I can't say I'm a Twitterer...or twit, for short.

Just had an awkward moment. I was out for a walk in the sun in my break, listening to music, when I walked past someone who I thought was talking to me, but naturally I didn't hear. So I removed my headphones and said, "Sorry?" It turned out she wasn't talking to me at all, but to her son, who was standing behind her. :$

But I don't think it was unreasonable to think she was talking to me. She was looking directly at me, making eye contact, and walking towards me. Who does this while talking to someone else? And she was holding a camera, so I thought she was asking me to take a photo of her or something.

Hey Moas. I haven't been in this thread for a while. Been too allured by the glitz and glamour of Banter :noey:

I don't have a Twitter, but I do follow Neil Patrick Harris via RSS feed.

Just had an awkward moment. I was out for a walk in the sun in my break, listening to music, when I walked past someone who I thought was talking to me, but naturally I didn't hear. So I removed my headphones and said, "Sorry?" It turned out she wasn't talking to me at all, but to her son, who was standing behind her. :$

But I don't think it was unreasonable to think she was talking to me. She was looking directly at me, making eye contact, and walking towards me. Who does this while talking to someone else? And she was holding a camera, so I thought she was asking me to take a photo of her or something.

At least you stopped to ask, in case she actually had been talking to you. I probably would have just kept going.

Hey Moas. I haven't been in this thread for a while. Been too allured by the glitz and glamour of Banter :noey:

:eek:

I consider this an affront. Either that, or I just wanted to slip that word into a conversation. Hard to tell those apart sometimes.

At least you stopped to ask, in case she actually had been talking to you. I probably would have just kept going.

Wish I hadn't now, though. She reacted like I was being rude.

did you ever try the purple honey ones? they were horrible. it was like a normal cherrio with a honey aftertaste.

Oh my word, those ones were truly terrible. :stunned: I really fail to understand how things like that manage to get sold in shops :LOL:

I have to say I don't miss New Zealand. Which to me, is really unusual and a hard thing to accept. Compared to when I was out here last, I just wanted to go home and hated England.

I hope that's not the case for me :(

Oh my word, those ones were truly terrible. :stunned: I really fail to understand how things like that manage to get sold in shops :LOL:

And even before that, why they're made in the first place. "Well, people like the original...so they'll LOVE them in strange, unnatural and alarming colours and flavours!" There's just a slight flaw in that logic somewhere.

I don't have a Twitter, but I do follow Neil Patrick Harris via RSS feed.

I don't use it for "social networking reasons" (I delayed getting it for the same reason I don't have FB).:p But I found it's a good way to keep in touch with musicians...

I guess I could just use a RSS...

TVNZ On Demand is being useless :indiff:

You don't have to put the word 'being' in there. :ninja:

Ooh, own-employer-burn.

*a posse of imposing uniformed men wanders past, glancing at me menacingly*

Have I mentioned that TVNZ inspires New Zealanders on every screen? :unsure:

They finally replaced nDeva. Now its Student Services Online. Not quite as catchy.

Its pretty flash though- lets you view your timetable in a schedule format, and do other stuff without having to sign in. Seems to be running on Javascript or Flash though, which means I bet it will be a bitch to sign into when the internet is slow.

Edit: Also it appears there is no way to sign out. Interesting.

Edited by darkshineskitty

Sounds interesting and probably a huge improvement. The inability to sign out is quite a setback, though - wouldn't want to use it on a uni computer. :erm:

But you've made me curious, so I'll have a wee look around it myself.

That hostage situation in the Philippines is fucked up. I've been watching it on TV live for a little while. It was a bit of a shock to see a dead body hanging out of the bus.

It looks like people are coming off the bus now though, so maybe the ordeal is finally ending for those poor people.

There's speculation that the body we saw might have been the hijacker himself.