Who is your favorite member of Define Tension  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite member of Define Tension

• Jorge (Bass)
    • Alex (Drums)
    • Eric (Vocals)
    • Beau (Guitar)
    • Chad (Guitar)

This is me playing (take that in in mind when commenting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6zigkS40A

I'm no master of that song or guitar... but a few tips I can give you.

- Less rampant finger movement during the riff. You'll find that how you are doing it now will probably tire you out and make you messy. In particular, your index finger and middle finger. The hammering doesn't need to be heavy especially considering you generally strum every note in this song.

- Practice to a click track (not the actual track itself). I'd be more concerned about the timing of the verses than the riff itself.

One trick I do when I'm without a metronome is I revise the notes I play and use the end of each phrase to tell me where to go. Quite hard to explain, but esentially it's replacing the 1,2,3,4 of a clicktrack with an 'and,1' or something similar, so in this case, you play the first phrase of the riff (the 12 0 13 0 12 0 10 0 12), say and then play that phrase again.

- The phasing effect was too heavy in the middle to hear where you were going with the solo bit but again, keep your fingers closer to the fretboard there and less rapid movement. Maybe check what your thumb is doing behind the fretboard and angle your wrist slightly better. Less movement when you are playing is better.

At least the tone was alright for the most part.

I'm no master of that song or guitar... but a few tips I can give you.

- Less rampant finger movement during the riff. You'll find that how you are doing it now will probably tire you out and make you messy. In particular, your index finger and middle finger. The hammering doesn't need to be heavy especially considering you generally strum every note in this song.

- Practice to a click track (not the actual track itself). I'd be more concerned about the timing of the verses than the riff itself.

One trick I do when I'm without a metronome is I revise the notes I play and use the end of each phrase to tell me where to go. Quite hard to explain, but esentially it's replacing the 1,2,3,4 of a clicktrack with an 'and,1' or something similar, so in this case, you play the first phrase of the riff (the 12 0 13 0 12 0 10 0 12), say and then play that phrase again.

- The phasing effect was too heavy in the middle to hear where you were going with the solo bit but again, keep your fingers closer to the fretboard there and less rapid movement. Maybe check what your thumb is doing behind the fretboard and angle your wrist slightly better. Less movement when you are playing is better.

At least the tone was alright for the most part.

Thanks, I'll try that out. I only learnt it the night before so it was never going to be perfect.

it's not very good to be honest, you should work on your timing, and you skip a few notes.

Also I suggest using the fingers on your left hand in a different way, this seems rather difficult.

I only learnt it the night before I shot this :doobie:

I only learnt it the night before I shot this :doobie:

That is not an axcuse, that just makes it stupid that you even uploaded it.

Nothing personal mate, it's pretty stupid giving advice to people who actually know they didnt even know the song fully.

There are some things wrong with it. (horrible technique, bad tone, lack of feel, etc)

However...his covers are starting to resemble the actual song.

But that's not why he's being posted here. It's because 1) it's a tradition, much like GSK and 2) he's an arrogant prick.

Some of you might not understand the second reason, but you would if you saw the whole flame war because of his signature amp :facepalm:

There are some things wrong with it. (horrible technique, bad tone, lack of feel, etc)

However...his covers are starting to resemble the actual song.

But that's not why he's being posted here. It's because 1) it's a tradition, much like GSK and 2) he's an arrogant prick.

Some of you might not understand the second reason, but you would if you saw the whole flame war because of his signature amp :facepalm:

i saw that when i was just watching :ninja: jjuusstt watching.

Lazza, olly and others:

awful technique.

doesnt deserve the guitars Esparadaddy throws at him.

his left thumb and his huge wrist movements but it is improving.

Not just that, but the way he has his wrist looks incredibly awkward

I missed out on the flame war. What happened?

copy paste of a few pages back:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=4829251#post4829251

it started there, but most of the lols came from the long gone knt banter #2.

it's some laney JCM 800 copy apparently, but he wanted to block out endorsements so he put "esparagus1" name plates on them

endorsements? from playing in a virtual band on youtube? epic fail..

i recall what really set him off was a photoshopped picture of his amp with a behringer logo on it, and he was struggling to defend himself. I was the one who posted it originally (although I didn't even make the picture, someone sent it on MSN iirc) so i got the wrath of esperfrodo :(

it was hilarious though. he went on about "at least people can hear me play my guitars, i haven't heard you play anything on your gibsons or your freaking manson!"

something along the lines of that. then a flame war went on for a good five pages, and he eventually left for good as pretty much everyone was against him. he was asking me for sound clips and stuff when i mentioned that various knters HAD heard me play. :facepalm: not sure why he even brought that up!

eventually this one other guy came on and stuck up for him months later, and my good friend Sam proceeded to tear him to shreds hahaha. i believe that's still in the muse cover thread somewhere

if he had proper technique, good tone, a guitar that he bought himself, then still his arrogance would kill every vid.

Yeah, the arrogance is the biggest problem. And the 12 year old followers on youtube (his other accounts) aren't helping him become less arrogant. I worry about him sometimes. :(

Also, why do people keep spoiling our lols and deleting their videos? like that kid that Jim went all john mayer on...his video is now removed. I've seen lots of people remove their videos.

I wonder why.

Also, why do people keep spoiling our lols and deleting their videos? like that kid that Jim went all john mayer on...his video is now removed. I've seen lots of people remove their videos.

I wonder why.

What was that?

Edit: That kid I pulled the sweatshops joke on? :LOL: Poor guy...

his left thumb and his huge wrist movements but it is improving.

I sometimes do the thumb thing, I'm horrible about that :$

I wonder why.

not sure if its still there but u can check who has linked your vids on other sites and can view them, my guess is ppl have been linked here and seen us rip their crappy vids to death and hasty delete has followed :)

Archived