Haha, of course. Our weather was a bit of a let-down today as well. Sorry!

One of our workmates is leaving tomorrow, and a couple of us hadn't written on her farewell card until tonight. We scoured the internet for inspiration - not a wise idea. We found such "humourous" messages as "Go wreak your havoc elsewhere," "Good riddance! Hope you do some actual work at your next job," and the completely inexplicable, "I'll never forget about that time with the wetsuit and the garlic press..."

The wetsuit... and the... garlic press? :erm:

So I was just watching the Jono Project (I don't even know why because I hate Jono Pryor, but I was too lazy to get up and change the channel) and they were doing an Amazing Race joke. So they were up on Mt Eden and got Guy Williams (who is like the very poor man's Dave Farrier) to wear a cloak and carry a spear as the national representative like they always have on that show. Anyway, later over the credits they showed him taking off his shirt to put the cloak on, and all these tiny Asian tourists were swarming around him like mad haha. They were getting photos and everything, obviously thinking that he was an actual cultural performer. And he is apparently 6'5'' so I was like :LOL: because he was completely TOWERING over them. And Jono was just at the side laughing his head off.

Edit: Also can I just say that I love how Dave Farrier's 'Dave Farrier... 3 NEWS!' is now so established that I barely blink an eyelid when he ends an interview like that.

Edit edit: Also I should mention that the little asian ladies were wolf-whistling over Guy Williams like ladies a third of their age haha

Edited by darkshineskitty

So I've finally decided to ask out my workmate/former boss. I've had a crush on her for two and a half years. We'll just have to see what happens. I'm not confident.

I believe in you, Richard! She would be lucky to go on a date with a great guy like you :happy: Anyway, if she says no at least you had the confidence and the determination to ask, which I think is something to be really proud of. I remember asking my crush to the ball in like 7th form, and even though he said no I felt really proud that I had just sucked it up and asked!

Aww, thanks. :) Awesome to hear you say that. I do feel a bit proud now.

But it didn't quite happen today, unfortunately. Bit annoyed at myself.

But when we had a little chat when I arrived at work, she got on a roll on the topic we were talking about, so I didn't want to change the subject - and then I needed to go and get started on my work.

And when I later "went to look something up on the reference shelf by her desk", she looked pretty busy.

Maybe tomorrow.

Aww, thanks. :) Awesome to hear you say that. I do feel a bit proud now.

But it didn't quite happen today, unfortunately. Bit annoyed at myself.

But when we had a little chat when I arrived at work, she got on a roll on the topic we were talking about, so I didn't want to change the subject - and then I needed to go and get started on my work.

And when I later "went to look something up on the reference shelf by her desk", she looked pretty busy.

Maybe tomorrow.

Hello Moas!

Richard - DO IT! You are an awesome guy but your confidence is shit, like Kitty says even if she says no ay least you went for it, and it will never be that hard again. And you never know, she might say yes! :)

Thanks, Kat! Lovely of you to say that. Hopefully I might have a chance, as long as seeing me sing Rammstein, Lady Gaga and Supermassive Black Hole at the last work karaoke night didn't put her off forever. In fact, calling that singing is giving it far more respect than it deserves.

How have you been, anyway?

Thanks, Kat! Lovely of you to say that. Hopefully I might have a chance, as long as seeing me sing Rammstein, Lady Gaga and Supermassive Black Hole at the last work karaoke night didn't put her off forever. In fact, calling that singing is giving it far more respect than it deserves.

How have you been, anyway?

Hahah that is awesome! Kareoke is meant to be bad, always ruins it when someone who can actually sing does it!

I'm good, fully qualified now so been doing crazy amounts of shift work, which is exciting but knackering! Also trying to buy a house which is ten times harder than I thought it was going to be so that's been stressful but I'm sure we will find the right one eventually!

How's things with you?

That's amazing! Awesome to hear. :)

I've been good, thanks. Survived my Masters! It wasn't fun. :noey: I don't know why I put myself through that and paid for it. But it did feel good when I finished it.

Spending every day going through the same routine at the moment - "is today the day I finally get my mark? No. No, it isn't." They said it would be six weeks to three months. They could have eased my anxiety by being a bit more specific. Bastards.

And I got promoted at work, so I spend most of my time editing other people's work. Being paid to be a grammar nazi - it's the job I was born for.

Are you still at North Shore Hospital? I spent two weeks there in May after my mysterious drunken incident. The staff were all awesome, but I still wouldn't consider it my best birthday ever.

Anyway, off to work now. Don't want to be late again! I was late one day last week because I missed my bus stop - a really frail old man had sat down next to me, and I didn't want to make him stand up to let me past.

:LOL:

Sorry to keep you waiting!

Missed another opportunity today unfortunately. The thing that keeps holding me back is the audience - there's usually at least five people within earshot. I know I'm gonna have to get over that.

Tomorrow. Yes. :yesey:

That's amazing! Awesome to hear. :)

I've been good, thanks. Survived my Masters! It wasn't fun. :noey: I don't know why I put myself through that and paid for it. But it did feel good when I finished it.

Spending every day going through the same routine at the moment - "is today the day I finally get my mark? No. No, it isn't." They said it would be six weeks to three months. They could have eased my anxiety by being a bit more specific. Bastards.

And I got promoted at work, so I spend most of my time editing other people's work. Being paid to be a grammar nazi - it's the job I was born for.

Are you still at North Shore Hospital? I spent two weeks there in May after my mysterious drunken incident. The staff were all awesome, but I still wouldn't consider it my best birthday ever.

Anyway, off to work now. Don't want to be late again! I was late one day last week because I missed my bus stop - a really frail old man had sat down next to me, and I didn't want to make him stand up to let me past.

Awesome about the promotion! Congrats!

Three months before you get your marks is more than a bit harsh! And as for your drunken incident.... what on earth did you do???????

I am indeed still at NSH, glad I didn't see you in my theatre though!

Richard hurry up and make your move so you can tell us about it :LOL:

This!

I somehow managed to fall over in such a way that I ruptured my bladder. Everyone at the hospital was highly impressed by this feat, although that didn't make me feel a lot better at the time.

But it's given me a story to tell. And, oh, the sights and smells of the bowel ward that I was later put in...

I somehow managed to fall over in such a way that I ruptured my bladder. Everyone at the hospital was highly impressed by this feat, although that didn't make me feel a lot better at the time.

But it's given me a story to tell. And, oh, the sights and smells of the bowel ward that I was later put in...

HOLY CRAP! How did you even DO that? Wow. That's awful! I hope they looked after you.

Yeah, they were all great and so lovely - amazing, really, considering how busy they always seemed to be.

And everyone at work sent me a card while I was in hospital, saying how quiet, boring and hard-working the place seemed to be without me. :LOL: I know my role in this office.

Oh dear, that sounds very unpleasant. Glad you were treated well!

My taxi driver yesterday picked his nose and wiped his hand on his pants. I told him to keep the change. :erm:

Wise move.