are you all?

Teehee, I know the feeling. Some girls mistook me for 16 once.

Star Wars rings?? I must get one for my friend. Also yes, it is the Quad. Feels weird that all this time I could have been walking past you there and never known :LOL:

Smooth

Now that's not a word that could ever be used to describe me! 'Endearingly awkward' is the best I can really hope for. The character Hugh Grant plays in every single bloody movie he's in is my role model.

But I think I'm gonna back off. Might just be my notorious lack of confidence striking once again, but I'm increasingly convinced she was uncomfortable when I asked. So I'm thinking "maybe" might have meant no. Nothing worse than being made uncomfortable by unwanted attention (something I've been guilty of in the past), so I'll err on the side of caution for a bit.

Edit: But now my sister told me tonight to "persist". And she coincidentally knows her from when they went to uni. Meh. I'll think about it. Still proud that I asked, anyway. Took balls, if I may say so myself.

Edited by _Ed_

Now that's not a word that could ever be used to describe me! 'Endearingly awkward' is the best I can really hope for. The character Hugh Grant plays in every single bloody movie he's in is my role model.

But I think I'm gonna back off. Might just be my notorious lack of confidence striking once again, but I'm increasingly convinced she was uncomfortable when I asked. So I'm thinking "maybe" might have meant no. Nothing worse than being made uncomfortable by unwanted attention (something I've been guilty of in the past), so I'll err on the side of caution for a bit.

Edit: But now my sister told me tonight to "persist". And she coincidentally knows her from when they went to uni. Meh. I'll think about it. Still proud that I asked, anyway. Took balls, if I may say so myself.

Don't forget that in every Hugh Grant movie at some point he always gets the balls to go and ask out the girl and eventually wins her over, so don't be using that as an excuse!

I think you did good, but I don't think you should give up yet.

Ask her out properly first, then if she says no, or you go and it's not great, then you can legitimately say you tried and it didn't work out.

Harry Potter tonight! I am excited!

Awesome! Hope you have a great time.

I just saw an ad on TV featuring a woman called Rebel. Interesting name. Not as bad as Randi Knights, though - there was a receptionist called that at my high school. Oh how we laughed.

Teehee, I know the feeling. Some girls mistook me for 16 once.

Star Wars rings?? I must get one for my friend. Also yes, it is the Quad. Feels weird that all this time I could have been walking past you there and never known :LOL:

Ooh that is weird! I usually don't look, because I'm usually too broke, but yes, there were these very heavy Star Wars rings at one of the stalls where it looks like they sell more kind of artisan jewellery and trinkets and stuff, near the second hand book stall? They were epically solid, possibly because they were designed for men, but as I have man hands, this was great news for me. I didn't get one though, because it turned out to be way cheaper to get a copy of something by Colette from the book stall.

At the Henderson mall (I think. If that mall is in Henderson, rather than in X Lynn (and why are there so many different Lynns and Glens in Auckland? It's so confusing!)), when my mate and I went to the movies, the usher asked me for ID to an R13, then totally freaked out, when, not thinking, I gave her my uni one.

Because the usher herself was still at high school :LOL:

Kitty and your sister are both very right, though :p

Also, that really is an insane waste of crumpets. Especially like... I know that a bunch of crumpets aren't enough to alleviate the horn of Africa famine, but in light of that kind of global backdrop it's kind of obscene, rather than the stupid "food art" "mosaics" of "famous people" usually are.

Also, that really is an insane waste of crumpets. Especially like... I know that a bunch of crumpets aren't enough to alleviate the horn of Africa famine, but in light of that kind of global backdrop it's kind of obscene, rather than the stupid "food art" "mosaics" of "famous people" usually are.

Absolutely true.